IC2 steps up thier game with the Ejector Upgrade

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Make an Athame and go Enderman hunting, slay the Ender Dragon so you can murder them in your home...
Plenty of options. Ender Pearls aren't the hardest thing in the world to get.
MFR also now has it's answer to Soul Shards in more recent versions which even supports mod-added mobs, so that can be used in place of Soul Shards.
No athames in 1.5.2.
Getting to the end requires ~12 ender pearls to start with.
MFR requires you to kill more mobs than you spawn.

Edit: Autarchic gates also require 21 laser-minutes to craft. Each.

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
NumiRP has an athame in it. Along with the gems, etc, from RP2. So while you might not have RP2 itself, you can still have the worldgen, besides volcanoes.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
there is a mod for 1.5.2 that adds ender dust ore, which drop ender dust, that can be crafted into ender pearl. cant say the name of it, but its a part of big dig modpack

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, your time is so precious that you are gaming.
Well, you see, that's a common misconception, that time spent playing all of a sudden is free for the taking, or less worth than time spent working, or generally overestimated.

Guess what, that's wrong. Most people spent the majority of their day with jobs or school or studies. "Play time" is, in fact, the most precious time those people have - and it's very well understandable they spend it in a way that it rewards them with the highest outcome possible, e.g. as much fun as they can have. For a quite remarkable number of minecraft players, this does indeed render Gregs' opinions of 'u must play this way' unattractive.

I consider time I have to play up the most precious, apart from the obvious like family, friends and my wife. If there is anything that ruins a percentage of that time for me (like, say, GT ingredient collection runs), you can bet I will remove that element as fast as I can, or at least tweak it in a way it does no longer disturb my playtime at all.

[edit - typo]

Ryiah

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, your time is so precious that you are gaming.
Relaxation is an important part of life. It helps to relieve stress which is important as stress is detrimental to both your physical and mental health. Since time is precious it is important to maintain your health to make every moment count. Last thing you want to do is forced to be unproductive because you were so stressed you got sick.

Reactions: Flipz

Ryiah

Jul 29, 2019
This thread was about the ejector upgrade?
It read more like an attempt to claim IC2 was not dying but in fact continuing to "step up their game". Except it turns out to simply be one minor addition that is already present, and implemented better, in other mods.

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
Every person that argues against time being limited and precious deserves a concrete flavored ice cream cone

Agreed.

Relaxation is an important part of life. It helps to relieve stress which is important as stress is detrimental to both your physical and mental health. Since time is precious it is important to maintain your health to make every moment count. Last thing you want to do is forced to be unproductive because you were so stressed you got sick.

You can relax by working out and doing highly mental activities, it only depends on how lazy you are with your own life. You only get stressed because you don't even agree with what you are doing (studying useless things or working to get money). And you can only be unproductive when you don't know what you are doing (normally working for getting money). Try reading a Plato dialogue, even if you get totally lost at it, you can start thinking and hypothesizing upon his hypothesis, which is certainly a relaxing activity.

Reactions: RedBoss

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
As of IC2 build 354, we have a new working upgrade for IC2 machines. It's called the Ejector Upgrade, and basically what it does is to replicate Thermal Expansion's auto-output functionality. It, when installed, automatically shoves out any output it has. This to me is a really cool thing that's an improvement on IC2 design. I mean, you can now have TE-like processing setups with IC2 machines:

ohLQPOc.png

xTG041J.png

jqFdN3F.png

Just like that! It's pretty sweet, if you ask me!

People say that IC2 is dying out, considering Albaka's gone and all. As you can see, this deosn't mean IC2 can't still get better! I wonder what other cool improvements we'll get soon, like the Miner and Pump upgrades.

We saw this and were all really excited as well. It works pretty well. It seems to do the "normal" thing which is look for an adjacent inventory to eject into.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
In OPs pic: If you rotate the entire contraption on an axis 90deg, then the furnace will insert the ingot in the macerator not the chest, anytime the macerator is empty. It just matters which one side is the first side it checks, depending on the facing you build things at.

