I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I set up a new modpack, and was testing mod compatibility. I grabbed a rotarycraft extractor, set it up correctly, and started testing ores one at a time by putting them in my inventory.

Iron, no issue.

Gold, no issue.

Cobalt, no issue.

Ardite, no issue.

Firestone... Oh god why is this forest on fire make it stop!
Heh yeah, got loads of them piling up in my random items ME buffers usually. To preformat a disk for them would require running a cable far far away to a place with no combustibles and then do the preformatting :p

Reactions: gold49

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I was fixing keybind conflicts and must've accidentally turned on touchscreen mode. That was a pain to figure out, I was starting to pick through recent mods with a fine-toothed comb...

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
*Throws golden bag of holding full of end game Botania stuff instead of a crafting table at a hungry node*

shocked_zpshrj0t0k7.jpg

*Bows head in moment of silence....

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
Ender Pouches.. Always Ender Pouches...
Just make sure you don't accidentally use the colour code for the input chest of your garbage disposal system (in the case that you're using an ender chest for that).
Fortunately I haven't done this yet (although it would be pretty obvious if I did it by accident since said chest is always crammed full of stone - although my quarry is almost finished running so it's going to wind up empty soon).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just make sure you don't accidentally use the colour code for the input chest of your garbage disposal system (in the case that you're using an ender chest for that).
Fortunately I haven't done this yet (although it would be pretty obvious if I did it by accident since said chest is always crammed full of stone - although my quarry is almost finished running so it's going to wind up empty soon).
I never have such a thing. I am even scared of having Trash Cans standing about :p
I have my ME network set up with automatic overflow handling using Priority instead. This way I never have to interact with the thing that deletes the excess items and therefore no mistakes.
Example:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...guide-collection-etc.42664/page-2#post-587528

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
I never have such a thing. I am even scared of having Trash Cans standing about :p
I have my ME network set up with automatic overflow handling using Priority instead. This way I never have to interact with the thing that deletes the excess items and therefore no mistakes.
Example:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...guide-collection-etc.42664/page-2#post-587528
I dispose of items in a similar way, where everything enters my ME system through an interface and it is the overflow items that end up being junked, but currently the only block that actually gets disposed of intentionally is Stone, for the sake of producing scrap and singularities. I might have some other "junk" still set to be disposed as well, but it's specific materials that are being farmed such as mob drops and the like that ended up overflowing 1k cells. I've since started piling those items into DSUs.

Right now I have DSUs for everything that I have accumulated a lot of, a few 64k cells for broad categories of items (e.g. one for ingots, one for gems and other resources, one for ores, one for mob drops, etc.) that I don't have enough of to be worth sticking in their own DSU, 1k's for stone and cobble (overflow cobble goes to an autocrafter that compresses them), and 4k's for the miscellaneous random junk that I end up acquiring (originally were 1k's). These "miscellaneous random junk" cells are in the lowest priority drives. If one fills up completely (red light) I will usually throw it in an ME chest to see what's filling it up. If it's many of a single item taking up tons of space, I'll throw down a DSU for it. Afterwards, I'll throw the full cell into an IO port to redistribute its contents. If this keeps on filling other cells, I end up considering upgrading the cells to the next tier (1k to 4k, to 16k, etc.), which I can easily afford at my current point.

For certain things I might set up the storage at a remote connection (connected via quantum bridge) instead of within my base. So I have one drive for the Botania flowers in my Botania room, and the drive for my Thaumic Energistics essentia drives in my Thaumcraft room.

My base also looks ugly as crap and is disorganized as hell due to the gradual way I built it up from the start of my world, although I try to bunch things together where possible. So, for example, my ore processing is in one area, my IC2 stuff is mainly in one area, power gen in one area, etc. I also move stuff around where it's convenient. So, for example, I started Botania just for converting redstone to glowstone, and the setup was in my base, but I have since moved the setup to a separate area once I decided to develop it, which I access through teleportation. I also moved my automated AE inscriber setup from floor B1 (the main processing floor with my ore processing, most of the autocrafting, and IC2 stuff) to my lowest basement, which I think is B5 (joining my BC assembly table and my automated AE pure crystal growing setup).

Basically, my really derpy main base is:
3: RFTools teleport/dimension room (currently just has one machine to feed unknown dimlets to, a drive to store them (separate from my main ME network), and a teleporter (set up for two-way travel to any of my other teleporters).
2: Vanilla enchantment table, anvil, TiC stuff and Mystcraft stuff.
1: Mass fabricator setup, MFSU charge pad, an armour stand, thermal expansion machines, and QED. Most of my other crap has moved to other areas.
B1: AE2 main storage, random floating crafting CPUs, molecular assemblers, ore processing, IC2, etc.
B2: Power generation infrastructure, stuff that processes sludge and sewage, automated Ender IO alloy smelting, Thaumcraft treasure bag opener, and a system that filters the loot from my mob farms (deletes damaged equipment, sends enchanted equipment to be disenchanted, and sends the rest to storage).
B3: Water and steam tanks, DSUs, quantum ring, and a portal to Runic Dungeons (I plan to use the room for other dimensions such as TF; I don't have a vanilla Nether portal in my base anymore).
B4: DE energy storage multiblock, with an Ender IO capacitor bank when I need to charge stuff, and tesseracts to send the power about.
B5: Assembly table, crystal growth accelerators, inscribers.

(I'm assuming I didn't miss anything)

If I add a B6 it will be at bedrock level and be used for MFR laser drills.

Maybe one of these days I should just straight up build a second main base somewhere, plan it out in a nice and organized fashion, stick the behind the scenes stuff (such as ore processing) somewhere remote, and move all my shit over. So basically the "house" would contain all the stuff I would actually interact with, and a remote location would keep all the fully automated stuff, with me only accessing it for maintenance purposes, such as if something goes wrong or if I want to expand the setup.

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I spend way too much time keeping my AE system neat and orderly. Got into the habit of having a main system where the configured drives are, and a subsystem where all the unsorted junk goes and every so often I empty out the subsystem by trashing things or finding a drive for them.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Just want to point out railcraft boilers do this too
Railcraft is also the mod which thinks multiple-hour heat-up times are a great idea. :p
Whether that's true is not for this thread, but it is a very particular type of mod which errs on the side of "harder" and "grindier" which I think also describes GT.

TheMagikarpGuy

Jul 29, 2019
Went on and made a mob farm.
I chose a spot in my void world aaand...
Three hours later I have a chestful of blue slime and like 140ish other drops. Yeah, guess my baked potato farm will be useless for a bit. Aand I have to build the farm in any chunk apart that exact one which spawned slimes.
@BrickVoid There are few specific chunks with blue slime in their spawn roster.

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Went on and made a mob farm.
I chose a spot in my void world aaand...
Three hours later I have a chestful of blue slime and like 140ish other drops. Yeah, guess my baked potato farm will be useless for a bit. Aand I have to build the farm in any chunk apart that exact one which spawned slimes.

I thought blue slime mobs were supposed to spawn from the blue slime pool itself, not the chunks it's generated in? If you get a portable tank and a pump or bucket and take away the blue slime liquid, does that not stop blue slimes from spawning there?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid