How to generate 512 EU/t

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

lolpierandom

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I have a container full of unprocessed propolis. Thing is, adding another refinery wouldn't help me any, I don't even use all the fuel the one makes, and my setup doesn't have a need for more power yet. To be honest, the system could probably run off just one hive most the time since I have my engines wired to shut off when the redstone batteries are full. Combustion engines and petroleum generators are both ridiculously fuel efficient.
Double your petrogen number and/or switch to a HP boiler (one alveary can power two fully heated HPs if I'm not mistaken), you'll eventually need to power, and it's free, so why not?

Invest a little steel and get a lot more in the future.

LastElf

Jul 29, 2019
Double your petrogen number and/or switch to a HP boiler (one alveary can power two fully heated HPs if I'm not mistaken), you'll eventually need to power, and it's free, so why not?

Invest a little steel and get a lot more in the future.

I'm running two alvearies of long/fast distilled per 36HP. Is there something I'm missing? Cause I've got 7 alvearies going now and space for another 29 on my way up to getting 12 boilers :p

Matok

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running two alvearies of long/fast distilled per 36HP. Is there something I'm missing? Cause I've got 7 alvearies going now and space for another 29 on my way up to getting 12 boilers :p
Are your boilers all the way heated up yet? They start off needing 8x the normal amount of fuel when cold and slowly get more efficient as they get to max temp. I've only ever messed with them in creative, never have gotten one all the way to max temp to see how efficient they end up being. I just didn't like how they suck up fuel while heating up.

LastElf

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, they've been fully heated for about a week now. But with 3 alvearies (lighting and rain shield) and two 36HP's I was making a loss of fuel. Not sure if it's cause I made them from rocky bees, there's no flowers nearby or what, but I'm only getting 5-10 combs per lifespan in a plains (void) biome.

2122000nrm

Jul 29, 2019
If you are still looking, I use the most a absurd setup. Blaze farm into generators :p
Yep, Still looking for absurd setups :p
Does anyone know a Nuclear Reactor set up that will (without maintenance) give me over 300 eu/t? Preferably not too terribly expensive

2122000nrm

Jul 29, 2019
hahaha, damn I like that, but thats craazzy expensive, especially for someone who just used most of his resources on 5 HV solars :p

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
No. I think you will have a hard time beating this design without maintenance or running cost:
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...rjnd7z8fdygtmwr17q6f88ujakr199k7lxppmsrqj9fy8
I don't see why you would build that over three 100 EU/t reactors?
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...qr867wl4ylcn4qdoix3yd83b78y8enonfoolys5g23280

The 100 EU/t design uses less fuel is more efficient and eyeballing the resource cost under a stack more expensive of copper/iron for an extra 15 EU/t.

To the OP you can make a maintenance free setup with bees as your uranium source. You could skip automating a breeder, which would greatly simplify the fuel path -- to automate a breeder (for 8x uranium cells, not bees) you would need something to manage the inventory by slot, which i think only turtles can do in the DW20 pack.

Reactions: Zjarek_S

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
you would need something to manage the inventory by slot, which i think only turtles can do in the DW20 pack.

The Sortron can. But... the sortron is as awkward to use as it is buggy. Can't Factorization also target inventory slots specifically?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Routers don't need upgrades for targeting specific inventory slot. However you need one for each slot when they work in this mode.

lolpierandom

Jul 29, 2019

Are your bees vetted with fastest speed and longest life?

It makes a pretty big difference (lifespan to a lesser extent).

LastElf

Jul 29, 2019
Are your bees vetted with fastest speed and longest life?

It makes a pretty big difference (lifespan to a lesser extent).
Still only long and fast. I haven't unlocked the Thaumic bees properly (Had a bug in the version I was breeding in. Will get back to work on it when I get back into breeding mood). So it's just the speed I got from cultivated.