Ryiah

Jul 29, 2019
Try reading a Plato dialogue, even if you get totally lost at it, you can start thinking and hypothesizing upon his hypothesis, which is certainly a relaxing activity.
Quite an amusing viewpoint you have. You sound as if everything you enjoy is automatically enjoyed by others. Or somehow our methods are beneath you. Thanks for the "tip" in advance that it is a pointless waste of time to try to reason with you.

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
Quite an amusing viewpoint you have. You sound as if everything you enjoy is automatically enjoyed by others. Or somehow we're perhaps beneath you. I can tell already any attempts to reason with someone such as you is pointless and a waste of time.

I'm not saying I'm not lazy, I'm as lazy as anyone else I talk about. I'm not claiming that everyone should read a Plato dialogue, but never trying to improve your soul ( as Plato himself says) is enjoyable by everyone. You just need to pick the activity within that category that you enjoy.

Ryiah

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not claiming that everyone should read a Plato dialogue, but never trying to improve your soul ( as Plato himself says) is enjoyable by everyone.
What is your criteria for improvement? Obviously it depends on the game itself but at the very least you can improve your mental focus and reaction speeds (any type of FPS or action-focused game), socializing skills (MMOs, Minecraft multiplayer), etc. Simply writing off gaming as something that can never improve you is just as ignorant and is also something the majority of people tend to do.

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
Do you feel, after thinking upon the activity for 10 minutes with yourself, that this activity actually improves your soul? If it does, then is a good activity. If you feel there's lack of real improvement, thenprobably it isn't in that category. But doing things in that category or not is also optional, as you can feel satisfied by being the same person after a full day.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I like this, since it really helps with automation of IC2 machines. If they can output to the input of another machine directly, that would make them doubleplusgood!

Ryiah

Jul 29, 2019
Do you feel, after thinking upon the activity for 10 minutes with yourself, that this activity actually improves your soul? If it does, then is a good activity.
Which is why I dislike the thought of automatically writing off gaming as something you cannot improve from. I'm somewhat introverted so I have a tendency to want to keep to myself and avoid company. Playing MMOs, especially DDO where the majority of the "skilled" (elitist is probably more accurate) player base requires voice chat, forced me to socialize. Over a year it went from being awkward to being something I can easily do after joining a group. The effect wasn't quite as drastic with regards to real life but I did see some improvement when it came to conversing with others. I now find it enjoyable and something I try to seek out.

But the key as you said is to analyze before jumping to conclusions. You're earlier posts about gaming being a waste of time felt like you were immediately writing it off as something that cannot benefit anyone.

Badger

Jul 29, 2019
New Mods I'd like to see:

for IC2: More gardening stuff! You are letting forestry get away with genetic plant engineering when that should have been YOUR pigeonhole, you started it first. genetically engineered trees that can drop more wood, grow faster, double (or more!)charcoal production when burned for charcoal production, drop more saplings, drop more apples, always grow as 'big type', create more planks or sticks, or grow strange things like weedx or fertilizer. Herbs and herb burners that give areas 'buffs' like beacons when using genetically-engineered perfumes, stuff like specific types of monsters being attracted or prevented from spawning, or even causing spawns of a NEW type of monster or ten specific to IC2. an automatic 'bridgelayer' that shoots out a sideways- version of the scaffolding 3 blocks wide up to the limit of blocks you have 'loaded it with' for spanning ravines and nether islands. Instant fortresses. automated guns. grappling hooks to shoot you to a block and hold you there, or hook a mob and drag it back to you, or even grab a distant block and put it in your inventory ala 'silk touch'. defensive structures that create 'hostile mob bots' when triggered by redstone (like say, spiderlike 'robots' that engage hostile targets, and then 'retreat to recharge' back to their boxes when the target is gone or dead?) How about genetic engineering of creatures? 'friendly creepers' that shoot beams from their eyes at hostile targets instead of blowing up? Or a 'variety list' of possible traits?

Or how about just consolidating some of your block ID's so it doesn't take weeks to hunt down all the conflicts when you put it with other mods?

Perhaps it's time to start thinking about IC3

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
i wish you could specify a side, I want to have a hopper on the left and an output on the right, But sometimes it outs the scrap into the hopper and recycles it twice