Important - For Users of Direwolf20_1_5 Modpack - Urgent feedback needed.

Which Method Should we take to fix the pack

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzukasa

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with those that feel it is best to just restart and get it over with. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't you just putting yourself in a rush situation on the fix for the worlds? After all, you have to develop a tool to fix the current worlds, then that tool has to be thoroughly tested before you release it. You can potentially just mess up the current maps and we will be back around to square one anyway. So how long does that kind of development actually take? Days? Weeks? Meanwhile many of us are unable to play because of the config bug and we have to sit here and wait for all this.

You have a big majority of your player base that voted to accept the restarts. That was part of the deal. I think that your customer service is a LOT better if you allow the players that are currently locked out by the bug to get back in rather than worrying about a very small percentage that wanted to save their worlds.

I would like to reiterate that I am not being overly critical here. I am just pointing out that no matter what there are going to be unhappy people. At this point I feel the restart is better than making people wait for what could potentially be days for development to happen that also should not be rushed.

This.. Exactly.. Nobody could have said it better. When you have 600 to 60 (a 90% margin) in favor of just get it fixed and don't worry about saving worlds PLZ do just that. Don't make people wait for a incorporation of a tool to keep from losing worlds when 90.. 90%! of people have said don't worry about doing that.

On a side note what exactly is the bug that has been effecting this mod pack do? Cause I don't have any trouble loading the pack and playing, I tested it earlyer.. But I stopped after a few mins and went back to the other pack cause I didn't want to get into a map to find later that it gets messed up.

CrookedGremlyn

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke,

Despite the obvious upset the error causes to all users of the mod pack, please thank your team for all their efforts in preparing every one of these mod packs. I am sure everyone appreciates the time you and the rest of the crew have to put into each and every release.

Thank you !!!

GLaDTheresCake

Jul 29, 2019
It would seem that from this group of about 700 users the obvious majority (91.8 % when I post this) would prefer the thorough fix, me included. I hope the fix will be applied soonish so I can create a new world for my server. Thanks for the great support and the consulting of the users btw Slowpoke! Keep up the great work!

Synecdoche

Jul 29, 2019
Full fix, please. But, to echo the other posters, getting a fix out as soon as possible would be super-duper. In any event, much thanks for putting together and configuring great mod-packs.

Droideka30

Jul 29, 2019
This.. Exactly.. Nobody could have said it better. When you have 600 to 60 (a 90% margin) in favor of just get it fixed and don't worry about saving worlds PLZ do just that. Don't make people wait for a incorporation of a tool to keep from losing worlds when 90.. 90%! of people have said don't worry about doing that.

On a side note what exactly is the bug that has been effecting this mod pack do? Cause I don't have any trouble loading the pack and playing, I tested it earlyer.. But I stopped after a few mins and went back to the other pack cause I didn't want to get into a map to find later that it gets messed up.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to Jaded's and Slowpoke's recent updates, the world-saver tool is NOT the only thing holding up the release.

As for the bug: If you enable BoP, you get a crash on startup.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019

Just because you have a poll doesn't mean it represents everyone who plays with ftb, just the ones on the forums. Also like somebody else may say later, they're not obligated to release anything when you want it. You want a fix from the ftb team, wait, otherwise you can go into the configs, fix it yourself and restart/resume your world/server.

nobleone

Jul 29, 2019

arovin

Jul 29, 2019
The crash w/BOP is fixed now with stealth update of 0.5.9.2

See here--->http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/1jppl9/biomes_o_plenty_unnamed_everything/

- Hope they update Binnie Extra Bees/Trees to ver 1.7.1 too.

You can see what changes are being made here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoWBpEX_gP1AdGgyaGZDcy1ZQW5jeE9ncDNmUElabGc#gid=0

BoP is being updated in the next release, but it does not look like the Binnie update made it in time.

Droideka30

Jul 29, 2019

md678685

Jul 29, 2019
It makes me wonder why someone hasn't made a tool designed for migrating from one set of config files to another. Like, it reads the old and new configs and edits the world accordingly. Maybe someone has, and that would be useful.

Bobbels

Jul 29, 2019
i hope the new pack comes soon... this situation is totally killing our server... user averages dropped from 85 to 20 because they're all waiting for the reset...
i don't care about saving the map... most people have blown up their homes.
downloading the whole map to a local computer for fixing isn't an option anyway. just too big. especially too big to upload again.

Kehaan

Jul 29, 2019
i hope the new pack comes soon... this situation is totally killing our server... user averages dropped from 85 to 20 because they're all waiting for the reset...
downloading the whole map to a local computer isn't an option anyway. just too big. especially too big to upload again.

v 1.1.3 is in the client now :)

EDIT: Seems like they have removed it again. And it only was there a split second. So must have been a mistake..

Sorry

From Kehaan

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
I always vote for proper fixes and never for sub-optimal fixes. Let the world reset come.

Joey19982

Jul 29, 2019
downloading the whole map to a local computer for fixing isn't an option anyway. just too big. especially too big to upload again.

Yeah, as a server owner this is pretty frustrating. We went from having peaks of 100+ on per day to being lucky of getting 40 in just these past few days. Many players nuked their homes and are twiddling their thumbs until they know they can play again without their work being destroyed. Hearing that we can to keep the map may even make it worse, because as I said, once they heard that the map had to be reset they nuked their stuff. Everyone has already prepped themselves for a reset, so I really wouldn't bother with the tool. As long as we can prevent resets in the future, I'm all good with starting over. It's only been two weeks anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that they caught this sooner than later and I understand how long it can take. I just wish it was done in a better manner, or even more so caught before the pack went out of beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.