If you could add one thing to any mod...?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see the massive system requiring enough ME drives to warrant doing this. I have been unable to max out the different configurations of ME controllers I've built.

This is true. Seems to be a lot of this in Minecraft. Q: "Why make it so large?" A: "Because." :D

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
My advice, however, is to avoid bringing up what was done in the past. It always causes issues and I'd rather not have to clean up drama today.

Talk about arousing my curiosity and dampening it at the same time. LOL In the immortal words of Schultz from Hogan's Heroes... "I know nut-sing!" and I guess it will stay that way. :)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Talk about arousing my curiosity and dampening it at the same time. LOL In the immortal words of Schultz from Hogan's Heroes... "I know nut-sing!" and I guess it will stay that way. :)

Google would be your friend here then. ;)

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
This is true. Seems to be a lot of this in Minecraft. Q: "Why make it so large?" A: "Because." :D

Yes, we had a visitor to our private server and they wanted to know why I built 8 turbines putting out 24K rf ea. I answered "to fill the Draconic energy orb that hold 1.2 trillion rf of course, it's in this building over here". :D

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I would add more compressed things to Extra Utilities. Chests with extra storage. Furnaces with extra capacity and efficiency.

I'd also add some extra colored stuff. You can already color cobble and wood, so why not furnaces and chests? Colored compressed cobble also sounds pretty cool.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Although this could have changed as I have not loaded the mod in months, I wish Better Storage chests had more capacity as the materials got higher tiered. Pretty much like Iron Chest/JABBA/storage-mod-here does, as I have little to no reason to build chest past whatever metal I have a lot of at the time other than ascetics (although that can be a good reason sometimes).

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
I would add more compressed things to Extra Utilities. Chests with extra storage. Furnaces with extra capacity and efficiency.

I'd also add some extra colored stuff. You can already color cobble and wood, so why not furnaces and chests? Colored compressed cobble also sounds pretty cool.
This may or may not fit your needs, but the Draconic chest has 264 slots. It's expensive, has a crafting GUI that is sorta handy, a furnace function that would be awesome if it wasn't for the fact that by the time you can make this chest you probably have an entire automated ore processing setup.

It would be nice if Draconic made this chest more of an early game item. Of course then it would labeled OP. lol

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

My suggestion of compressed villagers was apparently not even considered.

All I wanted was a block that sounded like 4.3 billion plaintive voices crying "HNRG" in unison, is that too much to ask?

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
My suggestion of compressed villagers was apparently not even considered.

All I wanted was a block that sounded like 4.3 billion plaintive voices crying "HNRG" in unison, is that too much to ask?

Well, you can spawn villagers into a 4x4x4 space in order to get emerald drops and it will sound like that. It's hilarious.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
You can have the two in a pack together. I've done it, and it causes no issues; ScottulusMaximus is correct on this.

My advice, however, is to avoid bringing up what was done in the past. It always causes issues and I'd rather not have to clean up drama today.

Well, since I didn't say they would not work together, I'm not sure how Scottulus was "correct" when he said my statement was "utter nonsense". What I did say is they are not in modpacks together. Which is in fact true, and not utter nonsense, a quick check of Infinity and Dire will bear this out. I also made a suggestion not to use them together, which is my opinion, so again, not sure how Scottulus was correct on that either. Not trying to further this or create more drama, but it seems a lot was inferred from my statement, and it did not warrant the original response.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Well, since I didn't say they would not work together, I'm not sure how Scottulus was "correct" when he said my statement was "utter nonsense". What I did say is they are not in modpacks together. Which is in fact true, and not utter nonsense, a quick check of Infinity and Dire will bear this out. I also made a suggestion not to use them together, which is my opinion, so again, not sure how Scottulus was correct on that either. Not trying to further this or create more drama, but it seems a lot was inferred from my statement, and it did not warrant the original response.

You are correct in that they are not in current FTB packs together. They were in packs together at one point and may very well be else where. The primary part of your post I was referring to was this little bit here:
Word to the wise, you may want to avoid adding gregtech to a modpack that has Tinkers.

Whether intentional or not (I would guess not) this comes across as stating that they will still cause problems when paired together, which is false. That would be where my post came from.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So checking the modlist of two modpacks you can conclude that GT is not in modpacks with Tinkers? Did you ever consider that they were maybe not together in those two specific packs because the authors did not want GT as part of their vision for the pack?
There are lots of third party packs like TPPI(1.6) where they are together and working perfectly. And TPPI2(1.7) is currently in Beta awaiting the new version of GT.

These mods work perfectly well together and have been for a long time. What you are perpetuating it drama of the past. Lets leave it there.

