How many of you play with keepInventory on?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you use the keepInentory rule?

• Yes

Votes: 29 34.1%
  • No

Votes: 56 65.9%

• Total voters

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I would consider moving to a different server, asb3pe. Doing such things without warning is bad style.

Reactions: RedBoss

shifuren

Jul 29, 2019
btw, is there any mod\config to make items completely dissapear on death? I mean not leaving them at death point\not in graveyard but way to completely lose them? This would be good mechanic for hard modpack

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I would consider moving to a different server, asb3pe. Doing such things without warning is bad style.

The server operator will hopefully re-imburse me for the lost items but I did ask if they could somehow insert a one-minute warning about the reboot, or something similar.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Speaking as the admin of a small (4-10 people) server, I keep the option off - and will not use anything like gravestones - because I have seen what happens when you do not. People get much more laid-back around hazards, and then when they lose other things to death (like CC abilities), they start asking for refunds. And then they complain when you tell them that getting sucked into a jet engine is not "the glitchy MC movements" or lag, but their own fault. That and how people start doing things like "I could fly back to my base, but that takes effort. Time to suicide and keep my inventory instead".

And now that I have it off, I have constant requests - often aggressive - to turn it on, "because Minecraft isn't about punishment".

It has gotten to the point where I have a hard time respecting that option or its use in a survival environment.

Reactions: PierceSG and Inaeo

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I've ever been accidentally sucked into is a stealth TC Hungry Node. Sure, it sucked (no pun intended) to replace my gear, but it made me more wary and attentive in the wild.

If you're quick about it, you can telepose (BM) one into a friend's basement for a good laugh. Not that I would do such a thing, or course...;)

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I've ever been accidentally sucked into is a stealth TC Hungry Node. Sure, it sucked (no pun intended) to replace my gear, but it made me more wary and attentive in the wild.

If you're quick about it, you can telepose (BM) one into a friend's basement for a good laugh. Not that I would do such a thing, or course...;)

Probably easier(and much less expensive) just to move it with the jar.

PS: this post in no way condones actually doing this to someone as that is an incredibly dick move;) funny yes...

I

icedsdcard

I just turned on keepInventory when I realized MPS parts are far too expensive to lose.

Vanilla minecraft doesn't have things that expensive, and games where you do usually don't take your stuff. I think of it like any other game.

But if I play something without anything like that, then I might turn it off, since I can make replacement tools.

I actually fought a mech(TacticalFrame mod) with a sword instead of my Signalum crossbow. It was...
Fun.

Also, inventory rearranging is not fun.
I might NEI-void mob drops when I die, for some balance.

Last edited:

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I no longer use KeepInventory on, as it does make me play more carelessly, from my own experience.

It also lowers the value of my railways and teleportation devices, as well as things that makes me go fastah! (e.g. red paint)

I also do find that losing inventory helps me in the way that I'll now craft newer tools instead of just sticking to the older ones.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
179809d1373210666t-apple-going-down-billions-tax-fraud-thread-necromancy.png

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Then why aren't you playing creative?

Or peaceful?

I'm not Ninja, but I don't mind fighting mobs. Heck, I even like it. But I don't feel like having to go back for my inventory every time I die, which I do a lot. Especially in early game.

Plus, setting up mob farms are fun.