IC2 steps up thier game with the Ejector Upgrade

iconmaster

Jul 29, 2019
As of IC2 build 354, we have a new working upgrade for IC2 machines. It's called the Ejector Upgrade, and basically what it does is to replicate Thermal Expansion's auto-output functionality. It, when installed, automatically shoves out any output it has. This to me is a really cool thing that's an improvement on IC2 design. I mean, you can now have TE-like processing setups with IC2 machines:

ohLQPOc.png

xTG041J.png

jqFdN3F.png

Just like that! It's pretty sweet, if you ask me!

People say that IC2 is dying out, considering Albaka's gone and all. As you can see, this deosn't mean IC2 can't still get better! I wonder what other cool improvements we'll get soon, like the Miner and Pump upgrades.

iconmaster

Jul 29, 2019
"First valid side" is going to need testing and explanation in the wiki.
Yeah, I can see where this might be failing compared to TE output... Although it would probably derp up if there's more than 2 possible outputs, it's very smart about ejection (it will only eject smeltable things into the Furnace, for example).

So, the version of advanced machines that the modpack makers approve of accepts upgrades, this means asking a bit more coding from them, wonder if we're going to get it.

Yeah, I just checked with AtomicStryker's Advanced Machines and they don't seem to eject items. Looks like it's going to have to get an update soon...

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
If they allow us to hold the upgrade and Shift+Right Click to set it only one side, would be pretty.

Alice

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad they are adding this, but TE still has the upper hand for me.

Also .... updating & modernizing their vanilla textures would make a world of difference!

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
It's not that great of an improvement, since vanilla hoppers work with them.
I'd rather have BuildCraft step up their game and make wooden pipes that don't require redstone engines.

Ryiah

Jul 29, 2019
This to me is a really cool thing that's an improvement on IC2 design.
At this point pretty much anything is going to be an improvement on IC2. It is nice for the occasional machine that isn't available from other mods but otherwise it just isn't enough. Thermal Expansion's UI plus the features it supports without the need to build "upgrades" are simply too much for me to give up unless I just feel like doing something different.

Reactions: RedBoss

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
It's not that great of an improvement, since vanilla hoppers work with them.
I'd rather have BuildCraft step up their game and make wooden pipes that don't require redstone engines.

There's Autarchic Gates for that, and also denoflions DenPipes which has automatic Wood/Emerald pipes that effectively have the 'Autarchic' part built in, so you can provide the pump or extract command to them with any other gate.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech automatic machines have been doing this for ages.
AND they can be powered by UE.

So eh, nothing too special.

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
Not necessarily. I've yet to find another mod that does anything like the Recycler or the Mass Fab.
My main issue with GregTech isn't something wrong with it as such, just that there's so much stuff I don't see the point to, whether in machines, some of the mechanics, or just in general. At most I use the energy storage, rarely the Matter Fab, and the Industrial Blast Furnace. Aside from some of the cheaper recipes (Ruby and Sapphire in Energy and Lapotron Crystals) there's nothing else I need or want from it.

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
That would make autharchic gates completely obsolete though.
That's completely illogical. The main advantage of the gates is that they can do the pulsing with different conditions. . If you don't use those conditions, maybe you don't have complex builds, that makes no use of them.

Not necessarily. I've yet to find another mod that does anything like the Recycler or the Mass Fab.
My main issue with GregTech isn't something wrong with it as such, just that there's so much stuff I don't see the point to, whether in machines, some of the mechanics, or just in general. At most I use the energy storage, rarely the Matter Fab, and the Industrial Blast Furnace. Aside from some of the cheaper recipes (Ruby and Sapphire in Energy and Lapotron Crystals) there's nothing else I need or want from it.
g h What you don't like in GT is that he says " you need a lot of work to get something done, just because it should be hard". We play on a server that, beyond using GT, we use harder config for everything else, and removing any kind of transmutation.

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
I never said I had a problem with the different and sometimes more expensive recipes. I just said I don't find much point to many of the parts, and how little I find a use for.

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
There is no goal, just as there is no goal for the other mods. IC2 is useful in all its machines if you don't use any of the other mods. When you add other mods, those machines becomes optional. Just as who uses Railcraft for transferring items in long distance? I do. There's a need for it? Make it harder. Also, trains are cool

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
That's completely illogical. The main advantage of the gates is that they can do the pulsing with different conditions. . If you don't use those conditions, maybe you don't have complex builds, that makes no use of them.

What I've seen sofar is that most people use them as a space-efficient replacement for engines and they work well for that. For those people it would make them obsolete. That isn't 'illogical' in the slightest.[DOUBLEPOST=1372000805][/DOUBLEPOST]
What you don't like in GT is that he says " you need a lot of work to get something done, just because it should be hard".

Not this discussion again. Making something require more steps and materials in fabrication isn't hard, just tedious. It's funny to see all these people "setting X to hard" while all they do is waste the precious time they have.

Reactions: RedBoss

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
What I've seen sofar is that most people use them as a space-efficient replacement for engines and they work well for that. For those people it would make them obsolete. That isn't 'illogical' in the slightest.[DOUBLEPOST=1372000805][/DOUBLEPOST]

Not this discussion again. Making something require more steps and materials in fabrication isn't hard, just tedious. It's funny to see all these people "setting X to hard" while all they do is waste the precious time they have.

If most people uses the Gates just for Always on pulsing, they can use the other automatic pipe and done. The good thing in FTB is that you have at least 3 alternatives to do exactly the same job.

Oh, your time is so precious that you are gaming. And don't impose your folly argument that it's just "tedious" for everyone. Requiring more steps means more space, that means being space efficient, more materials, being cost efficient, and more time, that means you need to have focused goals. We use extra mods not seen in the FTB community because we play because we want to spend time while having hard challenges. And for now, into the MC Modding universe, these are the hardest challenges they have delivered to us, except for making complex build just for the sake of making them (which everyone does in Vanilla or here).

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
If most people uses the Gates just for Always on pulsing, they can use the other automatic pipe and done. The good thing in FTB is that you have at least 3 alternatives to do exactly the same job.

Still doesn't make it okay to just try to one-up other mods in the pack. It would be good if some mod authors would spend more time adding new interesting stuff instead of adding their own 'slighty better' version of what already exists.

Oh, your time is so precious that you are gaming. And don't impose your folly argument that it's just "tedious" for everyone. Requiring more steps means more space, that means being space efficient, more materials, being cost efficient, and more time, that means you need to have focused goals. We use extra mods not seen in the FTB community because we play because we want to spend time while having hard challenges. And for now, into the MC Modding universe, these are the hardest challenges they have delivered to us, except for making complex build just for the sake of making them (which everyone does in Vanilla or here).

Yes my time is precious. I hope one day you'll realize that time is actually the only thing that really is. But anyway, keep pretending that just adding time to a task makes it harder. Fine by me, I don't have to pretend :)

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
Still doesn't make it okay to just try to one-up other mods in the pack. It would be good if some mod authors would spend more time adding new interesting stuff instead of adding their own 'slighty better' version of what already exists.

Yes my time is precious. I hope one day you'll realize that time is actually the only thing that really is. But anyway, keep pretending that just adding time to a task makes it harder. Fine by me, I don't have to pretend :)

Agree, I'd prefer to see people adding new stuff instead of better.

Again "time... important..." and you are playing. What you do with your time that is so important? Time is life brother, but life isn't time. Living is important.