Help me find what's missing from the wiki...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etienne Beaule

Jul 29, 2019
Not just them, but they are examples. Letting the community would fix the problems instead of the articles not being fixed for months (such as the IndustrialCraft guide). In wiki writers articles, there is the pages Bullets, Brass Ingot (RP2), Copper Ingot, Cocoa Frame, Cob O'Corn, Corn, Tin Ingot, etc. With no content, in a bad tone, wrongly formatted, or not complete.

Volpe42

Jul 29, 2019
I think we should have a page on world gen (for each modpack) explaining which mods some of the generated stuff in the world is used for.
Wouldn't a spreadsheet work for this? It may sound a bit ambitious but maybe a spreadsheet that uses the icons of the items for each mod pack.

EXOgreenMC

Jul 29, 2019
one thing i noticed was that bee breeding chances are not listed. should be pretty easy as you can use the flora-in-a-box for the chances, though it may be a bit harder to put it on the wiki. and the combs pages dont link to what you can do with the stuff that was centrifuged

also, the only page that shows up for the random page button is ghast tear

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
one thing i noticed was that bee breeding chances are not listed. should be pretty easy as you can use the flora-in-a-box for the chances, though it may be a bit harder to put it on the wiki. and the combs pages dont link to what you can do with the stuff that was centrifuged

You'll have to login to make it work properly, it's to prevent people from flipping through pages too quickly and to reduce server load. The guest user's cache lasts much longer than a logged in user's, so your browser loads the page from the browser cache when you load the same page. The same thing happened to me when I didn't have a account yet.

PS. Account creation has been disabled at this moment.
And I think that the chance of mutating is dependent on the biome?

EXOgreenMC

Jul 29, 2019
And I think that the chance of mutating is dependent on the biome?
i do not breed bees myself, but i have seen nothing on them mutating with different chances in different biomes, i know that some cannot work in some biomes, and that some need to breed together in a specific biome though.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
But they're in the packs, so why would the info not be included in the wiki?
There's this big list of stuff missing or broken in the wiki in our forums, I've already included it in it, but don't expect it to be done soon. (MilConDoin is the most active member on the bee team, you can contact him if you want)

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
There's this big list of stuff missing or broken in the wiki in our forums, I've already included it in it, but don't expect it to be done soon. (MilConDoin is the most active member on the bee team, you can contact him if you want)

So "I don't care about bees" just means you personally aren't doing it/ensuring it is done, but that there is someone responsible for it? That makes more sense, thanks!

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I've shied away a bit from the work of adding all the chances in. Having to update all 184 bees...
It will come, but not tomorrow :)

I'm not sure about how to present that information, especially for the special cases, where the moon phase changes the chance (looking at you, Thaumic Bees). Also (Thaumic Bees again) how to present it for the mutates-to section of the Stark Bee, where the infusion altar is used for most of them (so no chance-column needed), with the Vis Bee being bred normally (so a chance-column is needed). Anyone with a good idea? Optimal would be a quick mock-up how it could look.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
I could code a bot for this if MilConDoin puts in a temporary place for the changes, and that someone provides a text file with the mutation chances in the following format:

Code:
<string Parent 1>,<string Parent 2>,<string Result>,<int Chance>[,<string Note>]

Example
Resilient,Noble,Impregnable,10
Hive,Other Hive,Common,50
Modest,Cultivated,Sinister,30,Can only mutate in the Nether.

EDIT: I've posted the list over on the wiki.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I could code a bot for this if MilConDoin puts in a temporary place for the changes, and that someone provides a text file with the mutation chances in the following format:

Code:
<string Parent 1>,<string Parent 2>,<string Result>,<int Chance>[,<string Note>]

Example
Resilient,Noble,Impregnable,10
Hive,Other Hive,Common,50
Modest,Cultivated,Sinister,30,Can only mutate in the Nether.

EDIT: I've posted the list over on the wiki.
What kind of temporary place do you need?
Also each line needs to edit three pages and for all three needs to find the correct line in the template. (The last option about the notes is already covered in the special notes section. This doesn't need to be done via your bot. Also switch chance from int to string, because a few bees from Thaumic Bees have a chance range depending on the moon phase.)
Example: Sinister, Modest, Fiendish, 40
For Fiendish it needs to edit {{mutates-from}}, find the correct line (here: 2) and add in the correct parameter (here: | chc-2 = 40)
For Sinister it needs to edit {{mutates-to}}, find the correct line (here: 2) and add in the correct parameter (here: | chc-2 = 40)
For Modest it needs to edit {{mutates-to}}, find the correct line (here: 4) and add in the correct parameter (here: | chc-4 = 40)

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of temporary place do you need?
Also each line needs to edit three pages and for all three needs to find the correct line in the template. (The last option about the notes is already covered in the special notes section. This doesn't need to be done via your bot. Also switch chance from int to string, because a few bees from Thaumic Bees have a chance range depending on the moon phase.)
Example: Sinister, Modest, Fiendish, 40
For Fiendish it needs to edit {{mutates-from}}, find the correct line (here: 2) and add in the correct parameter (here: | chc-2 = 40)
For Sinister it needs to edit {{mutates-to}}, find the correct line (here: 2) and add in the correct parameter (here: | chc-2 = 40)
For Modest it needs to edit {{mutates-to}}, find the correct line (here: 4) and add in the correct parameter (here: | chc-4 = 40)

I just need the parameters to add the chances in when I start adding them in (like the chc-x above). (If someone provides the list)
I'm planning to just loop through all pages in the Bees category then match and add the chances, it's may be slower, but it's simpler and easier to hook into AWB.

Current format:
Code:
<string Parent1>,<string Parent2>,<string Result>,<string Chance>

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I hope, that this file doesn't contain any errors.
If this is of importance for your script:
{{mutates-from}} has up to 3 mutations
{{mutates-to}} has up to 16 mutations

Attachments

• bee mutation chance.txt
    5.2 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: EXOgreenMC

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in the process of editing and formatting the IC2 Getting Started guide now. Sorry I didn't see this one earlier; after I get done with that I'll move over to RP2 and finish my own CC guide (which is about 50% done, gets one moving with it at least).

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019

It's done, there was some bug with the code so some chances were missing. View more details here.

Status
Not open for further replies.