I've found the fabled holy Planks of Sengir...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

HelloMyNameIsreaper

Jul 29, 2019
If any one makes that You better not place it on the ground other wise it becomes a normal wooden plank. This happened to a friend who wondered if it would still glow when placed DERP

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
This Thread 2.0

GrechTECH Changes to this thread upcoming:
1. Vowels now cost 2 bitcoin each to type
2. Double syllable words can sometimes catch fire
2. All letters and other characters have changed recipes! Please use this page for question. Keep that alt key ready!
http://symbolcodes.tlt.psu.edu/accents/codealt.html
4. The number '3' removed from the game; general math far too easy.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

I real Greg would not have removed 3. Instead he would have just forced switched to a diffrent base number set. Like base 8 or base 16.

Turst me doing any math in something other then base 10 gets really complex really fast.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
This Thread 2.0

GrechTECH Changes to this thread upcoming:
1. Vowels now cost 2 bitcoin each to type
2. Double syllable words can sometimes catch fire
2. All letters and other characters have changed recipes! Please use this page for question. Keep that alt key ready! http://symbolcodes.tlt.psu.edu/accents/codealt.html
HalfLife III Confirmed!

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Base 12 apparently would make things easier. Because it doesn't making things repeat when dividing with multiples of three.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Base 12 apparently would make things easier. Because it doesn't making things repeat when dividing with multiples of three.

Base 12 or Base 6 Mathematicians are on the fence on which of these are better. But it seems there is evaidence that the universe runs on base 12 or base 6.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Numbers are a figment of our imagination. We created numbers. We could have used absolutely anything else, but the Universe does not use numbers. If the Universe were sentient, it would ask "What are numbers?" The universe runs on whatever system we choose. We can just adjust our numbers, because the Universe doesn't care.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Numbers are a figment of our imagination. We created numbers. We could have used absolutely anything else, but the Universe does not use numbers. If the Universe were sentient, it would ask "What are numbers?" The universe runs on whatever system we choose. We can just adjust our numbers, because the Universe doesn't care.
Or said another way: An amount is the same amount no matter what base or numerals we use to represent it. Or, numbers exist only in our mental representation/description of the universe.

Saice's words about the universe 'running on' a number system seems meaningless to me since the universe doesn't 'run', rather it 'is'. I think. But then you get into metaphysics...
(By the same token, imagining what would occur if the universe were sentient doesn't make sense to me either. It's like wondering "If the rules of monopoly could think..." Although if it were sentient it would know what numbers are since it could hardly miss us using them. I suppose.)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Na the universe is an artifcail creation and vary possably just a simutation.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
image.jpg

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Look saying the univrese runs on math is much like saying a river runs on hydrodyamtic laws. It also does not care of even know what those laws are. But yet these laws do infact tell you how the river runs and how it works and even can prodict how it will change.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
*mind nuked*

Heres one for you.

Ok nothing is faster then the speed of light right?
Black holes trap light right?

So gravity has to travel out form the block whole to effect the light partical. Becuase of this gravity in effect travels faster then the speed of light.

Its something people are trying to work out becuase it breaks a few laws as we understand them. The answer is either yes gravity waves can travel faster then light escaping their own eventherizon. OR gravity waves are some how trasmited with out being effected by other gravity waves.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.”

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
So instead of using their time on something important, they're chasing after proof of some stupid idea that reality's just a computer simulation? Give me a break. I honestly don't see why it matters whether reality's real or not. It feels real so I don't care and I think a significant portion of other people would feel the same way.