If you could add one thing to any mod...?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
What would it be?

My rather whimsical thought at this point would be enderIO essentia conduits, since the cross-mod compatibility of enderIO is brilliant already, it would make sense to me.

And I currently have essentia tubes running everywhere alongside my enderIO conduit bundles as it is, making my underfloor wiring look all untidy :/

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic energistics should fit the bill. As for me, toggle-buttons, rain-stoppers, manual lava-suckers that hold more than one bucket. And recipes for mo'creatures spawn eggs so I can build a zoo without having my world overrun by noisy critters.

The last one I will do...eventually.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Thaumic energistics should fit the bill. As for me, toggle-buttons, rain-stoppers, manual lava-suckers that hold more than one bucket. And recipes for mo'creatures spawn eggs so I can build a zoo without having my world overrun by noisy critters.

The last one I will do...eventually.

That's quite a list :)

Thaumic energistics is something i've been meaning to get going, I may have to start before my thaumcraft infrastructure gets any more extensive.

Toggle buttons you can make yourself with a bit of good old vanilla redstone knowhow and 8th grade electronics (the day I built my first redstone monostable was a happy one, i've never looked back lol)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
That's quite a list :)

Thaumic energistics is something i've been meaning to get going, I may have to start before my thaumcraft infrastructure gets any more extensive.

Toggle buttons you can make yourself with a bit of good old vanilla redstone knowhow and 8th grade electronics (the day I built my first redstone monostable was a happy one, i've never looked back lol)

yeah but its just a button and not worth the effort. Ill just use a lever and tolerate its ugliness.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ooh good question!

I would like SGcraft (the Stargate mod) to have compatibility with computercraft and/or open computers, to allow computer-directed dialling! If I get an extra; custom mapping of symbols around the gate :D

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
What would it be?

My rather whimsical thought at this point would be enderIO essentia conduits, since the cross-mod compatibility of enderIO is brilliant already, it would make sense to me.

And I currently have essentia tubes running everywhere alongside my enderIO conduit bundles as it is, making my underfloor wiring look all untidy :/

I actually suggested this not too long ago to the developers of Ender IO, but the response was that it would be quite difficult to do because of the way Thaumcraft is coded.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
More "endgame" materials in TiCo so it is not just "cobalt, ardite, thaumium, manullan, catus, etc" on your tools, to the point where almost no one shares a similar material set.
And before anyone says it no I do not mean metalturgy and extra TiCo, I'm not a fan of metalturgy and as far as I can tell you can still face a similar problem in "endgame" tools.

On that note replacing tool parts in default TiCo would be nice, as I have thought about massacuring TiCo tweaks to just have that feature, but it feels so wrong turning off everything in a mod:(

Ooh good question!

I would like SGcraft (the Stargate mod) to have compatibility with computercraft and/or open computers, to allow computer-directed dialling! If I get an extra; custom mapping of symbols around the gate :D

Doesn't opencomputers already have stargate compatibility?

Reactions: Vasa

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
More "endgame" materials in TiCo so it is not just "cobalt, ardite, thaumium, manullan, catus, etc" on your tools, to the point where almost no one shares a similar material set.
And before anyone says it no I do not mean metalturgy and extra TiCo, I'm not a fan of metalturgy and as far as I can tell you can still face a similar problem in "endgame" tools.

On that note replacing tool parts in default TiCo would be nice, as I have thought about massacuring TiCo tweaks to just have that feature, but it feels so wrong turning off everything in a mod:(

You can add custom material to Tic with jsonables like in AGS2 and the latest update of ME4.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
I guess it could act as a pretty effective weapon even in its current state, hook it up to a funky locomotion set up, fly over your enemy's base, and mine all their things up until the war is over.

*Thinks about experimenting with funky locomotion warships again*

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
One thing for many mods.

A standard multipart system, cos one for each mod is stupid

how I'd love for Forge to start handling the ores of mods, with the option of configurating through forge which ore of which mod should spawn.
so taking the idea of how CoFH core handles ore generation (by specifying at which layer, how much, how big, which dimension and so on) and adding that into forge with the option of choosing exactly from which mod the ore should spawn and disabling any other ores/ingots/dusts/nuggets from other mods.

finally I'd no longer need to convert different types of ores

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Does it?? Well, that was easy! ;)

The only pack I played it in didn't have OC alas.

I really like the idea of swapping out the Egyptian hieroglyphs (though they are cool) with your own defined symbols, just to really give it character :D

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism's portable tank already does...

Granted, it only holds 14 buckets of fluid if (I remember correctly), so point taken.

14 buckets... why?? WHY??!?!!?

mtwVG0T.png