I've found the fabled holy Planks of Sengir...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
No, they don't.
It's a very widely held myth that 'the laws of aerodynamics say that bumblebee can't fly, but no-one told the bee.'
Probably this is based on a simple linear treatment of oscillating aerofoils. This assumes small amplitude oscillations without flow separation, ignoring the effect of dynamic stall which causes an airflow separation inducing a large vortex above the wing. This vortex briefly produces several times the lift of the aerofoil in regular flight. The bumblebee flies because its wings encounter dynamic stall on every down stroke.
Bees beat their wings approximately 200 times a second, which is up to 20 times as fast as nerve impulses can fire. They achieve this because their thorax muscles don't expand and contract on each nerve firing, but rather vibrate like the string on a musical instrument.
Oh my god I shouldn't be able to understand that.
EDIT: *Sees word "simple"*
Never mind :oops:

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my god I shouldn't be able to understand that.
EDIT: *Sees word "simple"*
Never mind :oops:

Basically, it has to do with the way bees beat their wings, causing a lower air pressure above the wing than below. Due to pretty much the definition of air pressure, this lifts the bee up.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Basically, it has to do with the way bees beat their wings, causing a lower air pressure above the wing than below. Due to pretty much the definition of air pressure, this lifts the bee up.
The great part is...
I know! :D
I shouldn't have known, the way Lamby pamby said it, but I did, anyways!

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
tumblr_m63z3iUahk1rtvao8o1_1280.jpg
hahahah

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
It helps to see the Air sort of like a Liquid like if your in a pool. If you push your hand quickly throught it your create this drag or vortex. This is basicly what is happening with the bee wing. Mind you air is much thining then water but the bess is also much lighter and its wings are moving much faster.

This is also why the basic airfoil explame even in highshcool is faulty with its the air going over the foil moves faster then the air under the foil making lift. And one smartalic kid will pipe in with why do the wings work upside down then.

Thats the issue with any science theroy if you try to simplify it to a layman most times you will do it in a faulty way that leaves huge logic holes that can only be explained by going into the more advance stuff that they migt not understand in the frist place.

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
There was a video where a person crafted it, but accedentaly placed it, and got normal wood when he mined it.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Yay for helicopters!
Wow, I tried to look up a picture of a bee with helicopters wings, and I found tons of pictures of helicopters named the Honeybee.

Turns out, I have one over there *points to RC helicopter that is actually really advanced and has never been able to fly because it broke almost instantly because I didn't know how*

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Its weird that when you break the plank it becomes a normal one, if it has NBT data that is enchanted, when you pick it up and has the same ID it should still be enchanted...

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I think only entities have NBT data, placed blocks cannot. Hence placing a block with NBT data would delete said data.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I think only entities have NBT data, placed blocks cannot. Hence placing a block with NBT data would delete said data.

But if it is the same block ID it should just come back. Like, if you place a block that has something specific in it, when you break it it can't just become a non enchanted plank (because it doesn't exist) the enchant should just come back... Its hard to explain.

And enchanted books, pipettes, etc (items with tooltips) have NBT data, not only entities.

I bet you just need to use a wrench made of nether stars.

Edit: tile entities are also some sort of nbt data holders, like chests, spawners...

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
But if it is the same block ID it should just come back. Like, if you place a block that has something specific in it, when you break it it can't just become a non enchanted plank (because it doesn't exist) the enchant should just come back... Its hard to explain.

And enchanted books, pipettes, etc (items with tooltips) have NBT data, not only entities.

I bet you just need to use a wrench made of nether stars.
enchanted books and pipettes are not placeable.

Although that does make me think if Endertanks have NBT data, or Enderchests... hence the "I think" part of my post.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
enchanted books and pipettes are not placeable.

Although that does make me think if Endertanks have NBT data, or Enderchests... hence the "I think" part of my post.

What I mean is, if you have an edited plank of ID 45 and it comes already enchanted (in its class), hence the block with ID 45 will be always enchanted, so, if you place it and break it, aren't you supposed to get again the same block ID 45 with it's enchant? Because there can't be an ID 45 enchanted and another block with the same ID but not enchanted...

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
What I mean is, if you have an edited plank of ID 45 and it comes already enchanted (in its class), hence the block with ID 45 will be always enchanted, so, if you place it and break it, aren't you supposed to get again the same block ID 45 with it's enchant? Because there can't be an ID 45 enchanted and another block with the same ID but not enchanted...
Easy, NBT data didn't exist in earlier versions. It is just added data to define enchants, custom names, lore text, etc. Blocks can have NBT data via tile entities but that requires the original block to have tile entity associated with it to work. Planks does not have a tile entity.

But to comment on your confusion about IDs; IDs only define the base item and then the game tells you what that is. If you had "planks" with the ID of 45 it would actually be bricks. The ID of the Holy Planks is 5, it just has custom name and enchants via NBT data. But when you place it it will lose said data due to not having a tile entity associated with it.

Although it doesn't exactly work like that. Tile entities don't have enchants or lore text or maybe they do but it wouldn't do anything hence there is no point to save it.

Read up here: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Data_values

Chaos_omega

Jul 29, 2019
Lol.. Too bad there's no way to get more than 1 egg.. I would love to make that but I can't afford to lose my egg since I need it for my bees =(
Accually you can craft dragon egg if you have Tome Of Alkahest and 8 Diamond blocks (if u have xeno's requilary mod) without any editing on saves to respawn enderdragon

D

Deleted member 38496

It's because the Planks of Sengir are actually just the same normal wooden planks as you get from a tree. The crafting recipe is set to produce block ID 5, just with some unique NBT data for the enchantment and name.