Hello 1.9

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I was just pointing out that I'm not sitting and waiting for a new 1.9 pack like a bump-on-a-log, but am having a blast doing my own. I brought up the specified mods to show what new mods can add, but didn't really elaborate. Basically I've found some new toys to play with :)

It's fun, if camped in the open at night, to watch a bunch of Unicorns play "Zombie Soccer", as long as the other mobs cant get to you :D

Plus, you get the added benefit, if you like things like Agricraft and any of the Bee mods, of a simulated "DNA" based breeding system where you can actually plan out a cross-breeding program (NOT R.N.G.) to cross a Unicorn and a Pegasus to get an Alicorn (flying Unicorn) for example.

I know it's likely way too early to ask, but how is performance on 1.9 vs 1.7? My computer was a hand-me-down from Moses, so the gentler the better.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I'm not having issues with 1.9... better than 1.7.10 for sure on my hardware. I just wait for new mods to add and hope some of the ones I like are out soon, like Immersive Engineering.

[Edit]
4GHz FX8350 w/8GB 1666MHz DDR3
Older Nvidia GT610 video card

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I was just pointing out that I'm not sitting and waiting for a new 1.9 pack like a bump-on-a-log, but am having a blast doing my own. I brought up the specified mods to show what new mods can add, but didn't really elaborate. Basically I've found some new toys to play with :)

It's fun, if camped in the open at night, to watch a bunch of Unicorns play "Zombie Soccer", as long as the other mobs cant get to you :D

Plus, you get the added benefit, if you like things like Agricraft and any of the Bee mods, of a simulated "DNA" based breeding system where you can actually plan out a cross-breeding program (NOT R.N.G.) to cross a Unicorn and a Pegasus to get an Alicorn (flying Unicorn) for example.
I should probably get back to working on the one I was doing. I think I desynced it when I moved it to the minecraft launcher. So I will have to rebuild it on curse when I am done with the configs. The only mod I had really wished had survived was cavern. It sounded interesting. I might be able to re-add it later though as it doesn't sound like it adds world gen.

I kinda like being a bump on a log. I keep thinking of detaching myself from the log long enough to do my own pack. Just don't really get around to it. This pack I am trying to get working right now might not have been the best first choice. There are over a hundred and fifty mods in it. and most of them are working on getting the bugs ironed out. That is a lot of configs and such to go through. Let alone actually playing the pack and finding more issues.

Did add the minetweaker mod to Infinity a few days ago. I was setting up a server and wanted to add some recipes I always thought were needed. So far a jar of water and any black dye produces a ink sac, IC2 rubber wood crafts into three jungle planks, and all the minefactory rubber sapplings craft into the base one. Added a mod that made that configurable in game to make it even easier. (going by the minetweaker wiki.)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Messing with new mods is always great, the only issue for mod packs (and therefore the mod devs) a lot of people are lazy (or just lame) and won't try new mods.

You could have the best pack ever, but because you don't have AE or Thermal Expansion, people will be less inclined to play the pack. Which is sorta sad, because new MC versions are the perfect opportunity for a new "page 1" set of mods to appear on Curse, however, it rarely happens because people like their comfort zone.
I could understand if the 1.7 mod list was tinkers, NEI, WAILA, etc. and the 1.9 mods were just IC2 and Gregtech. However, I feel Curse is the biggest issue here. It's where a lot of pack devs go to get mods, and the first thing they see is the most popular mods, so they use them. I feel the popularity thing should only count downloads per version; for example if TiCon has 200,000 downloads for 1.7, but for 1.9 only 100 (and there's more mods that have 1000+ downloads), then TiCon should appear page 1 for 1.7 for page 10 (or wherever) for 1.9

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
True... I intentionally left "Biomes of Plenty" and "Blood Magic" out of my pack primarily because I never use either. I tried BoP back in 1.6.x and wasn't too impressed, and BM just isn't my jam. Not that either is a bad mod... Both are available for 1.9, btw.

