Whitelist Server Infinity | 1.2.1 | Mature 18 + | Small Community

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Enigma-V2

Jul 29, 2019
I'm Looking into it now. Will be running it on a test server to check for any problems. I will most likely update the server if all goes well

iBootleg

Jul 29, 2019
Tps is still low. it seems its mainly just the overworld that has issues. I was in the nether and i was getting very little lagg. As a temp soultion until it is figured out what is causing the lagg, can we get a comunity void or an overworld copy world (mystcraft or rf tools) age? it would help some of us on the server that aren't that far into the game. Just something to consider :D

DHILLON

Jul 29, 2019
MC Name: DH1LL0N
How Long you've been playing: minecraft since 09 and mods since 2011
Why you want to join: I want to join because I have been looking for a small whitelisted community server and this server looks like it might be what i am looking for

BLSmith2112

Jul 29, 2019
It isn't just the Overworld. TPS is server-wide. I got >5 TPS in the nether last night with 2 players logged in. If there is an area with extremely low FPS (We're talking 0-2) then its worth bringing to the attention of Enigma as the server has a hard time keeping up. In servers I've run in years past, things like constantly exploding boilers or blocked logistical pipes caused the server to grind to a halt. I live around Meanmanmartinez and A_Structural_D and there are virtually no FPS bombs anywhere in the area.

Personally I think there needs to be a limit of One Dimensional Anchor a person and one quarry a person (make anchors uncraftable and admin assign one to each person). If there are other forms of chunk loaders available, disable them entirely (there is a program an admin can run to see location of all chunk loaders just in case people try and get 2 or more). Also I think there needs to be a item clean up script running every 10-15 minutes, I've seen floating items stay around for ages. Perhaps a 10-30 second pre-warning would also help.

Keeping too many chunks loaded is essentially like having a fully populated server with no one on. I've heard about people wanting to operate 64x64 automated farms with chunk loaders (I haven't seen those, just heard people talking about it) - you're not going to get good server performance if thats an acceptable thing.

Last edited:

Enigma-V2

Jul 29, 2019
Ok guys, I know the tps issues are frustrating but I am working on it.

So looking at the server after the update most of the memory leaks have been sorted, but there could still be one or two that are causing problems.
I will only know for sure after the server has been running a while longer.

I have temporarily disabled chunkloading while the player is offline so this should help a little.

I believe that there might be a few player made structures that are causing issues as well. Possibly redstone timers/loops or cc code.
This is going to take me longer to find.

The other source of tps issues are when generating new chunks. this is less of a problem now as a large area of the map has been explored but generating new worlds, etc still causes this. This is a problem I cannot fix as this is hard coded into mojang worldgen.
I could write a script that will generate say 2000 chunks from spawn but this will mean the server will be down for probably 24h

In the meantime I would ask that you refrain from building those huge world destroyers i.e. mining well set-ups and not to overdo it with chunkloaders. Problems occur when several people build chunkloaders that overlap with each other and/or are set to load an insane amount of chunks.
I would also ask that you do not build any bc quarrys or wells and use ender versions instead as they use less server resources to run.

I am also more than happy to upgrade the server but I haven't been able to find one that has better specs than the one we are currently using.
If any of you know of any dedicated server hosts that offer better specs than the following, let me know:

Processor Intel Xeon E3 1245v2
Cores/Threads 4 cores/ 8 threads
Frequency 3.4 GHz+
RAM 32GB DDR3
Disks 3 x 120 GB SSD

Also if there are any suggestions that you might have that will improve stability please let me know.

BLSmith2112

Jul 29, 2019
Very much appreciate you working on these issues man. I'm sure its a cause for many headaches and its cool to know your on top of it.

Server Specs and Allocation:
You mentioned the server specs, but is this a shared host? If the server we're on has other servers running off of it (I assume there are), they could be using more resources than us at any given time and thus make erratic and unpredictable drops in performance. How much RAM of that 32GB is allocated for this particular server?

For players in this server:
  1. Because all chunk loading is temporarily disabled, that means if you are experiencing TPS lag - the issue lies with YOU or the server itself because player structures with timers, machines, etc., are not currently loaded and not putting a strain on the server.
  2. If your flying all over the place with your fly ability, your killing the TPS of the server.
  3. If you have tons of timers, remove them.
World Size:
I'm totally cool with setting a max world size limit. The 24-hour server uptime delay is okay too. Anything to make gameplay as seemless as can be.

Chunkloading:
If offline chunkloading turns out not to be causing the (current) lag issue. I would very much appreciate a reply on here (or in-game) to when that is turned on. If A_Structural_D or Meanmanmartinez signs in when I am not, it will be throwing my power system out of wack, which I am fine with as we are troubleshooting the server. I'll be going back to my old method of getting power until chunk-loading has been cleared of any preformance degredation. I do not have tons of experience owning servers (I've only hosted five 10-man servers previously) but we set chunk loading limits to all players to 5x5 chunks maximum.

