If you could create a mod what would it be?

Forkk13

Jul 29, 2019
I would create a tool that would allow you to run multiple installs of Minecraft and easily manage your mods. Oh wait... ;)

W17N3SS

Jul 29, 2019
Forkk13 said:
I would create a tool that would allow you to run multiple installs of Minecraft and easily manage your mods. Oh wait... ;)

I just started using MultiMC yesterday. It was alot easier then I thought it would be to use and cleaned up my huge minecraft mess on my computer. Thanks

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
Forkk13 said:

I think someone is already working on that, Knifee14 or Spoonn12 I forgot, oh well, it's not important.

On topic;

a mod that adds a directional spotlight! like, 5 light wide, but 20-40 light far before it starts to fade away =D

Khalory

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
Forkk13 said:

I think someone is already working on that, Knifee14 or Spoonn12 I forgot, oh well, it's not important.

On topic;

a mod that adds a directional spotlight! like, 5 light wide, but 20-40 light far before it starts to fade away =D

It doesn't quite work like that but the Laser Mod can do some stuff that's sort of like that.

welshtony

Jul 29, 2019
I got to admit I laughed at that a little Forkk

1 mod I would like to use is the one that always puts the source block of water to the lowest level then I would like to add a drain/grate that you can place down so water can pass through but you can walk on.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
Forkk13 said:

On topic;

isnt that like greg's lightning?

motorhue

Jul 29, 2019
Simple idea:
Add a block that can be placed anywhere without needing any other blocks next to them.

Could be generated from energy (alternate UU-matter) to "explain lore-wise" how it would be possible. Should be expensive to make and not easily replacable. This block could be placed mid-air, in the middle of the ocean or whatnot. Or be placed underneath yourself last second to save yourself from falling into void or lava.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
motorhue said:
Simple idea:
Add a block that can be placed anywhere without needing any other blocks next to them.

Could be generated from energy (alternate UU-matter) to "explain lore-wise" how it would be possible. Should be expensive to make and not easily replacable. This block could be placed mid-air, in the middle of the ocean or whatnot. Or be placed underneath yourself last second to save yourself from falling into void or lava.

And how would you be able to place it?

welshtony

Jul 29, 2019
motorhue said:
Simple idea:

Or just use bukkit and do /up 1 comand (or how ever many up and you will get a piece of glass where ever you are

motorhue

Jul 29, 2019
frederikam said:
And how would you be able to place it?

One possibility would be simply as an industrialcraft addon. Say you craft something like a "portable block fabricator". You hold it in your hand, and when pressing "g" it completely empties your lappack and creates one block near you in the direction your facing. Only works if nearest block is fluid (air/water/lava/oil..). So if falling, you quickly equip your block fab, look down press g and hope you have enough EU in your pack. Another possibility would be Thaumcraft related somehow.

welshtony said:
Or just use bukkit and do /up 1 comand (or how ever many up and you will get a piece of glass where ever you are

The point would be to use the mod in-game without commands. Also, the type of block you spawn would be special. Destroyed on breaking, maybe even disappearing after a short amount of time. Really just an expensive mean to get yourself a foothold, or build something in the middle of nowhere.

Forkk13

Jul 29, 2019
welshtony said:
I got to admit I laughed at that a little Forkk

1 mod I would like to use is the one that always puts the source block of water to the lowest level then I would like to add a drain/grate that you can place down so water can pass through but you can walk on.
You mean like the Finite Liquid mod?

darkdragonsoul99

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure my idea has already been done I've just never found it. I'd add a bunch of food anyone else ever wonder how Steve can stand living off of pork chops alone.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
darkdragonsoul99 said:
I'm sure my idea has already been done I've just never found it. I'd add a bunch of food anyone else ever wonder how Steve can stand living off of pork chops alone.
done alot since alpha :p

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
This reminds me of my own mod. It only added 2 class files, 1 block (without texture or recipe) and was never tested. If i ever tested it i think it would crash Minecraft.

Oh yeah, i deleted it.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
frederikam said:
This reminds me of my own mod. It only added 2 class files, 1 block (without texture or recipe) and was never tested. If i ever tested it i think it would crash Minecraft.

Oh yeah, i deleted it.
so an mod to kill your world?

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
frederikam said:

Oh yeah, i deleted it.
so an mod to kill your world?

To kill your minecraft to be exact, which wasn't the purpose of it. I didn't even compile the Java files, so it could be run.

DeadoolTS

Jul 29, 2019
two words.....voice commands.....im lazy.

or a auto correcting crafting bench for when you mix up the order of ingredients like every time i put coal dust and glass in respective oppiste places in a solar panal. kinda like spell check but recipe check.....again im lazy

adib

Jul 29, 2019
DeadoolTS said:

or a auto correcting crafting bench for when you mix up the order of ingredients like every time i put coal dust and glass in respective oppiste places in a solar panal. kinda like spell check but recipe check.....again im lazy
so just an auto crafting table mod? there actual is one.

DeadoolTS

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
DeadoolTS said:

so just an auto crafting table mod? there actual is one.

nah im not the lazy i just whant it to fix when i put stuff in the table wrong like whe i put redstone in the middle of a piston and iron at the bottom it will switch it for me