In which ED has Less Metal Than Before When ED had More Metal than ED has Now

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
well, uu is limited in some way too. like uranium.

yeah but it can do a LOT more things, even in vanilla IC2.

The only thing that really bugs me about the laser is that it can automine certus quartz. I don't like making that resource easily accessible. I wish PowerCrystals let me disable that, but I can't.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing that really bugs me about the laser is that it can automine certus quartz. I don't like making that resource easily accessible. I wish PowerCrystals let me disable that, but I can't.
i`m pretty sure he`ll make a blacklist if you bug him hard enough ask him nicely :)

Reactions: Saice

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
This depends. If you have base IC2 installed, then UU-matter is almost better than ars fabricators, it can be so good. If you have GT installed, then the mining laser wins. However, the mining laser doesn't really intersect directly, since the things it can produce are pretty limited compared to uu-matter.

That is my thing that makes me ok with the laser about the only thing I would change is some sort of config to control its power to ore ratio and it was be prefect. Right now it can not pull everything up and that seems to be configurable which means a server admin or solo player could limit the laser to common ores if they wanted to. But yes right now I do feel power to ore rate is a little to good and would like to see that changed a little. To say my rig is low power is a bit of an understatement I probably have the weakest power system on the server. I run my nuke it spurts storing up the power in MFSUs and living off of that for days and my laser runs of overflow power so only when the main buffer is full does it get any power at all. And still in about a week it was almost filling three iron chests so i had to upgrade them to diamond just to avoid overflow. Someone with a more robust power system running one or more lasers will blow away a quarry. The only draw back being he would still need to quarry or mine limited areas for the missing mats not on the MFR laser list.[DOUBLEPOST=1374002610][/DOUBLEPOST]
yeah but it can do a LOT more things, even in vanilla IC2.

Oh really I thought that was disabled in the laser and then reabled. I was not aware that was not a setting.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
The only thing that impresses me from the laser is the gem type ore generation, depending on how long you ran it of course. The ~50 turtles I had running mined nearly double or triple what Doc showed in terms of metal and coal in about 4-5 days of 24/7 uptime.

But hell I'll run them both together :D

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Emeralds have been mentioned... but no one realised diamonds aren't metal either?

Due to extensive research done by the University of Pittsburgh, diamond has been confirmed as the hardest metal known to man. The research is as follows. Pocket-protected scientists built a wall of iron and crashed a diamond car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of diamond and crashed a car made of iron moving at 400 miles an hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a diamond car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a diamond traveling at iron car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall of metal into a 400 mile per hour made of diamond, and the resulting explosion shifted the earth’s orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards mid-western Prussia at 400 billion miles per hour. They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused two wayward airplanes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with two buildings in downtown New York. They spun 400 miles at diamond into iron per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 diamonds per hour in front of a car made of wall traveling at miles per iron, and the result proved without a doubt that diamonds were the hardest metal of all time, if not just the hardest metal known the man.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Where's the Manyullyn? :p.

That's in another chest:
2013-07-17_12.05.23.png