Launcher v2 Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Big Bad

Does anyone else think it's weird that Steve's mouth on the direwolf20 pic is being used as facial hair?

The facial hair was slightly based on JBDrawing's interpretation of Direwolf20's skin from the ForgeCraft wallpaper. That, and I couldn't make it not look weird without it :V

Taesh

Jul 29, 2019
This is even worse than the current. You had so many great suggestions and good concept art handed directly to you.

Please leave an option to keep using the old launcher.

Reactions: Doormat

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019
That is one hella sexy launcher.

Oh my god that image for Magic World 2 makes me that much more excited for it.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
I like it.... But, apart from the FTB logo I won't be able to tell it apart from a dozen other things Iv'e seen.
Was expecting something a bit more unique I guess. As someone already said it feels like your looking at an iphone app.

Can I do any better, or have ideas ? hell no.
Which is why I still respect the work and effort gone into it.
And it's better than what we have now for sure.

Just not blown away by it... You can't please everyone.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask why there will be a Vanilla Instance? I mean, it will have any change at all?

There have been requests for a vanilla launch button in the launcher for a while, so there's demand for it.

And I assume they're using the term vanilla correctly, which in this context means unmodded Minecraft.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
All you have seen is an image/animation and people are already speculating about lack of features... There is no lack of new features I am currently working on the new server pack API as well as the new modpack downloading and building. I don't think anyone will be disappointed by features. We also have the option to return to list view if you want to but personally I think this view is far more user friendly.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
There have been requests for a vanilla launch button in the launcher for a while, so there's demand for it.

And I assume they're using the term vanilla correctly, which in this context means unmodded Minecraft.

Yeah, but there's some changes that could be made in FTB, for example they could be adding NEI or something.. Which doesn't modify the way Vanilla works.

netcvb

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda wish you was going with the design krlo5 made but it still looks nice. You are able to see all the packs currently avaliable on the launcher and when you want to look into one more you just click on it and it brings you to the menu. I'm hoping though that the formatting for notes about the pack change a little bit and you will be able to allocate more ram than you currently can with the launcher. Also i'm kinda hoping that you can set it to just click to launch if you say right clicked on of the icons.

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else think it's weird that Steve's mouth on the direwolf20 pic is being used as facial hair?
What are you talking bout???
The brown bit is a beard, the mouth is the little black line between it and the nose...

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how I feel about this right now.
As long as you keep the option to use the original launcher, I'll be happy.
Looks nice :)

Edit: but how will private packs factory into this?

deandip

Jul 29, 2019
The facial hair was slightly based on JBDrawing's interpretation of Direwolf20's skin from the ForgeCraft wallpaper. That, and I couldn't make it not look weird without it :V

Don't worry, I think it looks good, just good and weird at the same time.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
As long as there is an option to pick a default pack. Otherwise click on the fancy artwork, then click on button to load/log in. That's double the clicks when compared to the current launcher.

SizzleBacon

Jul 29, 2019
Why is everyone worried about this?

They are going to quality check it, release it for a beta test to get feedback, and make finial changes before we ever see it. They aren't going to release something to us that they know we wouldn't like. Just let them do their job, and if you want your two cents in then participate in the beta and give feedback. It's not even out yet, a little early to start bashing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.