If you could create a mod what would it be?

kells117

Jul 29, 2019
Post what mod you would create if you could

I would create a mod that added people who lived in places ranging from small villages to huge city's and they would be able to research stuff and eventually get some really cool stuff going and they would expand there population and towns and go at war and stuff like that
If someone could make that it would be awesome

adib

Jul 29, 2019
kells117 said:

I would create a mod that added people who lived in places ranging from small villages to huge city's and they would be able to research stuff and eventually get some really cool stuff going and they would expand there population and towns and go at war and stuff like that
the one which would fix all bugs.

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
kells117 said:

the one which would fix all bugs.

Yeah I like adib idea

Nekk

Jul 29, 2019
I have quite a few mod ideas, some pretty basic and some rather complicated. I'll share one of my first mod ideas here. And, tbh I'm surprised that noone has made it yet.
It's pretty simple:

It being MINEcraft, why not have a miner's helmet? You know those kind that are basically a hardhat with a little halogen lamp on them. So it lights up in front of the player's head like a torch but extending just 180 degrees forward. Now I know some people, including myself, like to use torches as breadcrumbs to navigate their way through a cave system, find their way back to where they came from, keep monsters from spawning, etc. But sometimes it can be tedious when you run out of torches/wood/coal and there's still tons more ores to get. And for those who play with portal gun there's really no need to leave a trail of torches to find your way out of a cave. Frequently I find myself just digging a stairway up if I have to anyways.

I thought it would fit in great as an IC2 addon, so that it used eu to charge the lamp, and the luminator as part of the recipe. Equipped with a batpack/lappack it would use the eu from that as well. And even use the paint from IC2 to change the color of the helmet. So I got mcp (minecraft coder pack) and eclipse (java software) and realized it's not so simple to make for one who is new to making a mod and also new to java, to have the light levels constantly change syncronized with the players movement. Perhaps an experienced coder can take this and run with it.

large_MinersHelmet2.jpg

kells117

Jul 29, 2019
Nekk said:
I have quite a few mod ideas, some pretty basic and some rather complicated. I'll share one of my first mod ideas here. And, tbh I'm surprised that noone has made it yet.
It's pretty simple:

It being MINEcraft, why not have a miner's helmet? You know those kind that are basically a hardhat with a little halogen lamp on them. So it lights up in front of the player's head like a torch but extending just 180 degrees forward. Now I know some people, including myself, like to use torches as breadcrumbs to navigate their way through a cave system, find their way back to where they came from, keep monsters from spawning, etc. But sometimes it can be tedious when you run out of torches/wood/coal and there's still tons more ores to get. And for those who play with portal gun there's really no need to leave a trail of torches to find your way out of a cave. Frequently I find myself just digging a stairway up if I have to anyways.

I thought it would fit in great as an IC2 addon, so that it used eu to charge the lamp, and the luminator as part of the recipe. Equipped with a batpack/lappack it would use the eu from that as well. And even use the paint from IC2 to change the color of the helmet. So I got mcp (minecraft coder pack) and eclipse (java software) and realized it's not so simple to make for one who is new to making a mod and also new to java, to have the light levels constantly change syncronized with the players movement. Perhaps an experienced coder can take this and run with it.

large_MinersHelmet2.jpg

Cool idea I did see a mod that basically did this if you held the torch in your hand and lol strange picture

userid82

Jul 29, 2019
If I had any programing skill id make a redstone enabled chunkloader so I can turn on or off a area based off if i need it loaded without having to replace the loaders. Would be very helpful on servers to turn off your chunks when your not there to cut down on server loads.

The other would be a ladder block you can place at the bottom/top of a cliff and apply a signal to it to extend the distance then retract so you can recollect it.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
userid82 said:
If I had any programing skill id make a redstone enabled chunkloader so I can turn on or off a area based off if i need it loaded without having to replace the loaders. Would be very helpful on servers to turn off your chunks when your not there to cut down on server loads.

