How many of you play with keepInventory on?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Do you use the keepInentory rule?

• Yes

Votes: 29 34.1%
  • No

Votes: 56 65.9%

• Total voters

Jaari

Apr 30, 2015
I guess I'm "spoiled" when it comes to this, the first server I ever joined didn't have teleporting and dying resulted in item loss. Guess I'm used to doing things the difficult way...

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
nope and I dont use gravestone mod either. I rather be punished for dying even if it sometimes means I will say unladylike words at the computer when I lose my stuff specially with how expensive greg makes some of my tools. But that to me is part of the charm :)

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I use keepinventory. Modded Minecraft has some insanely expensive/rare items, and way too many bullshit ways to lose those items. Grave runs are great for vanilla Minecraft when the worst case scenario is an extra hour of mining to re-craft things, but if I have to permanently lose something like a fully upgraded TiCon tool or pouch full of TC foci because a glitchy mod teleported me into solid rock or the RNG thought an Infernal Giant Silverfish that poops Supercharged Nitro Creepers would be funny, I'm just not going to play anymore.

Gravestones + Death Waypoints is a good middleground, but my computer isn't very good, so I rarely get to play with minimaps these days. >.< (Who's hardcore now, elitists?!)

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I don't use keepInventory, but I do turn off mobGriefing. Mostly due to a bad habit of not actually building a base at the start and just having machines/chests sprawling out in the open, partly due to getting annoyed with Endermen messing up my lawn, and a little bit due to the fact that if I listen to music while playing I can't hear creepers hissing, which sucks when they sneak up on me.

I haven't really died while being at all advanced in a while, except for when I first encountered Ender Zoo Dire Wolves and didn't realize they weren't just dogs while wearing manasteel + a mid-tier armored Simply Jetpack. Those things hit freaking hard. Nowadays nothing really get nears me except bosses...TiCon crossbows are really, really good (.25 second reload, 30+ hearts of damage, way more accurate than a longbow.)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to be pretty dedicated to hardcore gameplay..... if I allow myself to keep a world after a death I tend to loose all interest......

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
If the pack i'm playing has gravestones i use that but otherwise i tend to have keep inventory on

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'd actually use a mod if it adds the feature of using keepInventory through a certain process.
for example buying a potion from a villager that you can drink, and after drinking it if you die, you respawn as if keepInventory is turned on.

but after you respawned you'll need to drink another potion if you want to respawn with your items again, otherwise you'll respawn without your items.

Reactions: Museli

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Was just thinking a mod that makes you keep "valuables" like TiCon tools or AM2 spellbooks, but drop the rest would be a nice middleground.

Reactions: icedsdcard

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Actually I wouldn't mind one that prevents your items from despawning. You can still lose them to other things [which is fair enough], but theres no artificial time limit or losing stuff to something outside of game context.
@SpitefulFox what about a mod that'll make player drops fully indestructible? They'll all be in a heap on the ground- so unless you fall out of the world they'll still be there.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I dont use the command but personally, I hate dying in modded because some of that equipment takes a lot of effort to craft and I dont play for the combat.
I'd argue that you're supposed to hate dying. I think that tension adds a lot to the gameplay.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I'd argue that you're supposed to hate dying. I think that tension adds a lot to the gameplay.
But when you die and get angry, are you angry at yourself for dying or at the game in general for having that as such a major mechanic? I would argue that hating dying is fine, but that that isn't what's going on here. :p

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
But when you die and get angry, are you angry at yourself for dying or at the game in general for having that as such a major mechanic? I would argue that hating dying is fine, but that that isn't what's going on here. :p
When I hate dying, short of a glitch, I hate having allowed myself to become vulnerable to attack. To a lesser extent I also bellyache about my system..... my lag in BnB can put me in very vulnerable positions.

I tend to keep backups for glitches, but thats about it.

But of course people play games for different reasons. For me its about tension, strategy, and the adrenalin rush when combat is neccesary.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
When I hate dying, short of a glitch, I hate having allowed myself to become vulnerable to attack. To a lesser extent I also bellyache about my system..... my lag in BnB can put me in very vulnerable positions.

I tend to keep backups for glitches, but thats about it.

But of course people play games for different reasons. For me its about tension, strategy, and the adrenalin rush when combat is neccesary.
True, true. I'm a "filthy casual" - to me, the engineering is it's own reward; dying is just a pain. :p

Reactions: PODonnell

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
But of course people play games for different reasons. For me its about tension, strategy, and the adrenalin rush when combat is necessary.

Pretty much this, and engineering oneself out of a fight- base design ties rather well into keeping oneself alive in the long haul. Dropping a quick defence and giving yourself the terrain advantage plays well underground; as caving gets a little interesting when your best weapon is a stone axe.

Reactions: PODonnell

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
I play with it off, but I have a bad habit of cheat the majority off my stuff back in if I loss it all to the timer/lava. I kinda enjoy the whole panic and rush that happens when you die honestly, but if I lose all my things I will rage quit for at least two weeks (has happened multiple times), so I cheat them in to continue playing.

Of course if you don't like the panic feeling and play with KeepInventory on, whatever, do what you like. Same for if you do not like cheating in stuff, I really do not care what you do in your world.

Kidsam

Jul 29, 2019
um.. what... when you die, it's difficult or impossible to recover your stuff even with gravestones... isnt that the point? if you die, you should have some sort of inconvinience