Infinite Lapis Lazuli

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
so, you've a stable compact lapis farm, what will you do next? expand ofcourse!
so I made a new build, that'll generate all 16 vanilla dyes. again, I tried to make it as compact as possible, and the result is

CsqBb0E.png

this build has 24 assemblers and 16 pulverizers and 4 accumulators with fluiducts, itemducts and energy conduits connecting them all.
2 dyes share 1 assembler for the crafting of string, and each dye has their own assembler to craft the colored wool.
for this build you'll need to have alot of wool beforehand and you'll need to do alot of configuring, otherwise your system will get clogged up, or put items where they shouldn't be

here's a top view, showing some of the itemduct configurations, and a diamond chest for the extra dye output.

rstddcU.png

now for this build I wanted to build a proper power generation instead of plunking down a creative cell.
I tried doing a 9x9 carrot farm with bioreactors/generators, but in the end I wasn't really able to make a proper self-sustaining energy source...

zDXRcK6.png

I could've build something like a treefarm, but I tried keeping it all as simple as possible for the power generation

Reactions: PhantomRage

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
so, you've a stable compact lapis farm, what will you do next? expand ofcourse!
so I made a new build, that'll generate all 16 vanilla dyes. again, I tried to make it as compact as possible, and the result is

CsqBb0E.png

this build has 24 assemblers and 16 pulverizers and 4 accumulators with fluiducts, itemducts and energy conduits connecting them all.
2 dyes share 1 assembler for the crafting of string, and each dye has their own assembler to craft the colored wool.
for this build you'll need to have alot of wool beforehand and you'll need to do alot of configuring, otherwise your system will get clogged up, or put items where they shouldn't be

here's a top view, showing some of the itemduct configurations, and a diamond chest for the extra dye output.

rstddcU.png

now for this build I wanted to build a proper power generation instead of plunking down a creative cell.
I tried doing a 9x9 carrot farm with bioreactors/generators, but in the end I wasn't really able to make a proper self-sustaining energy source...

zDXRcK6.png

I could've build something like a treefarm, but I tried keeping it all as simple as possible for the power generation
Man this thread has sprung some interest
By the way
HjZ3xRb.gif

Nice job!

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
You can make power with this design. I went and checked it out and as it turns out you can make biofuel with lapis.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Black wool provides ink sacs... squid power without the squid!

Aaaannyway. Anny dye should work in a MFR BioReactor. He is making all 16 dyes meaning he could surely spend some if the dye to get a max efficiency BioReactor going. No idea if youll get enough of a dye return for it to work though :)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Black wool provides ink sacs... squid power without the squid!

Aaaannyway. Anny dye should work in a MFR BioReactor. He is making all 16 dyes meaning he could surely spend some if the dye to get a max efficiency BioReactor going. No idea if youll get enough of a dye return for it to work though :)

actually, I tried that. I used the compact build with ink sacs as the dye, sadly not enough ink sacs were produced to keep the compact build going.
applying this to the 16 dyes build wouldn't really help, as all the dyes would still not provide enough power to keep it all going.

on a quick note, the carrot build that I did actually seems to produce just enough power to keep it all going
it takes a bit to get it going, but if you quickstart it with some extra stacks of carrots it helps quite a bit.
the weird thing though is that the reactor seems to prefer filling 1 generator first, before it starts filling the second generator.
if the reactor would provide the same amount to both generators, I probably wouldn't have to quickstart it though

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Squid power got nerfed long ago. It kinda sucks now costing more than it's worth. This seems to be the next best thing.
squid power is still a pretty good power source, the fertilizer farm i made with 9 pulverizers and 9 cylic assemblers runs fine with three squid power setups. there was even an excess amount of power that i could route to a resonant energy cell and that thing was getting power at a pretty good rate

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I thought of doing something like this when i saw the pulverizer recipe. I just wasn't far enough along in my world to do it yet. BOP adds in its own blue, green, brown and white dyes which don't have other uses. I see these (or their own) being used by TE in an update since infinite loops tend to be removed.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Stolen from another thread...

hmm, Rotarycraft extractor plus Mekanism combiner creates a net positive for lapis and redstone. The extractor requires a bit of infrastructure but I am fairly sure that you can create a no input power system for it.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Infinite bonemeal for crazy auto-growth setups anyone. What else can come of this. Any thoughts