Has this archived thread on java arguments been updated?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Fenster22

Jul 29, 2019
So if I disable mods from the client side and not the server side will that impact it at all? Because there's honestly a bit of stuff in there that I will never use but my friends will. I guess I'm not sure how that relationship will be affected.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
So if I disable mods from the client side and not the server side will that impact it at all? Because there's honestly a bit of stuff in there that I will never use but my friends will. I guess I'm not sure how that relationship will be affected.
No you cannot do that. In order to join the server you will have to run the same mods.

Fenster22

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, thank you rhn! Right now it is running ok. It has the occasional lag hiccups but not a deal breaker.

Fenster22

Jul 29, 2019
So the server has come to a consensus to not use Monster pack as it was just causing too much lag for too many people. We decided to give Tech World a try. It's a bit lighter on the amount of stuff loading in so we'll see how that goes.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
So the server has come to a consensus to not use Monster pack as it was just causing too much lag for too many people. We decided to give Tech World a try. It's a bit lighter on the amount of stuff loading in so we'll see how that goes.

Try removing the JVM arguments and see if it is the same result. Since mine when I used JVM arguments it just lags a lot for me, it is just better for me to not use any JVM and it runs smoother than using JVM

Fenster22

Jul 29, 2019
Hey red. We are no longer using monster pack, but we have started up tech world 2. I was still experiencing some lag in that until I shifted my windows 7 settings so that it focuses more on performance than appearance. This toned down all the intensive graphical fluff that Windows was using and now I am completely lag free in our multiplayer world, running tech world 2 with the John Smith Legacy pack (32x).

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey red. We are no longer using monster pack, but we have started up tech world 2. I was still experiencing some lag in that until I shifted my windows 7 settings so that it focuses more on performance than appearance. This toned down all the intensive graphical fluff that Windows was using and now I am completely lag free in our multiplayer world, running tech world 2 with the John Smith Legacy pack (32x).

Could you please expand on this, specifically, where in Win7 do you change from "appearance" to "performance"?

I think I found what you did. Control Panel > System And Security > System > Advanced System Settings (on left side of window) > Advanced Tab/Performance Section, click "Settings" button... is that it?

Mine is set to "Let Windows choose what's best for my computer" but I could switch it to "Adjust for best appearance" or "Adjust for best performance". However, the title of the tab is "Visual Effects" and I think that whole selection is just for how your Windows desktop appears, not how a game is gonna run? Interesting. You seem convinced that it helped you, I should probably give it a try too.

Last edited:

Fenster22

Jul 29, 2019
I am pretty convinced that it cleared up the lag i had left. It does affect the graphical intensity of windows, not games. However it does directly affect games because windows is no longer able to hog up system resources, thus freeing them up for your game. You did find the right setting.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
When you play on full screen Windows should be rendering all this stuff, or does it?