How to generate 512 EU/t

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

2122000nrm

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I was I need of a lot of power on my DW server, so i built a HV solar. But now I decided I want more power.
(Eu) does anyone have suggestions that are not biomass, lava from the nether, tree farms, nuclear and solar?

DWLooney

Jul 29, 2019
make moar hv solars :p Also, steam boilers and some power conversion mod?

Also: if you don't like biomass, lava from nether, tree farms, nuclear or solar, then you're using the wrong mod for power :)

2122000nrm

Jul 29, 2019
Well I like solar, nuclear is a waste of materials, our server nether had to be reset because there were soo many lava blocks moving, biomass-did that before, want to try something else, same with tree farms. I'm trying to go preferably for generators, windmills, watermills, and anything tht is not too expensive and produces a great deal of energy

2122000nrm

Jul 29, 2019
Might give that another shot, tried it in another world, but didn't end up we'll because it was a small space in which they could not die quickly for the next set of blazes to spawn

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
The biggest most complex thermopile that there ever was to create 512k watts of power used to create lava used into thermogenerators to give you your 512 EU/t

At lest thats what I would do. But I'm crazy. Crazy like a Shoop.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
have you tried Blaze farm+Generators ?

This ^ or any solid fuel in generators for that matter. I generate 520 EU/t from 52 generators running on sawmilled planks from my SC tree farm. The wood powers a LP36 boiler generating 72 MJ/t and the surplus goes to the generators. Simple, effective and easy to set up.

<awaits people saying wood is OP and should be nerfed, etc>

Reactions: Katrinya

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
With DW20 you don't need blazes for blaze rods ( after you get the first. )

Macerate for 5 powder ( or pulverize for 6 ). Send this to a fabricator to combine 2 with a minium stone to make a blaze rod. Can't confirm itll work with a fabricator, but you get the idea. You just need to make sure to get a good supply of minium stones, which is fairly easy with a simple mob farm.

2122000nrm

Jul 29, 2019
This ^ or any solid fuel in generators for that matter. I generate 520 EU/t from 52 generators running on sawmilled planks from my SC tree farm. The wood powers a LP36 boiler generating 72 MJ/t and the surplus goes to the generators. Simple, effective and easy to set up.

<awaits people saying wood is OP and should be nerfed, etc>
Do you mind posting a picture of your Steve's cart farm?

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Well I like solar, nuclear is a waste of materials, our server nether had to be reset because there were soo many lava blocks moving, biomass-did that before, want to try something else, same with tree farms. I'm trying to go preferably for generators, windmills, watermills, and anything tht is not too expensive and produces a great deal of energy
How is nuclear a waste of materials?

Reactions: WatcherInTheShadows

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
my single small 15x15 Steve Cart's farm generates enough logs and saplings for
  • 2x 36HP solid fuel boilers, connected to 4 steam turbines for 400 EU/t
  • one fermenter producing biomass for 10 Biogas Engines (50 MJ/t), plus
  • 3 stills further refining to biofuel and feeding the third boiler (liquid 36 HP with 18 industrial steam engines - 144 MJ/t) and 12 combustion engines for a further 60 MJ/t.
I like to try everything in the mod packs :)

So that's a total 250 MJ plus 400 EU from tree farm to grid. With 4 full size quarries running, there's plenty on tap to feed 4 TE Pulverizor/Furnace combos and a pair each of of Industrial Grinders, Blast Furnaces, Electrolyzers and Centrifuges.

I also setup a few Magma Crucibles to 12 GT Thermal Generators, which can switched on when the quarry isnt running and I want to convert excess MJ into EU for the MatterFab

It was a lot of fun to setup and requires little maintenance ... just enough to feel like you earnt it. My 8 Advances solar panels are still sitting on the roof and havent been used in the last month.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
As an aside, after finally gathering enough resources (ie Ferrous and Rubies) to complete my lightning rod, I was disappointed to discover that the storms in a wasteland werent generating any strikes to the rod. (Yes, I had iron fences to y255)

So I moved the setup to a mystcraft age with Eternal Storms.

The results so far: 25 UUM in one hour 10 mins, which equates to about 420M EU or 5,000 EU/t. Now that's a lot of power.

The setup pictured (right to left, clockwise) is MatterFab, Lightning Rod, HV & LV transformers, MFE to a Recycler with transformer and 4 overclock upgrades, fed by three igneous extruders (which are only just keeping up with Matter Fab)

2h55llf.jpg

2122000nrm

Jul 29, 2019
my single small 15x15 Steve Cart's farm generates enough logs and saplings for
  • 2x 36HP solid fuel boilers, connected to 4 steam turbines for 400 EU/t
  • one fermenter producing biomass for 10 Biogas Engines (50 MJ/t), plus
  • 3 stills further refining to biofuel and feeding the third boiler (liquid 36 HP with 18 industrial steam engines - 144 MJ/t) and 12 combustion engines for a further 60 MJ/t.
I like to try everything in the mod packs :)

So that's a total 250 MJ plus 400 EU from tree farm to grid. With 4 full size quarries running, there's plenty on tap to feed 4 TE Pulverizor/Furnace combos and a pair each of of Industrial Grinders, Blast Furnaces, Electrolyzers and Centrifuges.

I also setup a few Magma Crucibles to 12 GT Thermal Generators, which can switched on when the quarry isnt running and I want to convert excess MJ into EU for the MatterFab

It was a lot of fun to setup and requires little maintenance ... just enough to feel like you earnt it. My 8 Advances solar panels are still sitting on the roof and havent been used in the last month.
Thanks, I've been looking for a good tree farm, but I already get A LOT of logs from my computercraft turtle, and my forestry tree farm set up, which needs dirt to run, but my peat farm won't produce enough, sooo the forestry tree farm is a pain to maintain + all my dirt goes to the recyclers.
As an aside, after finally gathering enough resources (ie Ferrous and Rubies) to complete my lightning rod, I was disappointed to discover that the storms in a wasteland werent generating any strikes to the rod. (Yes, I had iron fences to y255)

So I moved the setup to a mystcraft age with Eternal Storms.

The results so far: 25 UUM in one hour 10 mins, which equates to about 420M EU or 5,000 EU/t. Now that's a lot of power.

The setup pictured (right to left, clockwise) is MatterFab, Lightning Rod, HV & LV transformers, MFE to a Recycler with transformer and 4 overclock upgrades, fed by three igneous extruders (which are only just keeping up with Matter Fab)

2h55llf.jpg
But that's gregtech's Mass Fab, I can get 1 UU matter every 15 seconds with the IC2 Mass fab, and I use the scrap for additional power.
I was wanting to make another base in another location (for mining purposes) powered by cobble
(cobble->Scrap->Stirling engines/boiler/Generators) which sounds awesome at least to me:)

Reactions: RavynousHunter

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

Why are you MVing that, or even HVing that? If I remember correctly, the matter fabricator will accept up to 8196eu/t.

gregtech's Mass Fab

GregTech uses the Matter Fabricator (http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Matter_Fabricator), while IC2 uses the Mass Fabricator (http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Fabricator). Remember the difference between the two, as that'll keep your post from being confused and requiring you define each as either GT or IC2.

Besides that, 25 UU matter every hour and ten minutes is pretty damn excellent for a matter fabricator. You should look into using lightning rods.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Why are you MVing that, or even HVing that? If I remember correctly, the matter fabricator will accept up to 8196eu/t.

Just to be clear the matter fabricator will accept packet sizes up to 8196. It has no limit on the number of packets, so you can send well over 8196 EU/t to the machine.

He might be using a transformer as an easy way to limit the power going to the fabricator.