The other would be a ladder block you can place at the bottom/top of a cliff and apply a signal to it to extend the distance then retract so you can recollect it.
you know what would be cool, that the server admin could pull up an map with an item of the whole server and disable chunksloaders with it.

kells117

Jul 29, 2019
userid82 said:

I'm not to good with redpower2 but I think if you put a chunk loader in some kind of item placing machine then have a block breaker that could break the chunk loader when you are done and have a pipe leading from the block breaker to the item placer so that way it would be put in the item placer to be ready to get placed again and I think you could do this with wireless redstone so you could activate or deactivate the chunk loader from anywhere

adib

Jul 29, 2019
kells117 said:
userid82 said:

I'm not to good with redpower2 but I think if you put a chunk loader in some kind of item placing machine then have a block breaker that could break the chunk loader when you are done and have a pipe leading from the block breaker to the item placer so that way it would be put in the item placer to be ready to get placed again and I think you could do this with wireless redstone so you could activate or deactivate the chunk loader from anywhere
that could work, but i think the chunk has to be loaded to place the chunkloader so i dont think it'l be perfect.

Shadowsage28

Jul 29, 2019
I have been thinking about many mods that i would like to make but sadly i have a lack in programming skill :(

The first mod i would create would be called shards in this mod it would contain a variety of things there would be 8 types of shards allowing you to create different items and to give you different ability. the shard types would be dark/shadow light fire water earth fire depleted and finally elemental. the shards would be collected with a tool called the sharder which would be crafted by a few new items that would be added.

The second mod would be called biology craft and as from the name you can guess what will be in it the main features added from this would be to do with mitosis and meiosis (cell replication) this could add new mobs and new plants as well as a way to keep the cells cool (mostly likely a liquid chemical(liquid nitrogen) as well as this a new set of Armour and genetically unstable mobs and viruses bacterium and fungi.this would be a mod for real biology nerds like me :).this mod would have so many more thing it could do.

the third mod will be simple and just for dire wolf as he asked for it a tin foil hat new ore new machine new hat.
these are all the mods i would want to make:)
if any modder's would want to take a idea from here go ahead
or perhaps i could be taught ever way i think these mods could be epic

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Shadowsage28 said:
I have been thinking about many mods that i would like to make but sadly i have a lack in programming skill :(

The first mod i would create would be called shards in this mod it would contain a variety of things there would be 8 types of shards allowing you to create different items and to give you different ability. the shard types would be dark/shadow light fire water earth fire depleted and finally elemental. the shards would be collected with a tool called the sharder which would be crafted by a few new items that would be added.
seems like an old reddit post, you could find temples which were hard and you could find shards. then create more powerfull items with all those shards.

Shadowsage28

Jul 29, 2019
yer that a really good idea actual maybe each temple could be themed to each shard.

[/quote]
seems like an old reddit post, you could find temples which were hard and you could find shards. then create more powerfull items with all those shards.[/quote]

adib

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
Nekk said:
and realized it's not so simple to make for one who is new to making a mod and also new to java, to have the light levels constantly change syncronized with the players movement. Perhaps an experienced coder can take this and run with it.

Maybe you can get permission to cannibalize some of this ... http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/990 ... rformance/

adib said:
you know what would be cool, that the server admin could pull up an map with an item of the whole server and disable chunksloaders with it.

chickenchunks does that.

I suspect that the other loaders will be disabled and that being the only permitted one, on a number of servers.
that coder is amazing....

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
Farm in a box.

A farm that is in a glass like chest where you can see it at work but is protected from greifers and creepers.

And be be able to trap and place objects in glass bottles that still move

Look is it not cute I have a baby zombie in a glass jar. Or look ghast in a jar.