Reactions: RedBoss

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I find I like BoP a lot less than I did to start with. It's just... frustrating. Poison, quicksand, mud. Nothing completely lethal, but all really annoying. It was a nice change from EBXL, but eh. At least those bloody spiders got nerfed like crazy. I had a base in 1.5 that I didn't dare drop to the ground below it or I'd get bitten, blinded and murdered by mini-spiders that were nigh-unhittable.

Blood Magic is a really cool mod I just have no interest in playing with.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
True... I intentionally left "Biomes of Plenty" ... out of my pack
I find I like BoP a lot less than I did to start with.
Yeah, and that's my pet hate with FTB packs, it seems the default biome mod to add is BoP, and yeah, if you've never used it before it's nice. However, after you have seen the biomes before, they aren't that impressive, or even that nice. The overload in long grass is annoying, and the flesh in the nether is god awful, along with most of the changes in the nether. I like the gravestones in the nether, but not the fiery grasslands, etc.

I feel that FTB really needs to vary the mod lists a bit for 1.9. I would have no issue with them using BoP if they also used Highlands, ExtraBiomesXL, ATG, etc. a little more. But the only official pack, in 1.7 (to my knowledge) which included a biome mod which wasn't BoP is Horizons II, and that was a pack that was all about "unloved" mods.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Flesh in the Nether is very useful for Gendustry, by the way.

But other than that, let's face it: once we gather any specific biome exclusive resources we never leave our Hobbit holes. Do we care how pretty and lush and varied the outside is? No. And those that don't like to live in dwarf strongholds? Void dimensions. Ultimately, we can create a world that has two biomes, tops.

So those that dwell below? We just dig deeper, and deeper... And if it gets too deep? Railroads, Elevators, Travel Anchors, Teleposers... We stay down below.

We all float down here...

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Flesh in the Nether is very useful for Gendustry, by the way.

But other than that, let's face it: once we gather any specific biome exclusive resources we never leave our Hobbit holes. Do we care how pretty and lush and varied the outside is? No. And those that don't like to live in dwarf strongholds? Void dimensions. Ultimately, we can create a world that has two biomes, tops.

So those that dwell below? We just dig deeper, and deeper... And if it gets too deep? Railroads, Elevators, Travel Anchors, Teleposers... We stay down below.

We all float down here...
I don't get the point of void worlds.
I like underground, however, there are people who like building massive sky scrapers, etc.

But i didn't know flesh was useful? I always saw it had no uses, and was just an annoying addition to the nether

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
It can be used as liquid protein to synthesize bees.

Some people have different callings on what to build, but I never saw a theme park style build. Edit: nobody builds a massive rail system connecting the base building/castle, the ore processing in the desert, cake factory in the arctic, etc.

However, BoP or EBXL are very welcome on exploration based packs. It takes the monotony away.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
It can be used as liquid protein to synthesize bees.

Some people have different callings on what to build, but I never saw a theme park style build. Edit: nobody builds a massive rail system connecting the base building/castle, the ore processing in the desert, cake factory in the arctic, etc.

However, BoP or EBXL are very welcome on exploration based packs. It takes the monotony away.
I tried a theme park once on a server.
It was ok, but I don't think theme parks will ever become "fun" on a server, as there's very little you can do with them

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
and the first thing they see is the most popular mods
I sorted them by most downloads hoping the ones at the top would be the more stable ones. Didn't turn out to matter though. The 1.9 mod list is short enough right now that about the time I got bored the list ended. I just added any mod that sounded remotely interesting and hoped they would get along. Found some really interesting ones I am liking. Slime Compendium has been the best so far. I have always disliked slimes. They were a constant annoyance. Now I am looking forward to finding them with this mod. Will need to seriously protect my crops though. EZtime seams like it will be really interesting too, along with the waypoints mod.

I did remove journeymap. I don't really feel it was addidn't anything. Then I lost my first corpse and spend a half hour looking for it. Was thinking how easy that would have been with journeymap. So going to leave it out. Never did find that grave.

