If you could create a mod what would it be?

Metroflame669

Jul 29, 2019
If i could create a mod it would include the Skylands. It would be similar to the Nether (only a few types of blocks). The portal would be made with a three by three square of Endstone and the middle would be the Ender Dragon Egg. You could also fight Herobrine in the skylands.

bluechance12

Jul 29, 2019
After playing with random mobs and natural textures, I began thinking... What about random textures? For instance, perhaps not all coal ore looks the same. Some could be covered a bit more with stone, while others look like they're filled with coal. Maybe the ores on the outside of the bunch could be more covered, but once you dig into the middle of it its more coal-ey filled. This could be extended to other ores as well, and perhaps with other blocks, such as trees. From what I can tell, I can't find any mods that do this currently. What do you guys think?

bad wolf

Jul 29, 2019
hm it seems my old post here got lost in the databse-error some time ago..so here again:

I would love to see a sonic screwdriver mod (yes there is a sonic in RP2 but it lacks all the other cool things, the Doctor is used to do [#Doctor Who])
I should be able to interact with all mashines (like a RP2 Sonic combined with a BC and IC wrench) and should be able to open doors from far away aswell tur on and off redstone singlas (aswell es wireless redstone ;) ) or lighting things on fire... there are endless possibilitys :D

(I guess it would be pretty unbalanced)

userid82

Jul 29, 2019
a trap block that looks like the block next to it but will make you slide off. nothing harmful in itself but would let you create funnel traps or even slides.

Lacunanight

Jul 29, 2019
Out of all the ideas I have had for mods most of which have been made at some time or another or even part of larger mods. For instance Greg’s lighting covered the one thing that annoyed me about large builds. Another would be decorative lamps like those found in Steamcraft.

So I guess for me the mod(s) I would create would be:

Lamps Extended. Decorative lamps to place on sides of buildings and/or added to poles for along paths. Multiple types ranging from redstone powered (simple) to solar charged battery that turn on at night automatically (advanced).
Category: RedPower addon

PERL OS: An OS that uses PERL scripts to perform operations. For me this is a lot easier than to try to understand the ones currently out. (learning issues)
Category: Computercraft or RedPower Addon
Sample idea: (indents seem to not be liked)
Code:
#PERL OS Sample
#
#time 0= Until command to change
#time S= Seconds
#time m= minutes
#

sub EVENT_IMPUT {
#if (location,bundle cable color,line color) {
#redstone::on(location,bundle cable color,line color,time); 
#redstone::off(location,bundle cable color,line color,time);
#redstone::pulse(location,bundle cable color,line color,time between pulses,how long);
#          }
#}

if (bottom,blue,green) {
redstone::on(bottom,blue,red,0);
redstone::off(bottom,blue,orange,0);
redstone::pulse(bottom,blue,yellow,4s,20s);
}

elsif (bottom,blue,violet) {
redstone::on(bottom,blue,cyan,0);
}
}

sub EVENT_COMMAND {
if ($text=~/clock/i) #user set command
redstone::pulse(top,green,red,10s,0);
redstone::on(top,green,blue,0) ;
}
}

#END of FILE
Could also have commands like loop, restart, load and user set commands. Not a complete list but think it passes off the idea.

Petroleum Extended: An alternative use for Buildcraft oil. Similar to the mod, Plastacraft, but for simple items like buckets, capsules and an alternative for rubber if IC is installed.
Category: Buildcraft addon

Fizzgigg

Jul 29, 2019
I would create a mod that would allow for costume weapon customization using a 3d system of adding tiny blocks. Adding different tiny blocks would change swing speed, damage, and specializations.

Joe

Jul 29, 2019
I would create Simcity in Minecraft by expanding the functionality of existing mods.
It would use railcraft for transportation.
Redpower would help with traffic lights and stuff.
It would use industrial craft and buildcraft for jobs. (i.e. coal energy plant, nuclear power plant, concrete plant, oil refinery, oil drilling platforms)

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Mine would be a Direwolf mod, that makes your very own lets plays oh ""hello & welcome to s361 ep 87...."" the ultimate mod, RichardG get to work on that one now damn-it, in truth this would maybe be beyond even the legendary ChickenBones, oh well I burst my own bubble, one can dream though.......

just in case, any one misses the point, it was a joke. "I can not lie" & maybe a homage to DW :p

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Ooooh. Tough question.
Personally, I'd have to go for something like... actually, I'd just like a mod that could add the alternate forms of wood and stone bricks to the RP2 microblocks list. If I had that, I would be happy forever.

mysticfire2764

Jul 29, 2019
I love Ichun's Portal Gun Mod where you can see thru the portal. I think setting up cameras and having something like a security room to watch what ever you have the cameras pointed at would be fun on a Server. Maybe the cameras work as chunk loaders also. If I could trade my skills in as a chef for some coding skills I'd be all over it. Then again there is so many mods I learn about every day, maybe something already exisits.

