I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

His_Majesty

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to get the launcher to work, and then noticing that the game was already running in a different desktop. Such a derp... Might be W10's fault though.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I underestimated how long it would take to merge two Thaumcraft nodes...the process is awfully slow, at least when you try to do it in an efficient way.
I went into creative mode and placed Tile Accelerators next to the nodes and it still took very long until the one was completely gone. So I've given up on that and instead just going to stop when the target node becomes large enough...which will take long enough.

Another derp was putting the nodes I want to merge too close to my wand recharge pedestal...meh, now I can't use it without disturbing the process

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
Finished making an RC fission reactor, tried a different design, and used ammonia. Filled the boilers up with lots in reserve. Checked and double-checked. Hit the switch for the uranium pellets to flow in. Half of it blew up almost instantly. Most of the fuel cores melted into deadly black goo that began eating away everything underneath. It happened so fast I could not even see what the heat was.

Last forge backup was one minute before reactor power-on :)

I think I will tear this down and began with a much smaller experiment.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Finished making an RC fission reactor, tried a different design, and used ammonia. Filled the boilers up with lots in reserve. Checked and double-checked. Hit the switch for the uranium pellets to flow in. Half of it blew up almost instantly. Most of the fuel cores melted into deadly black goo that began eating away everything underneath. It happened so fast I could not even see what the heat was.

Last forge backup was one minute before reactor power-on :)

I think I will tear this down and began with a much smaller experiment.
Hah, lucky ^^
I think I better make a backup as well before turning a reactor on when I build one

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
I hooked up a Rotarycraft gas turbine to four furnaces (via a 16:1 gearbox and some shaft juntions in split mode). Worked beautifully and blisteringly fast, but I forgot to place down some vacuum hoppers...

orbs.png

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
What was the temp on the heaters, and was the 16:1 gearing for speed or torque? I ask because, if it goes above the 1350C needed for tungsten, then I might have an upgrade for my current system on my hands.

[ETA]

Also, world rifts help make gas turbines a LOT safer. I can use an ender tank to give 'em fuel, block 'em off with iron bars, and put a world rift on the output to transfer the energy, allowing me to place the turbine underground where it can't suck people/things/whatever in, but still give enough space so it can vent exhaust.

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
What was the temp on the heaters, and was the 16:1 gearing for speed or torque? I ask because, if it goes above the 1350C needed for tungsten, then I might have an upgrade for my current system on my hands.

OK, a bit of maths:
  • Friction heater gives a temp of 12 * log2(speed) * log2(torque) + 30
  • Gas turbine gives 1024 Nm @ 65536 rad/s
  • Add a 16:1 gearbox (diamond or bedrock!) in torque mode: 16384 Nm @ 4096 rad/s
  • Split that 4 ways with 3 shaft junctions and a couple of bevel gears: 4 * (4096 Nm @ 4096 rad/s)
  • 12 * log2(4096) * log2(4096) + 30 = 12 * 12 * 12 + 30 = 1758 C
  • 1758 C = stupidly fast smelting :)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
:O You, my friend, may have just given me something immensely useful. Especially if I want to make a bunch of reactors, since smelting regular tungsten takes FOREVER if you're only running at minimum acceptable temperature, and you need tungsten to make turbines.

Reactions: desht

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
:O You, my friend, may have just given me something immensely useful. Especially if I want to make a bunch of reactors, since smelting regular tungsten takes FOREVER if you're only running at minimum acceptable temperature, and you need tungsten to make turbines.
:)

As it turned out, Vacuum Hoppers are completely unable to keep up with the XP orb rate, but the RotaryCraft Item Vacuum handles them like a champ, given a modest 64kW input...

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Not too bad, but the other day I put a bunch of iron into a metal former to make plates, except it was on wire making mode...

Luckily I caught it before it made too many.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

VKyuss789

Jul 29, 2019
Don't build your tree farm right next to you giant redwood tree base. Came back to not tree just machines and wires floating in the air. Thought it was a bug so rolled back the server.... Happened again but realised what had happen.... Accepted defeat and rebuilt out of chisel cobble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoobPlaysMC

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to make signalum in a smeltery without disabling molten conductive metal.

E: Speaking of, how would one go about completely disabling it so I can make signalum in a smeltry?
You have to fuel the smeltery with liquid blazing pyrotheum to smelt Redstone

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't Pyrotheum the liquid that sets fire to anything, turns sand into glass in-world, etc?

(I don't use it; I'm going from memory of what I was told back when a friend was showing off their AgSkies build)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't Pyrotheum the liquid that sets fire to anything, turns sand into glass in-world, etc?

(I don't use it; I'm going from memory of what I was told back when a friend was showing off their AgSkies build)
Yes, and it is BEAUTIFUL. Ever used it to find the gooey, goblin centre of a dark Twilight forest? It MELTS through those obscenely hard-to-cut leaves. Just wipes them the hell out, and I love it.