Got all the mods configured where I want them, now trying to find the different crashes. Got one now with JEI crashing on a certain page. So trying to figure out what mod is on that page. This has proved to be a interesting experience. I am kinda ready to play more though. So hoping this fixing things ends for awhile soon.

Edit:
Really needing a set of commands though. One to slice a chunk or so out of the world nearby. So I can look at ore distribution, mostly. By the looks of it I would need to do it in the three vanilla dims.

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I've found myself really in love with a lot of the things Highlands has done. The biomes are all distinct from one another, and when it says mountains, it actually means mountains, not just really tall hills. You can stand on top of a Highlands mountain biome, and look down at the tops of Extreme Hills. Plus the individual biome types have tweaked ore gen. Certain mountains have extra diamonds, while plains have more iron. So you have a reason to set up where you've got reasonably quick access to multiple biomes.

I've actually built those big spread out train connected bases. The big problem is that before this point in Modded, there's been no real good way to run power between them. And once you start using Tesseracts, that's kind of it. You teleport things around, and then what's the point of having trains to do stuff? But without Tesseracts, you're stuck producing power at each location. Now that we've got things like Immersive Engineering's power wires, and Magneticraft's power poles, it's less of an issue. Now that we can actually provide power without having to run it through Tesseracts, or hope the fuel train and the cargo train don't smash into each other and explode... (I've had it happen. Depressingly frequently. At least once when it was the same train.)

All that aside, the one mod that has to update before I jump versions has always been Railcraft. If I have trains, I can distribute both items and power. I can haul fluids around, and make impromptu mob farms. Double ores and cook them. Other mods can do it sure, but none of them have trains.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not saying that this is the best for servers, but what I like is massive packs, yes they take a huge chunk of ram and they have many conflicts, but if you balance it and put it together correctly they can be a lot of fun and can function well. I myself do not like small modpacks, the only one I ever liked was agrarian skies and that isn't necessarily small. I prefer to squash as many mods in as I can, if they contribute to the pack and are not extremely buggy. If and when I do update to 1.9, it will need to be as good of a chunk of mods as 1.6.4, and 1.7.10. I tend to update slowly as I have not run out of stuff to do in 1.6.4 yet. I haven't even added in gregtech yet, so that should be fun.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Edit:
Really needing a set of commands though. One to slice a chunk or so out of the world nearby. So I can look at ore distribution, mostly. By the looks of it I would need to do it in the three vanilla dims.
Vanilla has a setblock command, so just set them all to air?

I'm not saying that this is the best for servers, but what I like is massive packs, yes they take a huge chunk of ram and they have many conflicts, but if you balance it and put it together correctly they can be a lot of fun and can function well. I myself do not like small modpacks, the only one I ever liked was agrarian skies and that isn't necessarily small. I prefer to squash as many mods in as I can, if they contribute to the pack and are not extremely buggy. If and when I do update to 1.9, it will need to be as good of a chunk of mods as 1.6.4, and 1.7.10. I tend to update slowly as I have not run out of stuff to do in 1.6.4 yet. I haven't even added in gregtech yet, so that should be fun.
Agagrian Skies was a MASSIVE mod pack

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla has a setblock command, so just set them all to air?
That is why I was looking for a command to do it. I didn't know the exact syntax to hit that precise chunk.

Isn't relevant now, I think, anyways. I was having trouble getting the pack to work with multiplayer. Which is needed for the way I play. Got bored with all the errors and dropped the idea. Trying a 1.7.10 pack and pretty much getting to the point on giving up on that too. Still missing the birch slimes from the other pack. Not for sure if the slimes added in this one will be enough to fill that gap. Probably will never find out. Never really had the patience to work on packs. Every thing was half way working until I added imersive engineering. now their is a poition id conflict that crashes the game. It just crashed again saying that 350 was to high a number for a potion. Guess the array doesn't go that high. The minecraft wiki isn't helping as it is updated for 1.9. Though I am pretty sure the information is kicking around somewhere in there.

