If you could add one thing to any mod...?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I would guess that it doesn't due to the massive block updates it would cause, as well as the immense amounts of dropped entities you would have all of a sudden. Tried in the past getting rid of redwoods very quickly and it was really bad for performance(in some cases caused crashes).
Probably better to just do a bit at the time or to use a Filler or something.
This is probably the case.

RotaryCraft's bedrock axe gets around that by not taking on the entire tree at once- since v5, I think, it chops down trees (and forests) at about one meter per tick. I haven't tried it on Natura trees yet, but it takes down Twilight Oaks with no trouble or serious lag.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This is probably the case.

RotaryCraft's bedrock axe gets around that by not taking on the entire tree at once- since v5, I think, it chops down trees (and forests) at about one meter per tick. I haven't tried it on Natura trees yet, but it takes down Twilight Oaks with no trouble or serious lag.
I did try and take down a Redwood with a Axe of the Stream once in its fast mode(both mouse keys)(No fast leaf decay). Seeing as it picks the furthest away blocks first, by the time I actually started seeing a result the lag from it was devastating :p

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I want more diverse sea life than just squid. Dolphins, sharks, fish, jellyfish, eel, seals, sea lions, otters, penguins (I know TF has some), etc. Why should I have an ocean with 9001 squid, but nothing else?
There are a couple mods that add that, you know. :p
I can't remember the names off the top of my head, though.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I want whales too. In fact, I want an entire power generation scheme based off hunting whales for oil. Not quite to extinction, but close.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Actually, I want more diverse sea life than just squid. Dolphins, sharks, fish, jellyfish, eel, seals, sea lions, otters, penguins (I know TF has some), etc. Why should I have an ocean with 9001 squid, but nothing else?
Always wondered why Mariculture didn't add a few marine life mobs to the game tbh.

But anyone adding new mobs should really try and replace some of the many squids. We really don't need more derpy AI mobs draining out server/PC resources... But variation would be good.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Always wondered why Mariculture didn't add a few marine life mobs to the game tbh.

But anyone adding new mobs should really try and replace some of the many squids. We really don't need more derpy AI mobs draining out server/PC resources... But variation would be good.

I once built a small pond inside my base as a decorative feature.

It kept spawning bloody squid every five minutes and ruining the aesthetic.

I'm a little more discerning with my water features these days...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I once built a small pond inside my base as a decorative feature.

It kept spawning bloody squid every five minutes and ruining the aesthetic.

I'm a little more discerning with my water features these days...
Hehe never build water features around or below lvl 63 :p

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
The one thing I would add to minecraft (rather than a mod) would be a new game mode "Sandbox"*

Sandbox would be a combined Survival / Creative mode.
It would be like creative in that monsters would ignore you by default, and your character cannot take damage from any source or die for any other reason than falling out the bottom of the world.
It would be like survival in that resources must be gathered, and left click would work as it does in survival, i.e. it will not destroy blocks instantly.

This game mode would target pre-teen children that want the immersive world afforded by survival - in terms of growing crops and breeding cows and horses (as distinct from just egging things in) - but for whom the prospect of character death is not yet a challenge that adds enjoyment and excitement, but rather a nightmare inducing negative.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The one thing I would add to minecraft (rather than a mod) would be a new game mode "Sandbox"*

It would be like creative in that monsters would ignore you by default, and your character cannot take damage from any source or die for any other reason than falling out the bottom of the world.
It would be like survival in that resources must be gathered, and left click would work as it does in survival, i.e. it will not destroy blocks instantly.

This game mode would target pre-teen children that want the immersive world afforded by survival - in terms of growing crops and breeding cows and horses (as distinct from just egging things in) - but for whom the prospect of character death is not yet a challenge that adds enjoyment and excitement, but rather a nightmare inducing negative.
I think this is a brilliant idea.

My son (who is quite young) absolutely loves Minecraft, and would get a real kick out of that; he plays on Minecraft PE on Creative (so gets the invulnerability and so on) but keeps having accidents with the instabreaking blocks. On the XBox, we play together on Peaceful, which is great except there are no mobs and thus no mob-obtainable drops (would be nice to do brewing with him) and he can still die in water (which he struggles to swim in), lava and from big drops.

Something in between those two would be just perfect for him - not so punishing as Peaceful can be when he's still getting used to the controls, but keeping the survival aspects that Creative removes.

If I could double-like this, I would.

Chrisszzyy

Jul 29, 2019
What would it be?

Real-life sounds to the Big Reactors mod :). Would make the experience much more enjoyable and realistic! The dev says its on the cards at the moment but god knows what sounds he will add and when!

On second thought the biggest addition I'd like to the Big Reactors mod is analogue gauges (dials) for turbines so a quick glance and you can see a representation of how well it's producing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baron_Falcon

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Don't engender if I mentioned this before. Open blocks building guide, add an expensive upgrade or even multi block to allow you to put a chest next to it and it will use building material from it to fill in the ghost blocks. Or a gui or filler integration with build craft
You know I am really torn about this. It is a good idea that would really make building a lot easier and faster. But do I really want it to be easier and faster? I quite enjoy the process of building. /conflicted :confused:

Oh and I suppose what you are describing is pretty much MFFS.

But for spheres(not spheroids) and circles you can use these turtle scripts at least if you like:
Sphere:
http://pastebin.com/aLMDhttP

Circle:
http://pastebin.com/vjJSNLjU

Disclaimer: I did not write these, I merely stored them on my pastebin for easy access.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

I think this is a brilliant idea.

Agreed. I generally play in survival mode because I hate the way blocks don't drop in creative mode... but in survival mode I hate the way I have to constantly type /gamemode 1 or /gamemode 0 in order to have unlimited items.

So yeah... this is absolutely the #1 idea in this entire thread, SANDBOX MODE. I'll even put it ahead of my own request for a higher tier AE2 ME Interface block...