How to taint and control tainted areas?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
As an aside, does eerie end up turning purple? I've only seen it grey-ish. Dark and mostly colorless. I either wreck the nearest node that I can tell might be causing it(pillars or those fancy structures that appear on hills usually) or stay clear if it's not near my house.

Anyway, I need some iced tea...

And maybe a gravel gun.

Saberwulfy

Jul 29, 2019
Taint spread very slow, trees smelt, spiders spawners are random, and seems dont respawn when broke

Taint isnt a plague, taint is dying in world, we need cultivate!

Last edited:

Cocofang

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard Antimatter or Strange matter Missiles from ICBM might work quite well :p

But if a bit of taint remains it has an entire crater with a shitloard of cave openings to spread in. that's actually soemthing I want to see :p

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
As an aside, does eerie end up turning purple? I've only seen it grey-ish. Dark and mostly colorless. I either wreck the nearest node that I can tell might be causing it(pillars or those fancy structures that appear on hills usually) or stay clear if it's not near my house.

Anyway, I need some iced tea...

And maybe a gravel gun.
Eerie doesn't really do much. I keep the node around and the area for fun. The only thing it does is spawn Furious Zombies when in low light to my knowledge as well as spawning in a dungeon chest in the obsidian temple-like structures. And yeah, it's only grey and dark and bleh in terms of color.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Eerie doesn't really do much. I keep the node around and the area for fun. The only thing it does is spawn Furious Zombies when in low light to my knowledge as well as spawning in a dungeon chest in the obsidian temple-like structures. And yeah, it's only grey and dark and bleh in terms of color.
I learned ages ago what eerie does, and where the obvious locations for it are, just was curious if it work turn the world purple(because Purple looks good if it ain't tainted IMO).
I dislike the grey coloration, but meh, take a magic Biome for my mana bean farm however I can.