If you could add one thing to any mod...?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
Don't engender if I mentioned this before. Open blocks building guide, add an expensive upgrade or even multi block to allow you to put a chest next to it and it will use building material from it to fill in the ghost blocks. Or a gui or filler integration with build craft

I would love to see this, or a way for CC's turtles or BC's robots to do the building.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. I generally play in survival mode because I hate the way blocks don't drop in creative mode... but in survival mode I hate the way I have to constantly type /gamemode 1 or /gamemode 0 in order to have unlimited items.

So yeah... this is absolutely the #1 idea in this entire thread, SANDBOX MODE. I'll even put it ahead of my own request for a higher tier AE2 ME Interface block...
I'm not sure if this is what you want, but does NEI's Creative+ satisfy your demands? :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm not sure if this is what you want, but does NEI's Creative+ satisfy your demands? :p
I think he still lacks the total survivability and utilities of creative.

I kinda see the attraction too. Creative would be nice to build in, but hate the "left-click breaks everything" as it ruins all tools that are often much more efficient than anything creative offers(like equal exchange wands, 3x3 mining hammer/drills etc). So you would have to constantly change from creative to survival and back. And than you would need creative style flight solutions for survival and whatnot... In the end I just find it easier to build in survival all the time tbh.(and there is the survival game aspect attraction as well ofc).

Maybe what is needed is a "cheat menu" with options where you can choose which options you want to enable so you can customize your own difficulty setting. Like:
  • invincibility
  • hunger
  • mob spawns
  • left-click breaks everything
  • creative flight
  • spawn in items
  • etc.
Then at the beginning of the game you can design your game mode exactly towards what you intend to do.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I think he still lacks the total survivability and utilities of creative.

I kinda see the attraction too. Creative would be nice to build in, but hate the "left-click breaks everything" as it ruins all tools that are often much more efficient than anything creative offers(like equal exchange wands, 3x3 mining hammer/drills etc). So you would have to constantly change from creative to survival and back. And than you would need creative style flight solutions for survival and whatnot... In the end I just find it easier to build in survival all the time tbh.(and there is the survival game aspect attraction as well ofc).

Maybe what is needed is a "cheat menu" with options where you can choose which options you want to enable so you can customize your own difficulty setting. Like:
  • invincibility
  • hunger
  • mob spawns
  • left-click breaks everything
  • creative flight
  • spawn in items
  • etc.
Then at the beginning of the game you can design your game mode exactly towards what you intend to do.
I dunno, I'll have to investigate it, never heard of it before. Thx for tip.

Bingo!
Get on that, Chickenbones! XD

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't mind seeing a more active process invovled with waste and reactors. Such as coal driven furnaces (even vanilla) that require cleaning out the ash... which must be disposed of. Lava generators that have some kind of waste like slag or dried/cooled rock... Big reactors have a non useful waste product in that the water must be cleaned and that waste must be dealt with. And of course automated machines to handle all of these tasks later in game. of course this might need to be it's own mod but could def find a place added on to any power generating mod.

Of course I also wouldn't mind the ability to create hungry nodes... in a vary dangerous fasion.

I wouldn't mind the ability to make a node period at the cost of a great many resources. I played one server that had a troll that would travel around and destroy ever node he could find even if someone had it moved into their base. it was sad :(

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
You know I am really torn about this. It is a good idea that would really make building a lot easier and faster. But do I really want it to be easier and faster? I quite enjoy the process of building. /conflicted :confused:

Oh and I suppose what you are describing is pretty much MFFS.

But for spheres(not spheroids) and circles you can use these turtle scripts at least if you like:
Sphere:
http://pastebin.com/aLMDhttP

Circle:
http://pastebin.com/vjJSNLjU

Disclaimer: I did not write these, I merely stored them on my pastebin for easy access.

what if it is possible to build using the building guide, but you need to keep right clicking the building guide with the block you specify to build the structure, just like how you can build rituals with Blood Magic using the ritual diviner on a master ritual stone? doing this would ofcourse use up the blocks in your inventory and you can switch between different blocks that you use to build the structure.
that way you don't need to fly around place blocks, but you still need to manually build the structure.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
what if it is possible to build using the building guide, but you need to keep right clicking the building guide with the block you specify to build the structure, just like how you can build rituals with Blood Magic using the ritual diviner on a master ritual stone? doing this would ofcourse use up the blocks in your inventory and you can switch between different blocks that you use to build the structure.
that way you don't need to fly around place blocks, but you still need to manually build the structure.