Reactions: Linda Hartlen

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
So checking the modlist of two modpacks you can conclude that GT is not in modpacks with Tinkers? Did you ever consider that they were maybe not together in those two specific packs because the authors did not want GT as part of their vision for the pack? And there are lots of third party packs like TPPI where they are together. And TPPI2 is currently in Beta awaiting the new version of GT.

These mods work perfectly well together and have been for a long time. What you are perpetuating it drama of the past. Lets leave it there.

Actually its way more than a couple modpacks. If you care to take the time to check FTB and ATlauncher, I think you will be hard pressed to find a modpack with both mods. Also, again people inferring things I did not say. I did not say I checked those two, I stated that a quick check will bear out my assertion, which if one wants to infer things I said correctly in context, would be suggesting the reader check those modpacks since they are the most current, and again support my statement completely. I cannot recall the last time FTB had a modpack with both of those.

What you are doing is perpetuating the misrepresentation of my remarks. There was no need at all for you to even comment. If you truly wanted it left alone you could have said nothing.

Last edited:

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
You are correct in that they are not in current FTB packs together. They were in packs together at one point and may very well be else where. The primary part of your post I was referring to was this little bit here:

Whether intentional or not (I would guess not) this comes across as stating that they will still cause problems when paired together, which is false. That would be where my post came from.

Again, you referenced Scottulus post, and said he was correct. Except he was not. If one wanted to correctly infer anything from my remarks, especially those in the know ("the wise"), it would be that there may be a malignant remnant of something that could be used to cause a problem. I'm sure I don't need to elaborate on what that is. I was actually very careful in my wording in an attempt NOT to cause anymore drama or make direct references. It seems others inaccurate knee jerk response has foiled that attempt.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019

I had intended to contact you privately in order to clarify my remarks, however I couldn't sem to find an option to do that. I really did not intend to kick up dust over this, which is why my original comment was fairly brief.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I had intended to contact you privately in order to clarify my remarks, however I couldn't sem to find an option to do that. I really did not intend to kick up dust over this, which is why my original comment was fairly brief.

That sounds like I forgot to change some settings when I got my mod tags. Will fix soon then. Also, it's not a big deal. You're not trying to bring up the old drama and you did clarify what you said after I replied, so as far as I'm concerned it's all good.

Edit: And setting fixed.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Actually its way more than a couple modpacks. If you care to take the time to check FTB and ATlauncher, I think you will be hard pressed to find a modpack with both mods. Also, again people inferring things I did not say. I did not say I checked those two, I stated that a quick check will bear out my assertion, which if one wants to infer things I said correctly in context, would be suggesting the reader check those modpacks since they are the most current, and again support my statement completely. I cannot recall the last time FTB had a modpack with both of those.

What you are doing is perpetuating the misrepresentation of my remarks. There was no need at all for you to even comment. If you truly wanted it left alone you could have said nothing.
Just trying to tell you that you cannot judge that simply because GT and TiCo is not together in any of the "pop-packs" must be because they are not allowed to. Other things can be the cause of that. Like GT is now very much a niche mod that very few actually enjoy playing(most people detest it, I love it). If you look at FTB then the only recent attempt at adding GT was with resurrection(which is not particularly popular), and that doesn't have TiCo specifically because it is an attempt to recreate Ultimate(TiCo did not exist back then).

So if you want GT you need to go outside the main modpack "pop-pack" suppliers to the third party packs and they do actually have the GT/TiCo combo.

Reactions: Linda Hartlen

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Just trying to tell you that you cannot judge that simply because GT and TiCo is not together in any of the "pop-packs" must be because they are not allowed to.

lol, again, inferring something I never stated. You can sit here and make up things I did not say all day and argue against them, it won't change the fact that your initial reply, and now this one, are incorrect, unnecessary, and do exactly the opposite of leaving it in the past as you made reference to in your initial post.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
He may have said that about subnetworking as such - which is indeed functioning as intended. I very much doubt he said that about using it excessively to avoid having to deal with the channels. Which appears to me to go somewhat against he spirit of the whole thing. And that means, using its possibility to restrict some of AE2's most useful features feels....well....wrong.

I feel the subnetworks justify themselves through material costs. Having to build a storage bus and an interface every time I want to push my network forward chews through resources (granted, those are pretty much unlimited now, but they weren't always).

Reactions: immibis

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
I second that. Maybe to keep things balanced, you could make a second-tier interface with 27 slors out of three regular ones and an engineering processor
And it shouldn't have any export configuration slots, both to avoid accidentally making the normal one obsolete, and to save room in the GUI.