Join the "NWMP" Team, Apply Here

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
Hello!

Hey guys, I'm here to expand on the plan I have for my mod-pack, "New World Mod-pack" or NWMP. Now, this isn't a post to advertise more or what ever you my think im trying to do by posting this topic, its just a way to reach out to the main community and make the mod-pack better. As you guys may know, I am a very busy man, although I hate it, I really have very little time to bug test or look for new and exciting mods to include for you guys. Heck, I even went back to IDresolver becuase I don't have the time to propperly map out all the IDs for the pack like i used to when I was working on the first few (non-public) versions. I want to change this, and they way I want to do this is with a "team." Here are some jobs we will need to cover:

Mod Expert(s):
As It sounds; we need an expert for every mod, someone players can ask questions and you will know the answer.

ID mapper(s):
The ID Mapper will need to watch out for the list of currently used IDs and make sure no other mod is going to conflict with others. They will also be in charge of fixing said errors if/when they arrive.

Updater(s):
These select few will be in charge of keeping the public updated threw the FTB forum post and the website dedicated to NWMP. They will also write/update/create chagelogs for each version before and after this point.

Admin(s):
These very select few will have rights on the offical server for NWMP (when available) and will be in charge of assisning tasks and other goals for the entire team to reach. (Further explainion will be given when the role is needed)

Beta Testers:
You will be expected to fin bugs with the mod pack and post them for the correct person(s) to address. There will be a quota that you must either meet or explain why you did not meet said quota. This quota will be organized by your beta team leader, and distributed out to that teams members by the leader.

More roles will be added as needed, but I feel if we get these jobs filled out SOON, then NWMP can become more user friendly and benifit all around. If you are interested in applying please note the following requirements:

Requirements:

16 years of age (13-16 MUST be interviewed by myself and under go a few "qualifications" testing)
Skype (Other Means of Voice Communitaion may be accepted for an interview)
FTB Account (You will need this, so might as well make it required :p)
(More may be added as needed)

If you feel you meet these basic requirements and want to apply for an interview please message me with your skype username, and we will set up a time and date.

Thanks for Reading,
Kyle McQueen (kylemcqueen75)

P.S Sorry for any typos :p

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Damn. I was about to say that I'd like to do the whole mod expert thing, but then I saw the age and voice interview requirement. Then again, I probably wouldn't have done a very good job anyway (I have school when most Internetizens are in the afternoon/evening).

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I would apply for the mod expert thing, but I ant talk over the internet do to restrictions, if you want someone who is a mod expert, who will just help out in general, you can message me. sorry

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
I would apply for the mod expert thing, but I ant talk over the internet do to restrictions, if you want someone who is a mod expert, who will just help out in general, you can message me. sorry
The stage we are at now, we need some form of voice communication so the team can work in sync.

kylemcqueen75

Nov 4, 2012
A few good mods that you should put in the pack are ars magica, mekanism, logistics pipes (the port by thezorro266 http://ci.thezorro266.com/job/LogisticsPipes/) and InfiCraft/Tinkers Construct. I would love to help but im 15 :/
The age restriction isn't something that has to been enforced if you feel you are mature enough to be assigned a "job" and understand you will be expected to meet deadlines if any are given. Message me if you would like an interview.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
The age restriction isn't something that has to been enforced if you feel you are mature enough to be assigned a "job" and understand you will be expected to meet deadlines if any are given. Message me if you would like an interview.
ok, if you want like a wiki, then i can help, but I do understand the voice communication stuff and why it is necessary for you.

mmorton89

Jul 29, 2019
Well you said here,
The stage we are at now, we need some form of voice communication so the team can work in sync.

Sorry I was going to try to help out a little but I assume you have a dedicated server because of this post.

Admin(s):
These very select few will have rights on the offical server for NWMP (when available) and will be in charge of assisning tasks and other goals for the entire team to reach. (Further explainion will be given when the role is needed)

If so you could just get a free communication server and run it on the server, I was going to offer teamspeak.

bosky2102

Jul 29, 2019
We run of skype at the mo have no issues with it so far

Kyle ment that you need to have a mic to join as its way easyer to talk and get to know you and get stuff done