Part me likes the idea but I still think a gui or chest next to it would be less of a headache. If you did it that way you could feasibly miss the block and end up putting down blocks that you didn't intend to.. etc. Plus if there was a GUI with shape, dimensions, etc... you could set it up without having to have the ghost images, do a preview button and look around then hit build. Build would disable the ghost image and would free up a lot of processing resources. The bigger that thing gets the more problems there are rendering it. A gui could solve all of that. Not to mention there could be a 16x16 grid that you could build your own custom shapes straight up. That could be something :p

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
What would it be?

My rather whimsical thought at this point would be enderIO essentia conduits, since the cross-mod compatibility of enderIO is brilliant already, it would make sense to me.

And I currently have essentia tubes running everywhere alongside my enderIO conduit bundles as it is, making my underfloor wiring look all untidy :/

Ender IO conduits for all MFR, Steve's Factory Manager, Computer Craft, Project Red cable types.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This probably already exists, I have just never played a pack with it.
But some day I would love to play a pack that had semi-realistic ore spawns. And by that I mean that a regions geological "makeup" only really supports one or at most very few types of ores. And some areas are completely void of ore. But you could find certain spots that have a high ore density of a single kind, which would be obvious places to set up mines. But catch would be that you might find tin in your local area, but you would have to travel very far before you could find copper to take advantage of it(to make bronze tools). And maybe Bog Iron ore could be added as well to make up for scarce metals if you know where to look. And maybe different stone types(think Geostrata) could be used to indicated different geological zones to give clues to where to look for which metals.

And perhaps a "travelling merchant" villager could be added that trades various metals from distant lands.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
But some day I would love to play a pack that had semi-realistic ore spawns. And by that I mean that a regions geological "makeup" only really supports one or at most very few types of ores. And some areas are completely void of ore. But you could find certain spots that have a high ore density of a single kind, which would be obvious places to set up mines. But catch would be that you might find tin in your local area, but you would have to travel very far before you could find copper to take advantage of it(to make bronze tools). And maybe Bog Iron ore could be added as well to make up for scarce metals if you know where to look. And maybe different stone types(think Geostrata) could be used to indicated different geological zones to give clues to where to look for which metals.

And perhaps a "travelling merchant" villager could be added that trades various metals from distant lands.
Dwarf Fortress much? :p
Yeah, that'd be pretty cool, and probably not *that* hard to make - just add a new worldtype. I wouldn't know, of course, but still. :)
Maybe I'll make that...

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019

There's a Rockhounding mod that I've seen on the What's New in Modding thread that would be up your alley. Should be a start.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Of course I also wouldn't mind the ability to create hungry nodes... in a vary dangerous fasion.
Could be an interesting Thaumcraft "Hardcore" if nodes drew blocks from their environment to recharge, rather than doing it naturally, with slowly decreasing efficiency, degenerating to the point where they eventually become hungry nodes.

Would add some level of effort to the later games when you've got to maintain the nodes either by some manner of stabilisation, or by replacing them.

They might be able to "recover" slowly in their natural environment, so occasional use, and respect for nature could mean that your environment remain safe, but powergaming things would lead to bad things.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Could be an interesting Thaumcraft "Hardcore" if nodes drew blocks from their environment to recharge, rather than doing it naturally, with slowly decreasing efficiency, degenerating to the point where they eventually become hungry nodes.

Would add some level of effort to the later games when you've got to maintain the nodes either by some manner of stabilisation, or by replacing them.

They might be able to "recover" slowly in their natural environment, so occasional use, and respect for nature could mean that your environment remain safe, but powergaming things would lead to bad things.
"Bad?" Maybe. Catastrophically destructive? Yeah, what's your point? ;) I live in a warded stone bunker defended by Wither Bosses. For emergencies, I keep a suit of flux-infused armor and a rack of resonant chainsaws, as well as a BIG RED BUTTON that blows everything up. What do you mean, "bad things?" ;)

Reactions: ljfa

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Or ... right-click on the actual ghost block with the block you want to use and have it be placed in that spot. Far less convenient but you'd be able to vary the blocks you're using.

Reactions: pizzawolf14