Hurst's Direwolf20 Single Play Blog...

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Hey all... New here and figured I would start a place to keep my adventures and pics. Presently playing Direwolf20's latest Mod Pack and presently using the Fanver Texture Pack, but still looking for another.

My randomly created world ended up being an island. After some minor exploring, I mined out a small area and started a mining station. I noticed that Beds can be colored when crafted and the these mob spawns seem to be a bit more aggressive than before...
2016-11-19_00.04.10.png

Just up to the point where I have a Smeltery and a Wheat Farm going. The worms are a welcomed addition for the farms! In the background is the framework of what may become my final Base.... Kind of a 9x9 set-up...

2016-11-18_23.32.39.png

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I really like living on islands. It's always more fun to do things with and it's easier to light the thing up than to light a continent.

Reactions: masterzh
H

Hurst_Quayzar

Out and about today. Did some mining but then wanted to explore my surroundings. "Morph" hasn't been updated and consequentially not in the Mod Pack. So how to travel somewhat safely? By Boat! Yes, I ventured out and about to see what was surrounding me. Good News, I am not on an island as I suspected before... Bad News... "PIRATES!" And yes, if you get too close, they will fire on you!

2016-11-19_13.46.13.png

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Get behind it, and chop a hole in the stern. That'll take you straight to the chests, and then force the pirates to group up. Bring a Tinker's Scythe if you can.

Thanks for the intel... LOL!
As far as my boat is concerned, it will be my main mode of transportation during this adventure. I needed to give it a home as well...

2016-11-21_20.08.47.png

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Decided to get some Botania up and running. Appears that Dayblooms are a thing of the past, so endoflames it will be. However, I am lacking some light grey flowers. So I am at a stand still for now.
2016-11-22_19.49.37.png

And I have roofed my new place. Need to move in soon.
2016-11-22_20.07.25.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Tianyulong

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Decided to get some Botania up and running. Appears that Dayblooms are a thing of the past, so endoflames it will be.

Vazkii is really changing up Botania and adding things to it constantly. I'm subbed to his updates on Curseforge, and I bet I get 5-6 emails a week where he's updated either Botania, Quark, or Psi. Dayblooms and Nightshades are gone. Hydroangeas (spelling?) are the best temp flowers as they require no maintenance. Their drawback is that they die after 3 in-game days.

If you're short on flowers, set up a Jaded Amaranthus with a Drum of the Wild and either use a mana blaster or automate a pulse mana spreader with a redstone clock and you'll be overflowing in flowers within 5 minutes. Very simple to do if you get a little mana at the start.

Reactions: Hurst_Quayzar
H

Hurst_Quayzar

Botania up and running...
2016-11-23_22.21.32.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JaRyCu
H

Hurst_Quayzar

I have done some decent mining and have ventured out a bit. The main goal has been to find different trees for different wood. Before I move into the new building, I need to figure out my storage situation and sorting as well. Storage Drawers might be the way I need to go. Never played with that mod, so it might get interesting. Also. without JABBA, I see that moving my present storage will be a huge undertaking.

Also, with all the seeds I have acquired, I need to find a good spot to place a few small farms... So much to do, so little time. :D

On a side note, I have also started diving into the Actually Additions Mod pack. Nice to be able to double my ore and this laser is crazy.
2016-11-25_09.31.41.png

H

Hurst_Quayzar

This is the first time I have used "Storage Drawers". Seems slightly restrictive, but we shall see. Found a decent video on YouTube and starting to sort and store. So without further delay... Introducing "The Kitchen". The core area of any Base. It's the food supply and cooking area. And with Actually Additions, a Coffee maker. ;)
2016-11-25_23.20.50.png

Last edited:
Reactions: PierceSG and JaRyCu

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
This is the first time I have used "Storage Drawers". Seems slightly restrictive, but we shall see. Found a decent video on YouTube and starting to sort and store. So without further delay... Introducing "The Kitchen". The core area of any Base. It's the food supply and cooking area. And with Actually Additions, a Coffee maker. ;)

Although your kitchen looks amazing, you're restricting yourself by not connecting the drawers together. There's a metal block called a drawer controller. If you make one of those and have it connected to all of the other drawers, you can right click it and it'll take everything you're holding and put it into the right drawer slot, assuming there is one for the items. There's a max range for the connection, which I think is 12 blocks in any direction, so it pays to have it centralized. There are also "empty" blocks that look like flooring or walls and can connect the drawers together.

If you build the Botania Corporea System, AE2 ME Network, or a Refined Storage system, you can hook them all to the controller and the systems will be able to push or pull items into and out of the system. There's also a compacting drawer that will show you the nugget, ingot, and block version of all metals, or the single/double/triple compressed versions of dirt, sand, and cobble, etc. As simple as Storage Drawers, looks, it has a ton of power built into it. :cool:

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Although your kitchen looks amazing, you're restricting yourself by not connecting the drawers together. There's a metal block called a drawer controller. If you make one of those and have it connected to all of the other drawers, you can right click it and it'll take everything you're holding and put it into the right drawer slot, assuming there is one for the items. There's a max range for the connection, which I think is 12 blocks in any direction, so it pays to have it centralized. There are also "empty" blocks that look like flooring or walls and can connect the drawers together.

If you build the Botania Corporea System, AE2 ME Network, or a Refined Storage system, you can hook them all to the controller and the systems will be able to push or pull items into and out of the system. There's also a compacting drawer that will show you the nugget, ingot, and block version of all metals, or the single/double/triple compressed versions of dirt, sand, and cobble, etc. As simple as Storage Drawers, looks, it has a ton of power built into it. :cool:

I have been looking into the automated way of doing it with "Storage Drawers". And yea, That Compacting Drawer looks ideal for the metals. Thinking I may keep the kitchen area manually operated for now. The more I play with it, the more I will build and expand I'm sure.:D

Reactions: JaRyCu
H

Hurst_Quayzar

Well, as life would have it... I have been pretty busy. But, I have been able to do a few things... Got a small farm for rice, hemp, beetroot and coffee, started moving into my main building and a fenced in area for some cows later. Started doing a little sorting using the "Compacting Drawer" and evaluating my space and storage needs. I may have built my place a little too small, but I can always build a basement...

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
One useful thing to know about Storage Drawers, is Packing Tape. Three paper and a slimeball of just about any kind, and it'll let you seal the drawers so you can move them without spilling the contents. Moving wands work, but you can't rotate them.

The default reach of the controller is 12 blocks, but it can be changed in the configs, and I believe a controller slave will give it more reach, though I've occasionally been told I was wrong about it. On the other hand, if you upgrade to AE2, or Refined Storage, and connect to the controller, with a storage bus or external storage, you can even bury the drawers in the ground and never have to look at them again if you prefer the clean look.

H

Hurst_Quayzar

One useful thing to know about Storage Drawers, is Packing Tape. Three paper and a slimeball of just about any kind, and it'll let you seal the drawers so you can move them without spilling the contents. Moving wands work, but you can't rotate them.

The default reach of the controller is 12 blocks, but it can be changed in the configs, and I believe a controller slave will give it more reach, though I've occasionally been told I was wrong about it. On the other hand, if you upgrade to AE2, or Refined Storage, and connect to the controller, with a storage bus or external storage, you can even bury the drawers in the ground and never have to look at them again if you prefer the clean look.

Thanks for the info. I did see the packing tape but haven't tried it yet. As soon as I figure out how I want to arrange things it'll be easier. The 12 blocks limitation, is that 6 to either side of it or 12 to the right and 12 to the left?