Need to sleep again mostly. The suns up now. So it is about the right time for another stretch of sleep. Then I will decide how to proceed.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
That is why I was looking for a command to do it. I didn't know the exact syntax to hit that precise chunk.

Isn't relevant now, I think, anyways. I was having trouble getting the pack to work with multiplayer. Which is needed for the way I play. Got bored with all the errors and dropped the idea. Trying a 1.7.10 pack and pretty much getting to the point on giving up on that too. Still missing the birch slimes from the other pack. Not for sure if the slimes added in this one will be enough to fill that gap. Probably will never find out. Never really had the patience to work on packs. Every thing was half way working until I added imersive engineering. now their is a poition id conflict that crashes the game. It just crashed again saying that 350 was to high a number for a potion. Guess the array doesn't go that high. The minecraft wiki isn't helping as it is updated for 1.9. Though I am pretty sure the information is kicking around somewhere in there.

Need to sleep again mostly. The suns up now. So it is about the right time for another stretch of sleep. Then I will decide how to proceed.
Use archive.org if you need to find old info, but you should just lower the potion ID in the IE config to something like 247 (anything lower than 250 is fine IIRC)
As for pack devving, I know the feeling. You get a rush of "OMG I WANT TO DO THIS PACK" and then do a fair amount, look at the time, go to bed, and never find the motivation to continue the pack

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Use archive.org if you need to find old info, but you should just lower the potion ID in the IE config to something like 247 (anything lower than 250 is fine IIRC)
As for pack devving, I know the feeling. You get a rush of "OMG I WANT TO DO THIS PACK" and then do a fair amount, look at the time, go to bed, and never find the motivation to continue the pack
Thanks. It isn't even a pack with a true theme either. Just basically "I like it, it goes in". Found a lot of interesting mods while I was looking through the list. I think I was down to 12,000 downloads before I stopped looking (was sorted by downloads). I did look up a few that I had found in 1.9 though. I didn't even know Aether was a Dimension and not a world type. So nice finding that out. Their is only one mod under the world gen category, even though I grabbed three mods that would have fit there.

