Just built my first house

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
Hi so I found this design on google and i copied it as best as i can and I'm on survival and well this was the first thing i did everything with stone tools and eventually some iron when i found some and honestly i think my house looks horrible and i want to delete the entire save but its just my starter house until i can move i guess what do you think of it.

Reactions: ThorinNL and Pyure

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
That's a huge house. Try using some TiCo Clear Glass, or Ender IO Quite Clear Glass instead of normal glass. Also, setting up some sort of landscape around the outside will help.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
that's a nice one! like pad said, go try tinker's clear class (dyeable also) for windows! Maybe you want to do a 2nd floor :)

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I'd say try to throw in a water feature and some trees or bushes outside. Honestly maybe do some terraforming and add a gradient to the landscape

Reactions: Padfoote

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
mayb
Like a slope. Some features are lower then the surrounding area.

And I too really like that setup, it's far better then mine.
It just need some extra content as others already mentioned.
maybe you can show me an example of gradient,? Sorry I'm confused
and I think your house is cute :)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
My Suggestion
Do something with the floor and interior walls because the theme doesn't follow through on the entire build
i.e. make the back look less like a dug out cave and more like the house that you see from the front.

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
My Suggestion
Do something with the floor and interior walls because the theme doesn't follow through on the entire build
i.e. make the back look less like a dug out cave and more like the house that you see from the front.
I just can't come up with a design for the back:/ any ideas

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
My thought is to add another big window. For two reasons. One: it looks cool. And two: if you divide the inside into rooms you'll have a place to check the time of day if you don't have a clock and have a lot of mobs nearby.

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
My thought is to add another big window. For two reasons. One: it looks cool. And two: if you divide the inside into rooms you'll have a place to check the time of day if you don't have a clock and have a lot of mobs nearby.
But I'm pushed right up against a mountain :/

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
mayb
maybe you can show me an example of gradient,? Sorry I'm confused
and I think your house is cute :)

Thanks :D I'm a cave dweller normally and this time I want something nice.

Not the biggest example of gradient ;), but in the third picture of the album (it's the same with added images).
You can see that my farm animals are lower then the rest of the area (slope, gradient), or go up a level.