I'm sorry to sound impatient, but...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
The 1.5.1/2 pack is taking an awfully long time to come out. I know that it's completely possible to make my own pack, but than servers are harder to make. Honestly though, is there a specific reason it's taking so long? I certain mod?

Reactions: Fuzzlewhumper

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
Why are you in such a rush to abandon your last world? All that work, all the time spent building it up... and you are just going to throw it away?

Affex

Jul 29, 2019
What? So 1.4.7 worlds wont be compitable with the 1.5 pack?

(Just noticed I turned into a "Active Member", Awesome :) )

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
Making the server for your own modpack isn't hard. Copy CoreMods / Config / Mods over, delete all client side mods (InvTweaks mainly, and Minimap of your choice), download the forge zip, place it in the directory of the server (make sure minecraft_server.jar is there too) and run the MinecraftForge zip (Yeah, you can do that, saves having to copy it into the jar ;)) as you would the server jar

java -XmxYourMaxRamG -XmsYourMinRamM/G -jar MinecraftForgeZip.zip nogui

Reactions: Maks

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
Why are you in such a rush to abandon your last world? All that work, all the time spent building it up... and you are just going to throw it away?
I definitely won't be changing my world after the update, I have to much already done, is it something most people do once an update comes out?

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry, but don't expect FTB to have new things. FTB has a closer relationship with modders (but somehow we don't get test versions, and not even 1.5.1 versions). Technic/MultiMC are what you're gonna want to use if you want all the cool new stuff. I respect FTB and its goal of using permissions and such, but if you want the new mods, Technic/MultiMC are simply superior.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
I'm sorry, but don't expect FTB to have new things. FTB has a closer relationship with modders (but somehow we don't get test versions, and not even 1.5.1 versions). Technic/MultiMC are what you're gonna want to use if you want all the cool new stuff. I respect FTB and its goal of using permissions and such, but if you want the new mods, Technic/MultiMC are simply superior.
As far as I've heard, there's a whole bunch of new mods being added to FTB for 1.5 and 1.6, so you're kind of wrong there. They're even building a new modpack to be released on the launcher fairly soon.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I've heard, there's a whole bunch of new mods being added to FTB for 1.5 and 1.6, so you're kind of wrong there. They're even building a new modpack to be released on the launcher fairly soon.
Mods which can't be downloaded by means of Technic or MultMC? Mods that we could have the day they release? Until then, no. If this is the case and FTB might have an incentive, I'm happy to hear that. If it continues to be outdated versions and permissions, it just isn't better.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I am all about the waiting because their have been alot of changes to alot of mods so I can wait till the vast majority of bugs get squashed so that it will end up being a better mod pack.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I am all about the waiting because their have been alot of changes to alot of mods so I can wait till the vast majority of bugs get squashed so that it will end up being a better mod pack.
Definitely gonna agree with you there, but why not have the buggy versions, and when they're fixed set them to the recommended version? Small custom modpack creators can take care of bugs just fine, why can't a big official thing like FTB do it? :/

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
As much as it pains me to be stuck on 1.4.7, I'll live.

Plus, I've still got a lot of work to do, and I'm not actually waiting on anything that's coming in the update.

Not to mention that if I update without waiting on RP2, my map will have big, stupid holes in it. I DON'T LIKE BIG STUPID HOLES.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely gonna agree with you there, but why not have the buggy versions, and when they're fixed set them to the recommended version? Small custom modpack creators can take care of bugs just fine, why can't a big official thing like FTB do it? :/
simply because some of the items that are tested might or might not be in the finished product.

Reactions: Chocorate