In your next Direwolf20 build, will you bother with IC2?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Of course, Mindcrack people decide to comment from that perspective despite specifically being told what the conversation was in the title... :(

That part of the discussion is cogent, because it supports your point - namely, that IC2 alone can be left out of your modset without missing essential functionality (particularly with MP). GT is what revitalizes IC2 for many people. They, like you, might not use it otherwise. Of course, "people" aren't necessarily as restricted as you make it sound (those .. people). I have a DW20 world, MC world, Magic, MultiMC mod test, etc. They all play differently and have their own benefits, drawbacks, and self-imposed goals.

Ultimately the question is odd. Like most reasonable folks - if you don't enjoy how a mod fits within the vibe of your specific map, you simply don't use it.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I can see that. But we haven't even talked about Xeno's Reliquary yet. :)

That is true, although, personally, I don't like the look of that mod for the same reason I didn't like EE2: It feels like it is a bunch of flashy toys strapped onto a rocket and given some magical ability to convert things around. In single player, it may work fine. But on a server, I couldn't see going that direction.

Although we DO need more ranged weapons. And I DO like the lillypad of grow stuff faster as I use lillypads for the center of my farms normally. So, maybe I'll just see if I can disable some of the stuff I do not like.

~~~

Guswut deserts were quarried 3-6 63x63 at a time at 50 mj each. The ruby income was insignificant.

If you ever want diamonds, emeralds, uranium, etc. the same could apply. If you are going for more common materials then quarrying will be more reasonable in general.
Honestly, I don't know how that could be unless you'd call a stack insignificant per quarry of rubies. In which case, yes, it will take a while to get more. But though, if you do what I do and start making automated quarries, and running a dozen of them, you'll get a lot more rubies than you will ever know what to do with. The only thing you have to do is turn them on every time they need to move, which is once a day usually.

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
I use lillypads for the center of my farms normally.

6a0133f407d7b1970b014e89cba82e970d-pi

Why didn't I think of that before?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
That is true, although, personally, I don't like the look of that mod for the same reason I didn't like EE2: It feels like it is a bunch of flashy toys strapped onto a rocket and given some magical ability to convert things around.

I dunno how I feel about its alchemy yet. But its handgun system seems really cool and I love the Devil May Cry feel of that part of the mod.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
That is true, although, personally, I don't like the look of that mod for the same reason I didn't like EE2: It feels like it is a bunch of flashy toys strapped onto a rocket and given some magical ability to convert things around.
From Xeno's MCF presence:
- magical swag
- spiffy items

Any questions? ;)

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
6a0133f407d7b1970b014e89cba82e970d-pi

Why didn't I think of that before?

Incidentally, chopsticks and cheetos are not all that easy to eat unless you empty them into a bag. But yes, keeping the stuff off your fingers, it works well. Someone told me that and I had to try it, hahah.

I can't remember who gave me the idea, but it is awesome. But with RedPower2, you can cover them up in a less-easily-broken way.

~~~

I dunno how I feel about its alchemy yet. But its handgun system seems really cool and I love the Devil May Cry feel of that part of the mod.

Indeed, the handgun system, especially with recovering spent casings (although I wish they made you make a machine to make your casings first) is awesome.

