I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
Does mixing up iron and Invar in the crafting recipe for a harvester in ag2 count I was getting annoyed at it till I had a good look at the recipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
Tried to make a cobble gen with Extra utilities.
didn't know you needed a world interaction upgrade. half my test world is gone.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Last night I was idly doing some landscaping, I looked over at my storage tanks and noticed that my mob essence tank had almost emptied itself.

That had been full the previous day.

I was puzzled as to what could cause this, so I did a mental checklist of all the things I have that use it (there are two: the villager spawner in my well of suffering and the livestock spawners in my meat-packing plant).

So I headed over to the abattoir and immediately my FPS crashed. Turns out i'd left the thing running overnight and my "free-range" area was filled to bursting with chickens!

Note to self: need deactivation timer...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Last night I was idly doing some landscaping, I looked over at my storage tanks and noticed that my mob essence tank had almost emptied itself.

That had been full the previous day.

I was puzzled as to what could cause this, so I did a mental checklist of all the things I have that use it (there are two: the villager spawner in my well of suffering and the livestock spawners in my meat-packing plant).

So I headed over to the abattoir and immediately my FPS crashed. Turns out i'd left the thing running overnight and my "free-range" area was filled to bursting with chickens!

Note to self: need deactivation timer...
MFR Mob Counter!
http://ftbwiki.org/Mob_Counter
Just set it to cut off when there are more than a certain amount of mobs in its area.

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
I made a Draconic Staff of Power, and I tested all the various things. Then, I misplaced a block. In my base.
I usually end up disabling the mining function (by setting speed to 0) when I'm not using it for excavating large areas. Also very useful when you want to attack mobs without destroying all the blocks in the area. Then when I need to dig individual blocks I just use a pick/shovel.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, harvesting is easy enough, its automating that's a pain. Steve's Carts works, but the carts' inventories are so tiny that they might as well not even be there. I'm fairly certain RotaryCraft does 'em...might end up going with that, instead.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
... which makes me realize I've never tested: Does a dispenser (not a dropper) plant saplings? And if not, why not?

In vanilla at least, no. Only Mojang knows, but my money is either they just don't want it or it is for balance (fully automated tree farms that need no afking anyone?)

Turtles and block placer from most mods should be able to plant them though.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
... which makes me realize I've never tested: Does a dispenser (not a dropper) plant saplings? And if not, why not?

It does, in the more recent versions of Minecraft. Unfortunately, this isn't the version Forge and other core mods are based around, therefore that code technically doesn't exist in 1.7-based mods yet. It might exist in 1.8- and 1.9-based mods, but you'll have to wait until those Forge and other core mods versions get updated to use those versions of Minecraft. Modders usually release their mods for a particular version of Forge so as to ensure as few compatibility issues arise as is possible. Also, a lot of modders are skipping 1.8 and jumping into 1.9, so you might not see very many 1.8 based mods in the near future. Hope that helps.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So I set up my Terrestrial Agglomeration plate, got my mana pool fed by a nicely automated system feeding lava to floating thermalilies, set up a pair of sparks to speed up the mana flow from one to the other.

Everything all working and nice.

I waited until my pool got over halfway, then excitedly dropped the required items onto the plate and watched as the magic began to happen.

Then before I know what's happening my gatherer golems have run up the stairs and grabbed the items off the plate, ruining everything and wasting a ton of mana into the bargain...

...turns out I built my botania setup just a little too close to my magical crops farm the golems are meant to be looking after.

I will have words with the irksome little buggers.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I set up a new modpack, and was testing mod compatibility. I grabbed a rotarycraft extractor, set it up correctly, and started testing ores one at a time by putting them in my inventory.

Iron, no issue.

Gold, no issue.

Cobalt, no issue.

Ardite, no issue.

Firestone... Oh god why is this forest on fire make it stop!