My personal suggestions:
  1. Limit World Size to 2000x2000 chunks.
  2. Disable flying (jetpacks are OK), remove gliders and EnderIO gliders, power suit flying, etc.
  3. Disable the ability to build all forms of chunk-loaders. Delete all the ones that currently exist in the world, and place one dimensional anchor in the inventory of all active players.
  4. Is MystCraft a big thing in this server? I suggest a strict limit of worlds per-person. In my old server we had to delete dozens of them for performance reasons.
  5. Limit to one type of quarry, one per-person.
  6. Limit timers and other ticking gates to some arbitrary number per-person.
All of those being said, I'm really just an ignoramus. I'm not trying to make things harder for people, but I wanna stick around this server for months to come. I appreciate that Lead is on the case and I speak for A_Structural_D, Meanmanmartinez, and myself when I say thanks for all your hard time and effort. At the end of the day, this is a great server and I look forward to seeing what we all build together in the months to come.

dxhhh101

Jul 29, 2019
While I do somewhat agree with you that things need to be limited, I personally don't think that's the way to go about it;
1. The TPS drops that are caused by generating new chunks are completely different then what we are dealing with. One the chunks have been made, they cause no lag (they're just saved).
2. Refer to 1.
3. I'm not sure where I personally stand here, so I'll leave it at that.
4. Mystcraft worlds can be made by leadpistol, and that's it, this is not an issue.
5. Again, not sure if this even applies to anyone, so I'll leave it at that.
6. Tbh, there is no way in hell to limit this, there are just too many ways to create ticks, and as far as opis says, this isn't a huge issue.

That is just my opinion however, take it with a grain of salt.

Skitty

Jul 29, 2019
I've been away for a week and a bit, but I'm back. I don't know what's going on with the server, but I logged on and the TPS is sitting at ~2. I'm not quite sure what's going on, but there's most likely a player that's got a LOT built and has no idea what kind of lag he/she is causing.
@BLSmith2112
1. I'll agree, just so that there isn't any chunk loading happening after a bit of time.
2. I like flying. Don't disable it, especially if the server is limited to 2k x 2k chunks (and I believe, if you're looking at chunks, it should be around 500x500 or so). Flying wouldn't cause lag unless it's loading NEW chunks.
3. I think everyone should be limited to 1 chunk loader that loads their main base, at most. Otherwise, agree.
4. Mystcraft is buggy as heck and shouldn't be allowed for the standard player (since it causes problems). Last I checked the only ages that were stable right now were voids.
5. I agree. And I believe it should be limited to EnderQuarries, and disable (or disallow) buildcraft ones. You can use a filler if you need a space cleared.
6. I sort of agree with dxhhh101 on this one.

iBootleg

Jul 29, 2019
We do appreciate all your hard work. The only things that can cause this kind of tps lagg are either an extreme entity count (mobs or items/exp orbs) and the server not being powerful enough. Is the server a dedicated server or is it a shared server. If its shared its more then likely one of the other users using more then their fair share of the server.

A_struct

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i just got told to 'fuck off and not come back', shortly after being called a n'#~ger. Some bad bad vibes on this server. Too many kids I think. I'm out.

A_struct

Jul 29, 2019
Given that we seem to be being pushed out, blamed for lag - even bullied slightly, as well as all the above, I wondered if it would be okay to have a copy of the world. Might be better for everyone....

Skitty

Jul 29, 2019
We do appreciate all your hard work. The only things that can cause this kind of tps lagg are either an extreme entity count (mobs or items/exp orbs) and the server not being powerful enough. Is the server a dedicated server or is it a shared server. If its shared its more then likely one of the other users using more then their fair share of the server.

Yeah, someone probably has a chunkloader on a mob grinder that they didn't turn off. I'm assuming the grinder, in this case, is turned off or broken and the spawner is still going...causing MASSIVE lag. The server is quite powerful, even if it's only getting 2GB of that RAM. The only way we're getting the TPS that we are is the above case that I've mentioned (which could be solved by turning chunkloaders off when the player logs out somehow).

Well, i just got told to 'fuck off and not come back', shortly after being called a n'#~ger. Some bad bad vibes on this server. Too many kids I think. I'm out.

Should probably post a screenshot or something. I've never heard anyone talking 'smack' like that before. I don't know what you said or did, but I assume that you started it somehow; Unless the player doing that is someone new that I haven't ever seen or met before. Sorry that you had that happen either way, but yeah..there are a few kids on the server :p

A_struct

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i think that's it. You - assumed - I started it somehow. And you have no real reason to assume to that (not that you're interested, but it was that Triple guy). Ask bootleg, he was there. Anyway, that doesn't bother me too much. I know what happened and they do to. But yeah, we just want to move on really. No hard feelings.

A_struct

Jul 29, 2019
But if we could get a copy of the world that would be great. We put a fair bit of work into it. Would be really helpful, and a more pleasant way to say goodbye.

Skitty

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i think that's it. You - assumed - I started it somehow. And you have no real reason to assume to that (not that you're interested, but it was that Triple guy). Ask bootleg, he was there. Anyway, that doesn't bother me too much. I know what happened and they do to. But yeah, we just want to move on really. No hard feelings.
But if we could get a copy of the world that would be great. We put a fair bit of work into it. Would be really helpful, and a more pleasant way to say goodbye.
It's probably worth mentioning a few of the more matures are wanting to come with too. i'm not the only one who's seen his racist comments unfortunately.

Don't quite understand what it is with all the multi-posts. Just edit your post to add things you want to say >.<. I'm not being rude to you, so please return the favor with me. I'm not a mod or anything on the server, just a normal player. I also added more to that than the assumption, since I've never seen people saying anything near that. But hopefully you can get what you want. :)

iBootleg

Jul 29, 2019

He was calling everyone a n!gg3r and claiming he was in a skype call. He was also swear in almost every sentence. It wasn't just occasional like an adult it was like every sentence like he was trying to sound mature. I was a little uneasy with him on the server. Also the tps was holding pretty steady between 19-20. I was told it was deff a lot of people had massive area's chunk loaded. Maybe editing the configuration for the anchors to limit their size to a 3x3 or 5x5. So we don't have that issue.