I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
As for my derps, one recent one was making a ruby Tinker's Construct Excavator with a blue slime handle. After figuring out the recipe for blue slime material, I decided to go mining some dirt with it, and had some mossy cobble laying aroud, thought to myself "Good I'll slap auto-repair on this tool" - ended up having more blue slimeballs than I knew what to do with after digging a lot of dirt! :D Fortunately, it wasn't that bad, just that tools with the Blue Slime material have a chance of spawning blue slimes when used! The slimes die easily and drop blue slimeballs. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Flat lot of good that did you - got any pics to share? :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Modefied it a bit since. There was a router on the empty slot before too.
Wireless transport of EU:
KCBKek2.png

Had the signs sitting opposite of each other. Alternated them now.
Problem was not just limited to this, I had the same thing going on at the receiving end(somewhat matching this). So the Ultimate Lappacks I am using were going all over the place, while I just thought they were getting destroyed somehow.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to make signalum in a smeltery without disabling molten conductive metal.

E: Speaking of, how would one go about completely disabling it so I can make signalum in a smeltry?

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Conductive metal? Isn't it iron and Redstone?
And isn't signalum made of copper, silver, and Redstone?

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Conductive metal is redstone and just about any metal. There's a recipe conflict with it and signalum. Both the copper and silver wil turn to conductive metal before turning into signalum.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
When it's cast it turns into red alloy ingots from project red, I didn't see a config to disable it though

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
WHAT MOD IS THE BLOODY CONDUCTIVE METAL FROM?!

If it outputs Red Alloy Ingots, you might want to remove ProjRed Compat

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
It makes ingots from project red. Therefore my guess would be project red. If it is in fact not project red, then I will need to do more research, as I don't see a tooltip while it's still in the smeltery. I don't think the caps were needed.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, again follow my edit. Remove Project Red Compatibility module. Or look into that set of configs.

Aha. Staring at the wiki, if it says "Conductive Redmetal", it's from Project Red Compatibility. There might be a config option, not sure.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Time torches+mobs early game at your spawn point is a really bad idea. I am now hiding in a hole that is 1x2 hiding from about 50 zombies and my ears are also destroyed.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
regrowth pack. one of the early vital gateway quests is the botania runic altar. 5 living stone and a mana pearl.
you get an ender pearl as a reward for the prior quest, so ok. drop it in the mana pool, get a mana pearl, going good.
I make a mana tablet instead of the altar. 8 living rock around the mana pearl. :confused::(
now I have to go kill an enderman. and since I don't have an altar, I am basically stuck farming potatoes, essence, and compost.
about 5 hours later, I kill a proper enderman, get an enderpearl as a quest reward, no actual drops. ok, I can now move on with the pack!:D
instead of dropping it in the mana pool, I throw it. o_O:eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

at this point I just cheated myself an ender pearl in, I am not going to spend RL days waiting to find another enderman.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
regrowth pack. one of the early vital gateway quests is the botania runic altar. 5 living stone and a mana pearl.
you get an ender pearl as a reward for the prior quest, so ok. drop it in the mana pool, get a mana pearl, going good.
I make a mana tablet instead of the altar. 8 living rock around the mana pearl. :confused::(
now I have to go kill an enderman. and since I don't have an altar, I am basically stuck farming potatoes, essence, and compost.
about 5 hours later, I kill a proper enderman, get an enderpearl as a quest reward, no actual drops. ok, I can now move on with the pack!:D
instead of dropping it in the mana pool, I throw it. o_O:eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

at this point I just cheated myself an ender pearl in, I am not going to spend RL days waiting to find another enderman.
With me it was kind the opposite way.

Thinking I was being smart, I used my mana pearl from the enderman quest to craft a runic altar even before the quests asked for it and then some quest required something that needed a mana pearl. Spent 3 hours chasing endermans. Killed 6, not one dropped a single pearl. Stole some pearl essence from a friend on the server :p