Help me find what's missing from the wiki...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Found another area where some more information would be welcome.

IC2 crop breeding information. Best thing is that all the information I've found so far is from early 2012. Nothing is recent or updated. Really any information about IC2 on the Willi would be nice.

Almost the same as I asked about before, but how about how to automate each mods ore processing line? Not just say "Use AE", but early game automation. More of a how to get started with each mod.

A getting started with Gregtech guide

List of which side of machines you can insert/extract from when NOT using TE.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Exedra said:
If I remember correctly, we we're[sic] leaving GT til last.
CoderJ said:
I thinks its not so much we're saving GT for last as the mod is so in depth and changes some fundamental things that it's easier to finish the other parts first.
We'd discussed this about making a list of GregTech-modified recipes (that's the quotes above), I figure that discussion applies here as well. That being said, the GregTech Getting Started Guide has been added to the list: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?title=Feed_The_Beast_wiki:Current_Issues

kjonas65

Jul 29, 2019
A template for the items which isn't in the FTB-packs yet (or only is in some of them)? :)

- saying something like: "ATTENTION: This item isn't available in the MindCrack pack"

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
A template for the items which isn't in the FTB-packs yet (or only is in some of them)? :)

- saying something like: "ATTENTION: This item isn't available in the MindCrack pack"
I'd say that simply saying what mod the item is from would be sufficient. There are plenty of lists out there of what mods are in each pack (hint hint :p)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say that simply saying what mod the item is from would be sufficient. There are plenty of lists out there of what mods are in each pack (hint hint :p)

He might have meant item's not in the current of FTB packs. Things that'll be in future updates. Like redstone pipes and such.

kjonas65

Jul 29, 2019

With a block such as the Glowstone Illuminator it isn't enough just saying "This block is from Thermal Expansion", since it was added in v. 2.3.0.0, which isn't used by any of the modpacks :)

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a version history, as seen on the Minecraft Wiki? For instance: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Piston#History
It's not really a high priority as we'd probably only add it to the wiki after it's in a pack. Even if we add it before it's in a pack, it's still only one update away, so it's not that long to wait.[DOUBLEPOST=1368354281][/DOUBLEPOST]The problem with having something saying "This block/item is not currently implemented in the versions of any FTB packs, but will be in a future version" is remembering to take it off once it's updated :p

Reactions: OmegaPython

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Just have something saying what version it was added in. The list I'm thinking of also shows mod versions for each pack :p

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Then we have the problem of working out which feature was added when for long-existing features and updating existing pages.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
You could just do it for new pages. kjonas has a point, when the 1.5 packs come out you do want to be able to distinguish which version it was added in.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty simple to check: NEI. If it shows up in the search, it's in the pack.
I have almost no doubt this will be added, but I wouldn't count on it being a high priority.

Maybe I'll start drawing up a template for it now. Jinbobo'll beat me to it though, I bet.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty simple to check: NEI. If it shows up in the search, it's in the pack.
I have almost no doubt this will be added, but I wouldn't count on it being a high priority.

Maybe I'll start drawing up a template for it now. Jinbobo'll beat me to it though, I bet.
Tell me what template you used, add a parameter for MC version needed. Then I can make a DPL-query which lists all pages which use this template and displays that MC-parameter for easy patrolling on update.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Example:
Template call: {{new-version|mod-ver=2.3.0.0|mc-ver=1.5|type=block}}
Displays: "This block was added in version 2.3.0.0 for Minecraft 1.5. It might not be available in your version."

Then on some maintenance page I make a call to the extension Dynamic Page List (tp) (short: DPL) which searches all pages in the wiki which use that template and displays them in a list with the page in question in the left column and the content of the mc-ver parameter in the right column.
{{#dpl:|uses=Template:new-version|include={new-version}:mc-ver|table=class="wikitable sortable",,Page|tablerow=%%}}

When the FTB packs then update to 1.5, so that the warning can be removed, you look at this table and patrol all pages for MC 1.5 to remove that template.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe a version history, as seen on the Minecraft Wiki? For instance: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Piston#History
The thing with version histories is that is too much of an effort to maintain. This may be a thing for the community if the wiki opens up (yells at captainnana).
Do you want it to be a hatnote template or an article message box?
Why do all that stuff when I have a bot? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.