If you could con a Dev for one thing....

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
You couldn't use cobble and stone pipes?
Yeah I was thinking the same, for me its make a bank & alternate stone/cobble pipes with api/iron pipes as needs to force item flow to a chest or barrel.

& I beleave the reply was aimed at PsionicArchon not Golrith's image

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
You couldn't use cobble and stone pipes?

This does little to help with side by side diamond pipes, iron pipes and, gold power conduits that shouldn't connect(Yes, I still use these. Why take a five percent energy loss for a two block distance, or for compact gate setups). Compact diamond pipe routs can also cause complications, especially if you've chosen to use every side of a particular pipe where you might already be fighting for space. Of course, let's not forget instances where sand stone pipes cannot be used (obsidian pipes next to anything). I hate when my obsidian pipes connect to a machine, turtle, or filter.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I would like a feature to make IC2 cables not connect to a MACHINE.
I know we have paint to stop them connecting to each other, but something like a sandstone pipe cable would be nice.

Also a method to wear the power hat OVER an existing hat, due to several mods having special hat abilities such as the sonar goggles from utils, the smart hat from Misc Periferals, those googles things from Open CC Periferals, (can Nodes be yet seen with the power hat goggles of revealing? Last I checked only the GUI was shown) etc.

It's a pain in the ass choosing between these, and, primarily from the helmet, flight control.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
so yet another nerf, "cuz omniwrech is op"?

I'll start the countdown to see how long it takes someone to create a topic about that and how long it will take for it to become a flamewar/offtopic tread.

I'll give it a week.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Also a method to wear the power hat OVER an existing hat, due to several mods having special hat abilities such as the sonar goggles from utils, the smart hat from Misc Periferals, those googles things from Open CC Periferals, (can Nodes be yet seen with the power hat goggles of revealing? Last I checked only the GUI was shown) etc.

It's a pain in the ass choosing between these, and, primarily from the helmet, flight control.

For me, this sort of choice is what makes a game interesting. If you have just one ultimate do-everything item, all of the other items get ignored entirely. At best, you'll craft them once while you're collecting materials for the ultimate thingy, either to wear temporarily or to use as a crafting component. Having gear with different, non-overlapping benefits means you have to choose which benefits you want at which time. For example, I'm quite fond of the boots of the traveler and goggles of revealing for mobility/utility, but in a situation where I need some heavier armor, they're not the optimal choice.

I play on a server where pretty much everyone else crafts modular powersuits with all of the upgrades they can get their hands on right off the bat. I never see anyone's face; they all look exactly the same, spend their time flying around being nearly invincible, then get bored because there's no challenge and stop playing. There's definitely such a thing as having too much power.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
For me, this sort of choice is what makes a game interesting. If you have just one ultimate do-everything item, all of the other items get ignored entirely. At best, you'll craft them once while you're collecting materials for the ultimate thingy, either to wear temporarily or to use as a crafting component. Having gear with different, non-overlapping benefits means you have to choose which benefits you want at which time. For example, I'm quite fond of the boots of the traveler and goggles of revealing for mobility/utility, but in a situation where I need some heavier armor, they're not the optimal choice.

I play on a server where pretty much everyone else crafts modular powersuits with all of the upgrades they can get their hands on right off the bat. I never see anyone's face; they all look exactly the same, spend their time flying around being nearly invincible, then get bored because there's no challenge and stop playing. There's definitely such a thing as having too much power.

After hearing that bit about the MPS suits, I'm glad Greg nerfed it. At first I was miffed because I lost a bunch of speed when I lost my legs, but as the main competitor to the quantom suit, the cost should be similar.

I personally only wear a helmet if I can, or the MPS legs at highest sprint speed and with an invisibility module. I have enough iron to make a suit, but I prefer just wearing a helmet.

Conning a dev? Quantumsuit mobs.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I once suggested some of these ideas before to machinemuse, but they got shot down quite hard. it's to have a central page in the tinkering table that shows summarized information about your suit. information like how much weight you've in total, and how much weight each part has. the same for how much energy the suit has, and each part has and as a big addition, having several modes for your powersuit. with modes I mean settings you can switch between. as an example, instead of having to keybind your modules to several keys, you could create a profile that has the modules you want switched on or off, and you can keybind that profile. to take it a step further, you could change settings of the modules in the profiles. so for example profile 1 would have a pickaxe module with x8 speed multiplier, and profile 2 would have a speed multiplier of x8. with this you can also change your powersuit's appearance with the profiles. so for example profile 1 would be a mining profile with a blue appearance, with a low armor and attack, but having a jump boost and fast pickaxe/axe/shovel, and profile 2 would be an attack mode, with fast speed, a red appearance, high armor and high attack. this would solve alot of headache for me for having to remember all the keybinds, or constantly having to change around modules and keybinds.

to make the editing of the appearance of the powersuit more easily, you could save the configuration of a powersuit to a file on your computer with a name. you could share these files with others and they can download and place them inside a MPS folder in the minecraft folder. they could then go ingame, and select the profile names of the downloaded files. this is to make it easier for people to use their favorite powersuit appearance, but it'd also be nice for people who're bad at making a good looking powersuit appearance. and ofcourse it'd go really well with the profile suggestion, you could have totally different looking powersuits with each profile.

I also had the suggestion of adding some voice clips to the powersuits, that activate during certain circumstances. you could ofcourse choose between a male and a female version, and they could tell things like when the power goes below a certain level, when the suit gets too hot, when a certain module gets toggled... things like that. this would be like Jarvis in Iron Man.

and another suggestion was when you'd shoot the plasma cannon into a lake, you'd have a certain percentage of chance of fish dropping for a short amount of time so you can pick them up. the plasma cannon would temporarily stun the fish in the water, and if you're quick enough you could catch them. and a last suggestion I did was a grapling hook module for the powersuit's powerglove. it'd be a cheap module for early game that you can shoot up walls by right-clicking, and when you left click the powerglove you get pulled towards the grapling hook you shot. this would be a cheap way of getting up hills or across large holes early game. you could also use it for example to pull mobs towards you, so basically it's somewhat like a fishing rod, which you can use to pull mobs towards you, or in reverse pull yourself towards the grapling hook. I also suggested that when you shoot the grapling hook, the claw part of the powerglove could have the animation of it being shot away, and you see a rope hanging between the claw and the glove.

Reactions: Technician

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
You know one dev I'd like to con?
I'd con Greg into stop making his passive-agressive "I'M ALWAYS RIGHT FUCK YOU" so-called "ballance options".

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
A mechanized robot suit mod would be neat. Something maybe four times as big as the player that could be outfittedin ssimilar fashion to mps but have firepower similar to ICBM. A kind of Mechwarrior meets minecraft

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
I'd love a config option to turn off explosions in buildcraft.

I'd love more progression options for going up power generation curves in MJ and EU more smoothly.

Given that MFR and Xycraft are my two favorite mods, I'd love to see what they can do together as such awesomeness cannot simply be imagined.

What can't bees do? The answer is nothing. Make it so. This includes bee beards, bee hats/hair, compressed blocks of bees, beelevator, bee carts, turtle bees, xybees, flying bee golems, honey portals, bee tinkering, etc.

Greg should keep doing what he's doing because I like his machines and know I can change the difficulty in the configs.