This is the current modlist. It probably won't be the final one though. I went through all the configs before changing a few around. Turned off a lot of worldgen so need to figure out a source of oil, along with a few other recipes for things I disabled (squids, rubber trees, etc.)
ae2stuff-0.5.0.56-mc1.7.10.jar
aether-1.7.10-1.6.jar
ancientwarfare-2.4.115-beta-MC1.7.10-FULL.jar
antiqueatlas-1.7.10-4.2.10.jar
AppleCore-mc1.7.10-1.3.1.jar
appliedenergistics2-rv2-stable-10.jar
archimedesshipsplus-1.7.10-1.8.1.jar
Aroma1997Core-1.7.10-1.0.2.16.jar
Aroma1997s-Dimensional-World-1.7.10-1.1.0.1.jar
AromaBackup-1.7.10-0.1.0.0.jar
Baubles-1.7.10-1.0.1.10.jar
bdlib-1.9.4.109-mc1.7.10.jar
bettersugarcane--1.7.10-2.0a.jar
BiblioCraft[v1.11.4][MC1.7.10].jar
BiblioWoods[Forestry][v1.7].jar
Binnie Patcher 1.7.jar
binnie-mods-2.0-pre14.jar
BiomeCompass-1.6.1.jar
Botania r1.8-249.jar
buildcraft-7.1.16.jar
buildersguides-1.7.10-1.0.2.jar
Carpenter's Blocks v3.3.7 - MC 1.7.10.jar
ChameleonCreepers-1.7.10-1.4.jar
ChickenChunks-1.7.10-1.3.4.19-universal.jar
Chisel-2.9.5.11.jar
ChiselTones-1.7.10-1.0-3.jar
ChocoCraft-4.1.5.jar
CodeChickenCore-1.7.10-1.0.7.47-universal.jar
CoFHCore-[1.7.10]3.1.2-325.jar
CoFHLib-[1.7.10]1.1.1-181.jar
compactmachines-1.7.10-1.21.jar
compactstorage-1.7.10-release-2.1.0-lts.21-universal.jar
ComputerCraft1.75.jar
D3Core-1.7.10-1.1.1.39.jar
DeathCounter-4.0.0.jar
Decocraft-2.3.2_1.7.10.jar
deepresonance-1.1.4.jar
DragonAPI 1.7.10 V12e.jar
DynamicSurroundings-1.7.10-1.0.5.6.jar
ElecCore-1.7.10-1.4.176.jar
EnchantingPlus-1.7.10-3.0.2-d.jar
Enchiridion 2-1.7.10-2.0.2a.jar
EnderCompass-1.7.10-1.2.jar
EnderCore-1.7.10-0.2.0.34_beta.jar
EnderIO-1.7.10-2.2.8.381.jar
EnderStorage-1.7.10-1.4.7.37-universal.jar
EnhancedInventories-1.7.10-1.1.9.jar
extrabiomesxl_1.7.10-3.16.4.jar
ExtraCells-1.7.10-2.3.9b188.jar
extrautilities-1.2.12.jar
fastcraft-1.23.jar
FastLeafDecay-1.7.10-1.4.jar
forestry_1.7.10-4.2.12.60.jar
GardenOfGlass.jar
GardenStuff-1.7.10-1.7.0.jar
gendustry-1.6.3.132-mc1.7.10.jar
generators-0.9.19.120-mc1.7.10.jar
gilded-games-util-1.7.10-1.9.jar
glass_shards_mc1.7.10-1.5.2.jar
GreenThumb-1.7.10-1.1.0.8.jar
HardcoreDarkness-MC1.7.10-1.7.jar
HelpFixer-1.0.7.jar
Highlands-1.7.2-v-2.2.3.jar
ibench-1.7.10-1.0.12.jar
ice_shards_mc1.7.10-1.3.jar
IGW-Mod-1.7.10-1.1.12-34-universal.jar
ImmersiveEngineering-0.7.6.jar
InfiniBows-1.7.10-universal-coremod-1.3.0.20.jar
InventoryCrafting-1.7.10-1.0.0.jar
InventoryTweaks-1.59-dev-152.jar
ironchest-1.7.10-6.0.60.741-universal.jar
Jabba-1.2.1a_1.7.10.jar
JurassiCraft-1.4.5.jar
llibrary-0.7.2-1.7.10.jar
LLOverlayReloaded-1.0.7-mc1.7.10.jar
Login_Shield-1.2-8-gacfa075.jar
logisticspipes-0.9.3.120.jar
Loot++-0.23_for_1.7.jar
magicbees-1.7.10-2.4.3.jar
malisiscore-1.7.10-0.14.3.jar
malisisdoors-1.7.10-1.13.2.jar
Mantle-1.7.10-0.3.2b.jar
Mariculture-Deluxe-1.7.10-1.2.4.2a.jar
MatterOverdrive-1.7.10-0.4.0.jar
mcjtylib-1.8.1.jar
Minecraft Flight Simulator-1.7.10-3.0.0.jar
MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.1-174.jar
MineTweaker3-1.7.10-3.0.10B.jar
MineTweakerRecipeMaker-1.7.10-1.1.0.11.jar
MmmMmmMmmMmm-1.7.10-1.9.jar
ModTweaker2-0.9.5.jar
ModularPowersuits-0.11.0.300.jar
Morpheus-1.7.10-1.6.21.jar
movingworld-1.7.10-1.8.1.jar
Neat 1.0-1.jar
neiaddons-1.12.14.40-mc1.7.10.jar
NEIIntegration-MC1.7.10-1.1.2.jar
netherportalfix-mc1.7.10-1.1.0.jar
NoMoreRecipeConflict-0.3(1.7.10).jar
NoNausea-MC1.7.10-1.0.jar
NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.5.118-universal.jar
NotEnoughResources-1.7.10-0.1.0-121.jar
NoVillage-1.7.10-1.1.jar
Numina-0.4.0.131.jar
OpenBlocks-1.7.10-1.5.1.jar
OpenModsLib-1.7.10-0.9.1.jar
OpenPeripheralAddons-1.7.10-0.5.1.jar
OpenPeripheralCore-1.7.10-1.3.jar
OpenPeripheralIntegration-1.7.10-0.5.jar
Pam's Get all the Seeds 1.7.10a.jar
PassiveTorch-1.7.10-0.1.0.jar
PneumaticCraft-1.7.10-1.12.7-150-universal.jar
ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.7.0pre12.95-Base.jar
ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.7.0pre12.95-Fabrication.jar
ProjectRed-1.7.10-4.7.0pre12.95-Integration.jar
QuantumFlux-1.7.10-1.3.4.jar
RFDrills-1.7.10-1.7.3.jar
rftools-4.23.jar
RopeBridge-v1.3-mc1.7.10.jar
RotaryCraft 1.7.10 V12e.jar
RouterReborn-1.7.10-1.2.0.41-universal.jar
RTG-1.7.10-0.7.0.jar
SGCraft-1.11.2-mc1.7.10.jar
SimilsaxTranstructors-1.7.10.15.jar
SimpleLabels-1.7.10-1.0-7.jar
SimplyJetpacks-MC1.7.10-1.5.3.jar
SlimeCarnage-1.0.5d-mc1.7.10.jar
SolarFlux-1.7.10-0.8b.jar
SoulShards-TOW-1.7.10-0.1-RC9-7.jar
SoundFilters-0.8_for_1.7.X.jar
StorageDrawers-1.7.10-1.9.7.jar
StorageDrawers-Forestry-1.7.10-1.1.2.jar
Translocator-1.7.10-1.1.2.15-universal.jar
trashslot-mc1.7.10-1.0.31.jar
Waila-1.5.10_1.7.10.jar
WailaHarvestability-mc1.7.10-1.1.6.jar
WAILAPlugins-MC1.7.10-0.2.0-23.jar
warpbook-1.7.10_2.0.37.jar
Wawla-1.3.3-1.7.10.jar
waypoints-1.7.10-1.1.1.jar
weaponcaseloot-1.2.10.jar
WR-CBE-1.7.10-1.4.1.9-universal.jar
Ztones-1.7.10-2.2.1.jar
[1.7.10]WailaAddonBC-1.0.1.jar
dir/b works great for this. I am sure their are commands for other command shells that would work too. Probably be easier to. I remember Linux being much easier to manage. I can't remember how to force this to output to a file in Windows.

