Horizons 1.0.9 and Monster 1.0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
With the release of these two updates, I highly recommend a world reset. There have been substantial changes to some of world generation for both packs as well as changes to BoP if you use that generation on its own, or with ATG. Continuing a world with either update is at your own risk.

That aside, I have been profiling the packs to find ways around the lag. As always, the link to my JVM arguments can be found in my signature. The start of the new year also starts some major revisions to these profiling against Monster. Do note, not everyone will get the same results from them, and some people may not receive any benefit (based on your computer specs.)

Horizons 1.0.8 and Monster 1.0.2 will NOT be moved to recommended. The versions being put on the launcher now, will be pushed to recommended on Thursday barring nothing unfortunate. If nothing else major shows its face, both packs should be pushed to stable (versions 1.1.x) within the next week or two.

Change Logs can be viewed here as always.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
It was when I just checked. It can take up to a half hour for all the repos to sync.

coolguy470

Jul 29, 2019
Just a question, what is the mod in monster that makes you use the tool for the item you are breaking. ex: dirt=shovel ONLY. I really want to disable this mod.

Paradisio

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this is appropriate: but great job. While I was slightly remiss to see one mod I enjoy get cut (probably do to TPS issues with tanks), my FPS in 1.0.3 of monster jumped substantially along with a couple other great mods being added to the pack. Keep up the good work guys :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Excellent news this and reading through the changelogs. Cant wait till Monster is out of beta(If I can wait that long) :p

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
@Eyamaz Hey, you said that you recommend a world reset because of the big changes of BOP. But within two weeks there will be another update which will be marked as stable. So do you think between the current latest build and the coming stable build will happen a lot of changes which might require a worldreset too ? I don´t wont a world reset and even less two world resets.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz Hey, you said that you recommend a world reset because of the big changes of BOP. But within two weeks there will be another update which will be marked as stable. So do you think between the current latest build and the coming stable build will happen a lot of changes which might require a worldreset too ? I don´t wont a world reset and even less two world resets.

If there is, I will send jadedcat after adubbz :p so let's hope not.

Reactions: Flipz

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
If there is, I will send jadedcat after adubbz :p so let's hope not.
@Eyamaz Kay. One more question, is there any point about resetting the world if bop is not enabled on the monster pack ?

Last edited:

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Just opened a new map with BoP enabled and using the ATG Alternate option, I have these odd little stone things all over the map, have I done something silly?

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Just opened a new map with BoP enabled and using the ATG Alternate option, I have these odd little stone things all over the map, have I done something silly?

looks like it is just within this biome

Morinaka

Jul 29, 2019
Added ProjectRed :)
Removed OpenBlocks :(

Any particular reason for the removal of OpenBlocks from Monster?

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
@Eyamaz what is the reason for making EnderNet disabled by default? You can't abuse it in any way with the default settings as it only works with whitelisted servers.

Bigdog

Jul 29, 2019
They removed open blocks could of just disabled it like dyed trees. :( No Qcraft added though I was really hoping it would as its going to be mandatory that that mod is install for all my servers with the new update. :p Openblocks will have to be added at lest for one of the severs other one I don't care its going to have what ever is in monster with mods removed besides Qcraft its a mandatory must have now. There is only 2 mods ever that's is mandatory Qcraft and Mystcraft I use both far to much or will with Qcraft now. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.