I've found the fabled holy Planks of Sengir...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
What if you made a Mystcraft age with "Sky" biome and killed the Ender Dragon there? Would that spawn the End Portal with the Dragon Egg? On that note, would it spawn an Ender Dragon for each End square in a checkerboard two biome age since it spawns once per biome?

Darkblock306

Jul 29, 2019
You've missed my joke.
ITRMcL0.jpg
I just got it... I already forgot about EE2.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I guess the yellow periods in my posts on the previous page were too small for most people to notice :p

It's probably for the best that people are succeeding in forgetting about EE2. That much power is too much for any minecraft player to stand for long. Although the same might in the future be said of possessing the Holy Planks of Sengir.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Change the config and you are good to go (no explosion), I think the mystcraft dragon egg is legit (only if you turn off that config).

Darkblock306

Jul 29, 2019
I guess the yellow periods in my posts on the previous page were too small for most people to notice :p

It's probably for the best that people are succeeding in forgetting about EE2. That much power is too much for any minecraft player to stand for long. Although the same might in the future be said of possessing the Holy Planks of Sengir.
Indeed. I remember setting up a condenser array that made a diamond every minute from milk.

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
noskk is right, it's a config option for the siphon to not make a boom when multiple eggs are used on multiple siphons, I don't know if it has been fixed in FTB yet, but I would recommend avoiding siphons entirely until it get updated because they were glitched a few versions back, and would explode upon a chunk being reloaded.

More on topic, yeah the planks were an easter egg put in when people posted Sengir's signature in the GregTech thread, if you place them though, they lose the smite effect.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Too bad you can't transfer the enchant with the anvil or uncrafting table, would be great if you could enchant that into a book and use the book for... a nano saber for example :D.

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
my EE2 world did not spawn an end properly. no dragon, no endermans, no land - just portal. So I brought in a single T1 condenser and a trans tablet and made it me new home. Had a red power factory, 2 nuclear reactors, and farms for the express purpose of brewing beer. There was a frame machine tram that lead to an obsidian and marble village populated only by endermans, and a series of around 100 thermopiles underneath to supply constant blulectricity to the motors.

EE2 was just creative mode... fun for teh building of complex designs, not fun for teh challenge of building working designs from base materials.

Reactions: Darkblock306

Qwertz

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen Sengirs sig and heard of the holy planks of Sengir (I quoted Sengirs sig into mine the first time I saw it) I never thought they were actually real though. I. WILL. CRAFT. THEM...

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
I have the egg and the stars maybe i should craft it just for the lolz
Love the signature.
/manu

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone is worried about using up the dragon egg for their holy planks, right? You can craft a dragon egg with Xeno's Reliquary with a tome of alkestry and 8 diamond blocks.

This also means you can use more then one dragon egg energy siphon if you fix the config file.
Also I'm apparently a active member now. Will wonders ever cease?

Phycoz

Jul 29, 2019
With the addition of Reliquary, I'm guessing it's much easier to make since you can use wither skeletons and some diamonds to instant craft a nether star, and you can make the dragon egg with diamond blocks.

Once I've reached some of the other mod's endgame, it will be my goal to craft this.
EDIT: It should have an insane heat value so you can cook things in a furnace for literal days, and be able to throw it in a boiler and it will be enough to start producing steam off one plank.
Or maybe put it in a generator :D

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
With the addition of Reliquary, I'm guessing it's much easier to make since you can use wither skeletons and some diamonds to instant craft a nether star, and you can make the dragon egg with diamond blocks.

Once I've reached some of the other mod's endgame, it will be my goal to craft this.
EDIT: It should have an insane heat value so you can cook things in a furnace for literal days, and be able to throw it in a boiler and it will be enough to start producing steam off one plank.
Or maybe put it in a generator :D
Try it in a magic energy whatever(the one you can give enchanted items and get power). IIRC that is your best bet, as it lasts a pretty long time and emits a lot of power.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, since Xeno's Reliquary means folks can mass produce The Holy Planks now, I figure the recipe needs to be made a bit more difficult, right? Nice job breaking it, Xeno!
(Disclaimer: this post is 0% serious.)