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
If I could make a mod, it probably would be a mod that would change how lighting affects players;

IE: under 10 light, you can't move.(<--relevant to topic / non-relevant to topic -->) that way, people would *insert a swear here* have to put *insert the same exact swear here* torches in order to *now insert a new swear here* play.

no seriously people; Why do you not place enough lighting anywhere? Lights make no mob appear, no mob appearing means you're safe and you won't lose your items in the void. I hate it to log off in a safe place that I made safe by inputting lights, and waking up with modifications that don't have enough lights made by other people. Until I know about these modification, I think I'm safe, or I assume people counted the light level of their contraptions or anything logical. Nope. monsters spawn...and I'm unhappy about it. really.

back to relevancy;
Another mod I would like to make probably a "seed-item" that would grow a maze over time! :D Like you plant it, and it grows and follows some maze-generation code. and I'm talking about a bushes-kind of maze, not a cavern-maze like in King's Quest 6 per example.
That way you could plant a seed, go work in your subterrean, and come back and have a maze...
oh yeah...Prepare to be aMAZEd....if only

natchu96

Jul 29, 2019
userid82 said:

Turning off the chunkloader with redstone might work, but you can't really turn it back on like that, since the redstone in the chunk isn't loaded . . .

adib

Jul 29, 2019
natchu96 said:
userid82 said:

Turning off the chunkloader with redstone might work, but you can't really turn it back on like that, since the redstone in the chunk isn't loaded . . .
well i think redstone can travel in loaded blocks but i dont think it can active an block like that.

W17N3SS

Jul 29, 2019
I love Ichun's Portal Gun Mod where you can see thru the portal. I think setting up cameras and having something like a security room to watch what ever you have the cameras pointed at would be fun on a Server. Maybe the cameras work as chunk loaders also. If I could trade my skills in as a chef for some coding skills I'd be all over it. Then again there is so many mods I learn about every day, maybe something already exisits.

Fuubar

Jul 29, 2019
I'll just apologize in advance for the plethora of spelling and grammatical errors that likely exist in this post. It is late and I am tired.

I'm considering getting off my butt (or onto it as the case may be) and figuring out how to code an addon for redpower frames. I would like to have more interface conditions than no-slip (frame on frame) and one-way no-slip (the face of a frame motor) connections. Notionally I would like to have at least two new interfaces, one that transmits axial motion (push-pull) but not shear (sliding along) and one that transmits shear but doesn't transmit axial motion (either jams or disconnects for pushing and pulling, respectively). The new interface conditions would not be hugely useful, but I have a fondness for complex systems governed by a few simple rules.

Admittedly, i'm not really sure if it will be within my ability for quite a while since i'm inexperienced with java. I haven't disassembled Eloraam's code so I don't know a good way to inherit and modify her classes for my notional cover plate thingys, or how i should influence the function she uses to iterate through frame connections. There is also the pesky little fact that even if i manage to make a working private version, I would want Eloraam's ok before releasing it.

If I manage to muddle my way through frame interfaces that then I would like to try my hand at a sort of reverse frame motor that moves itself (and any frame connected to it) instead of moving the frame on its face. This one would actually be a bit easier to code since i should be able to accomplish most of it by calling Eloraam's existing frame functions. That being said, balancing would be difficult (maybe I limit it to only moving itself along frames).

On the remotely operated chunkloader (i'm calling it a wireless chunkloader now):

You could probably have the wireless chunkloader function similar to the wireless redstone mod where the chunkloaders each have a set frequency and use a transmitter block to turn them on and off. You could then write the mod such that the server tracks the location of any placed wireless chunkloaders (for example track the frequency and associated chunks using a simple text file). When you activate a transmitter with a given frequency, the server checks the text file and loads the specific chunks that correspond to that frequency. I don't really know forge, but i think you could have the server read the chunk with the chunkloader from my notional text file and then pass it into the forge function to load a chunk. You would only need to use the wireless chunkloader specific code once. Once the chunk with the chunkloader is loaded, standard chunkloader code will keep it (and the surrounding chunks) loaded.

Heck, I think chicken chunks already has 90% of the coding you would need, since it loads the chunks automatically on server start. All that would need to be added is code to prevent loading a chunkloader unless a transmitter is active on the corresponding frequency.