There was an older mod i used once. I believe it was called CCTV not 100% sure on the name. It added camera blocks and monitors that did exactly what you are talking about.
As for a mod i"d like to make. It would be similar to the skyrail travel system in the new bio shock. you could create a crafting gondola to make the rails and use it as a platform to work off of. Another small hand held unit which could be charged with IC power or other source of energy would zip you along the rail and be 2x faster than a player sprinting. It would be fun to have another form of transportation.

toxy

Jul 29, 2019
If I were to create a mod. If it would be possible at all, it would be a rework of the game's fighting mechanics.
Make surviving require more skill than simply mashing LMB in the general direction of an enemy hoping to hit the mob before it hits you.

Personally I have always been playing vanilla MC on Hard mode and never dying to mobs. Only time I have died in almost two years of playing has been mainly from fall damage with the occasional floating blocks of gravel/sand which drop into lava.
With the addition of enchants to minecraft, Getting enough of those Protection # enchants basically makes the game ez mode. Even lava doesn't scare me with those enchants, as the damage is easily healed by having a full hunger bar. Now add in some mods like ic2 and others that add in items that are stronger than diamond gear, I fear nothing at all. The only challenge left in minecraft is other players, and lets be honest.. pvp in minecraft doesn't require any skill at all, just better/equal gear, and a better connection than your opponent, or a really bad one to where you appear to warp around on your opponents stream.

With that said, I believe adding in a way to make mobs avoid your attacks, plan out attacks if there are other mobs nearby (mob tactics), and giving them special abilities that change depending on game difficulty would assist in creating a more challenging game instead of the mobs just being a minor nuisance.

Reactions: slay_mithos

kells117

Jul 29, 2019
If I were to create a mod. If it would be possible at all, it would be a rework of the game's fighting mechanics.
Make surviving require more skill than simply mashing LMB in the general direction of an enemy hoping to hit the mob before it hits you.

Personally I have always been playing vanilla MC on Hard mode and never dying to mobs. Only time I have died in almost two years of playing has been mainly from fall damage with the occasional floating blocks of gravel/sand which drop into lava.
With the addition of enchants to minecraft, Getting enough of those Protection # enchants basically makes the game ez mode. Even lava doesn't scare me with those enchants, as the damage is easily healed by having a full hunger bar. Now add in some mods like ic2 and others that add in items that are stronger than diamond gear, I fear nothing at all. The only challenge left in minecraft is other players, and lets be honest.. pvp in minecraft doesn't require any skill at all, just better/equal gear, and a better connection than your opponent, or a really bad one to where you appear to warp around on your opponents stream.

With that said, I believe adding in a way to make mobs avoid your attacks, plan out attacks if there are other mobs nearby (mob tactics), and giving them special abilities that change depending on game difficulty would assist in creating a more challenging game instead of the mobs just being a minor nuisance.

Would LOVE a mod that could do this
In minecraft it would be so much more fun to have a better fighting system instead of just clicking as fast as you can and backing in and out. If they would at least add in parrying, WAY stronger mobs (on a different difficulty of course) and some other stuff to make it more interesting it would be a lot more fun especially for PvP if someone could come up with ideas for that.

Reactions: toxy

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
the problem being SMP.
Even with such a basic system, with server latence and lag, you sometimes get killed without being able to hit even once, this is the main reason why the mods attempting to change combat parts never really made their place in the community.

But it's sure that I would love a system like the Mount&Blade, or even more pushy like an action RPG, but the engine simply can't allow it to work well, too bad.

Reactions: toxy

DiedAgain

Jul 29, 2019
hm it seems my old post here got lost in the databse-error some time ago..so here again:

I would love to see a sonic screwdriver mod (yes there is a sonic in RP2 but it lacks all the other cool things, the Doctor is used to do [#Doctor Who])
I should be able to interact with all mashines (like a RP2 Sonic combined with a BC and IC wrench) and should be able to open doors from far away aswell tur on and off redstone singlas (aswell es wireless redstone ;) ) or lighting things on fire... there are endless possibilitys :D

(I guess it would be pretty unbalanced)

You touched on what I would want. A Multi-tool to replace all the wrenches and screwdrivers and tinkering tools.

Fuubar

Jul 29, 2019
I would try to create an addon for mystcraft that provided cross-server functionality. Books would still be crafted the same way, but the book metadata would store the server as well as the dimension.

Since the FTB pack will go a long way towards standardizing server mods and configs, it would be awesome to be able to set up a large server network. You could make a sort of MMO like environment with a large userbase. If you used dedicated servers, you could even add code to balance server loads by making descriptive books generate new ages on the less loaded servers. There are plenty of details that would need to be sorted such as managing player inventory across multiple servers and creating a sort of server-to-server whitelist, but i think it would be awesome.

Drullkus

Jul 29, 2019
I've always wanted guards. Mobs are overwhelming me during mining. I keep getting attacked blind.

I'd add Sentry Turrets + Sappers. 'nuff said.

DraigoDragon

Jul 29, 2019
A soul type necromancer mod that require's souls as fuel for all It's magical need's and a device hooked to a monster cage as a fuel device followed by a portable soul sucking sword and container, followed by the land of the dead and a skeleton army