How to produce massive RF?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

iMontouch

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there,

I searched over forums and youtube for a while now, but I didnt find a good way to produce very much RF.

Atm I supply 2 36HP (2x 1440 RF) with this:
JRBXcKc.png
I need one more farm to have a charcoal overflow. (I dont use the saplings yet, no idea how much biofuel it will produce?)

Anyways: What I am trying to do is generating way more than 50k RF/t. I know, that i simply could continue with this setup, but I want to make sure if i am going the best and most efficient way.

Any suggestions or ideas? :)

Last edited:

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there,

I searched over forums and youtube for a while now, but I didnt find a good way to produce very much RF.

Atm I supply 2 36HP (2x 1440 RF) with this:
JRBXcKc.png
I need one more farm to have a charcoal overflow. (I dont use the saplings yet, no idea how much biofuel it will produce?)

Anyways: What I am trying to do is generating way more than 50k RF/t. I know, that i simply could continue with this setup, but I want to make sure if i am going the best and most efficient way.

Any suggestions or ideas? :)
Big Reactor from Big Reactors
Steam Turbine from Big Reactors
Or, if you're feeling fancy:
ReactorCraft Reactor pumping into a Rotational Dynamo.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
What in the world do you need that much for? Not to mention that each network can, I believe, move a maximum of 2k per tick due to conduit restrictions.

That being said, I've been experimenting with Engineer's Toolbox solar panels lately. 16 are equal to one dynamo and they require no maintenance or fuel, although they do only function in sunlight, obviously.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Big reactors is the answer.
Also:
What in the world do you need that much for? Not to mention that each network can, I believe, move a maximum of 2k per tick due to conduit restrictions.

That being said, I've been experimenting with Engineer's Toolbox solar panels lately. 16 are equal to one dynamo and they require no maintenance or fuel, although they do only function in sunlight, obviously.
Wrong. The energy conduits can transmit infinite amounts of power. However, they can only input/output 10k rf/t per connection. So the more connections, more power can be input/output. This also applies for Ender IO conduits.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Big reactors is the answer.
Also:

Wrong. The energy conduits can transmit infinite amounts of power. However, they can only input/output 10k rf/t per connection. So the more connections, more power can be input/output. This also applies for Ender IO conduits.
Fair enough.

iMontouch

Jul 29, 2019
Oh you're right. I am in 1.6.4 .. Is there not any alternative to Redpower 2?

--> I am using RiM, so it should work?

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone in motion is just a tad buggy....
Nobody can replicate Redpower's frames...

Personally I found RiM superior in features to RP frames. This is coming from someone who made a very masssive frame bore world eater on several occasions. I have yet to really start using them despite them being in the pack. I'm not sure I really need them when I've got the mining laser from MFR, Mek digital miner, and extrabees. I gathered so much in 1.4.7 that in 1.6.4 I swore to only automate mining when I ran out of materials rather than just to keep the coffers full.

Reactions: rhn

budge

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't had any issues specifically with RiM. Some things mess up, like portal frames and wireless redstone receivers, but I don't know for sure it's RiM's fault. I really like the ability to control the carriage directly with a computer, and without the need for inchworm drives.

But with my two previous MFFS-based tunnel bores, server crashes and world corruption were common. Not sure if it's gotten any better since October, but I'm happy with RiM now.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't had any issues specifically with RiM. Some things mess up, like portal frames and wireless redstone receivers, but I don't know for sure it's RiM's fault. I really like the ability to control the carriage directly with a computer, and without the need for inchworm drives.

But with my two previous MFFS-based tunnel bores, server crashes and world corruption were common. Not sure if it's gotten any better since October, but I'm happy with RiM now.

Yea I'm apprehensive about crashing the server, but at least I got reliable backups every 8hrs with archived backups going back 10 days. Can never be too safe when it comes to hours of modded minecrafting.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
If you're playing Monster, you could try compact windmills. However, 50k RF/t is going to take some serious resources (iron).

I'm currently at a bit over 16 k RF/t with two EV mills. Those two were about 24k iron in total (and a bit of tin and rubber). Good news is that with iridium rotors, they are 100% maintenance free and doesn't require any fuel.

Running one or more max size QuarryPlus is a good way to get the iron, in combination with mass fabricator for iron ore.

iMontouch

Jul 29, 2019
I will have a look at those Reactors. Never used them before and atm they are not even in my pack.

For the frame I will use the MFFS (didnt even knew this was possible).

Compact windmills is another good idea. Iron wont be a problem, I have 300k in stock atm^^

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
On monster, a well build "Reactorcraft" reactor, like a Tokomak for example, should provide enough power to feed up to like 30 people machines.