They need different types of handguns, as well though, and then I'd say that is all set up.

~~~

From Xeno's MCF presence:
- magical swag
- spiffy items

Any questions? ;)

An example of something I don't like would be the basic transmutation, although I didn't see anything that made it EE2/3 easy to get diamonds.

Besides that, it likely isn't that bad. I should watch a Let's Play of someone running through the features in game as opposed to a mod spotlight.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
From playing on SMP I can say TE has become a major staple in my friend's workshop. All of it lined against a wall. Only thing he uses IC2 for is a compressor and that is a generator and batbox. I am going slow with Factorization but have used some TE stuff as it is quite handy. Of course I have a nano sabre I made pretty quick but need to charge it up.

I want to try Minecrack just so I can experiment with GT. Sure it makes the things harder to get to but it is all about end game with GT. Heck even MPS has a brutal mode for GT so you won't be getting that awesome armor.

MPS is Metroid and Mega Man plain and simple. An awesome suit that can do a nice amount of things. Need to blow up an area, have your power tool set right and you can. Need to glide, we have a mod for that. It feels so very cool. Also if Xeno's stuff is like DMC then hell yes. More flare and gritty feeling is fine with me. I even say he should aim for caster shells like in Outlaw Star.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
The only people that go in there are indentured animate workers I've imbued with damned souls extracted from helldirt. Lilypads are good enough for them, I say!

Hah! That reminds me of how our Thaumcrafter reacted when he finally saw how I was using all of the golems he had made for me. If he could find a way to lead a slave rebellion, I'm fairly sure he would.

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
I even say he should aim for caster shells like in Outlaw Star.
Not to derail the thread, but that's a totally underated show. One of the few good fisheye toons out there.
The Outlaw Star hack of Dungeons: The Dragoning 40k 7th Edition was one of the funnest things I've ever helped develop/throw ideas at. Probably could use some updating to the new version, though.

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
The gun already feels more like outlaw star to me than DMC, ebony and ivory fire bullets... The hunter's gun fires TNT... which I underestimated and took my face off with the first time. >.< Shame we don't have a black hole bullet that takes a few hearts to cast.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Two words Nuclear Reactor.

I'm mean Geezz why wouldn't you want IC2. I'm pretty new to Minecraft and modding. I bet most that are dissing it have played for quite some time and are bored with it.
I am not and am Just getting started.
Here's a thought! If you don't want a Mod Uninstall it! But don't get it removed Just because you have had your fun with it. Lots Of new people starting to play Minecraft and progressing to Modded Minecraft and IC2 is a great mod. My Opinion for what it's worth.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, I just wanted to post a little video of something related to MPS. I finally got my full thrust system (and most of my forcefield and power system, still waiting on a bit more iron) and I don't think people realize how fast this thing can get when you combine both drive systems.

So I made a video you can watch. It is not slow. And that's, of course, without haste.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, I just wanted to post a little video of something related to MPS. I finally got my full thrust system (and most of my forcefield and power system, still waiting on a bit more iron) and I don't think people realize how fast this thing can get when you combine both drive systems.

So I made a video you can watch. It is not slow. And that's, of course, without haste.

Wicked! Do it again with F3 pushed will ya. Wanna see the frame rate.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

That's completely rediculous. I want one.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Wicked! Do it again with F3 pushed will ya. Wanna see the frame rate.

Sure. Here is a video of a slightly more ambitious test flight.

By the way, this setup is by no means cheap, involving 6 ion drives and four servo motors to achieve this effect (providing no defense or power storage, just dash and propulsion). And if you don't have some way to land safely you're going to kill yourself the very first time you try it (I did, twice), so at least 2 servomotors and some wool will be next (or cheap out and get the parachute, but that can still get you killed if you mistime things). And this setup requires a fairly hefty battery backup of the HV Capacitor variety so expect to be dumping lapotronic crystals into your armor like a crazy person. So people crying "OP" might want to keep in mind that this armor is definitely more expensive than quantum in the DW20 pack.

I've also added the glider. The glider reduces your top speed when you kick it on, but consumes no power. But the glider does interact with haste and speed increasing passive items. Boots of the traveller with haste on them make for some awesome unpowered flight. I recommend it because it ups your max range tremendously, which is great when you want to scout for villages and stuff where a faster speed would only mean your server is lagging anyways.

I, um, sorta also enchanted the maxed out mining tool with efficiency IV. It's not the vajra, but you can do things like quantum dash at the wall while holding left click and if the camera angle is right you cut a passage at that speed, which is a funny trick.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
That's completely rediculous. I want one.

I would like three, because I will end up dying with the first two before I can get the hang of that. Four, actually, so I can have one for the weekends, too.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I would like three, because I will end up dying with the first two before I can get the hang of that. Four, actually, so I can have one for the weekends, too.

Well a more prudent man would have tested in a test world or bought the 100% fall negation upgrade first. I do not appear to be that man.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

An extra fancy one for when you go out clubbin'? ;)

"Hi sweety, is that a forcefield in your pants or are you just happy to see me?" :p