JamPacked II

RickJ

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a minimum play time req. for game time ie. HQM x amount of quests, x amount of hours req. to complete given tasks or reach end game?

Reactions: Chaka

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Another question: If anyone with a FTB tag forms a team with non FTB people, does that disqualify them from any prize they would be entitled to otherwise?
I thought I knew the answer to that, but we're working it out and should have a definitive answer when the prize details come out.

psp

Jul 29, 2019
Submission Requirements:
The modpack must be quest based of some sort with a definitive ending.

When you say definitive ending, if i have a main event/story line and when that is completed, still have other things done.
Like if i end more quests for different parts of different mods that wont go in the main storyline, is that still considered a definitive ending.

I mean, there would be a "final" event/achievement. Just say, as extras to go along after you have beat the main part of the pack.

FennekMaster

Jul 29, 2019
Well, my first road block so far... I am gonna try to fix this or start over.

Update: I fixed the recipes. Now I can continue with the modpack.

Last edited:

Ainuryn

Jul 29, 2019
Submission Requirements:
The modpack must be quest based of some sort with a definitive ending.
The modpack must be based on an apocalypse theme. This is very much open to interpretation, but there must be something to do with civilization having suffered a catastrophe.
The modpack must be built on Minecraft 1.7.10.
You must be able to get permission to distribute all the mods in your modpack publicly. You don't have to submit your pack to the third party system, but there isn't much point in a winning modpack that no one can play.

Quick clarification, does it have to have Suffered an apocalypse? Or could your pack say....be about causing it :eek:

WrinkleyPotato

Jul 29, 2019
This is gonna be good... An RFTools Dimension (Classified as the OverWorld) with Quadrum making custom ores so I can have not stone, but limestone, and using CoFH Core to create Custom Spawn mechanics... Minetwekaer to add recipes... Yep.

Reactions: Fuzzbling

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Quick clarification, does it have to have Suffered an apocalypse? Or could your pack say....be about causing it :eek:
The idea is that the apocalypse has happened and the story is about recovering from it. But I'm not picky.

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder what will come around this time :> Absoloutely LOVE Hqm packs, and who knows, maybe AS2 will be ready in-time for this, and will most likely claim winner

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder what will come around this time :> Absoloutely LOVE Hqm packs, and who knows, maybe AS2 will be ready in-time for this, and will most likely claim winner
AS2 wouldn't be judged, as Jaded started working on it before the competition...

Also, the winner this time may not be an HQM pack, as that isn't the only way to do quests :p

SnowShock35

FTB Pack Developer
Feb 27, 2014
United Kingdom
snowshock35.com
Wow, so far I'm finding this category really difficult to come up with something unique at this point. It's almost like you need to basically do the same as every other mod pack :/ IDK just think this is difficult to be unique with...

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Employees, relatives and members of FTB, Curse and Creeperhost may submit a pack, but will not be eligible to win prizes.

What happens if they get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place. Will the respective prize be handed out to the next one down the line. Would be kinda interesting. More so then not rating there's at all. Kinda at least give them some incentive to enter. Though of course that may raise technical issues.

Kinda would suck to enter and not even be able to be rated.

Best wishes to everyone that enters.

So many different things possible with a apocalypse theme. With all the mods that are available. This should be really interesting.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I would guess that they're not counted for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. It would kinda suck if the prices get lost.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
What happens if they get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place. Will the respective prize be handed out to the next one down the line. Would be kinda interesting. More so then not rating there's at all. Kinda at least give them some incentive to enter. Though of course that may raise technical issues.
See this
I thought I knew the answer to that, but we're working it out and should have a definitive answer when the prize details come out.

Reactions: DeathOfTime