Got some good sleep. Would be nice if it wasn't in four hour stretches. It seems to work though. Even if I do have to sleep three times a day or more.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019

I got the 1.7.10 pack done, I think. I updloaded it to curseforge. Not exactly sure how that works though. So it might or might not be at " http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/death-of-sinks ". Not for sure how that part of curse works for sure. That is likely the only place it will show up though. If it shows up at all. I did it though. Didn't think I could manage it. It was proving to be much tougher then I remembered it being in the pre-forge days. I think that was do to the pure amount of mods I was trying to work with. I still need to figure out Extra Biomes. I have to be messing it up somehow. It isn't genning just adding to gen.

I did finally find out those seemingly useless files on curse can be imported as instances. I downloaded that one then chose create instance in curse then selected the files as the source of the new instance.

Thanks for (some word for feeling like I just had to get it done) the pack. Your comments were really helpful.

(The biggest mistake I have made is not properly tracking config file changes. Those are rather important. I need to look into a way to do it. possibly a git or something.)

I'm going to seeing about playing on this pack. Maybe by the time I get bored with it I will feel like trying to make another attempt on a 1.9.∞ pack. Found that 1.7.10 still has lots of interesting mods I haven't played much on. Though I really like what I see in 1.9 as well. The game changes and mod changes are really nice.

Edit: 1605070121
I've submitted a new version of the pack, yesterday. It removes a few mods and makes major changes to a few things. This is going pretty good. Wouldn't mind actually playing the pack though. Instead of editing it.

Last edited: