Gregtech & the omniwrench

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Should greg allow the omniwrench to be used on his machines?

• Total voters

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
You know, IRL, I don't need a wrench to move my washing machine. Nor even my oven. Where did this whole wrench thing come from in the first place?

You know IRL, trees don't float, magic doesn't exist, torches set things on fire, you could break your knuckles punching something for too long, you can't make a pickaxe by placing 3 ingots on something you got out of some wood randomly along with some sticks and it suddenly crafting, and...

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
The MFR GT recipes are done by us (technically Emy, I only touch them if I need to fix something that broke). We reached out to greg for assistance creating them and he told us he had no idea what MFR was or did and as such was not going to help us, so they were done as a rough "well this seems kind of greggy I guess??" estimate of how they would play with GT installed. But we've gotten nearly zero feedback on that.
Well ok then it's fine with me just gives me a reason to go and find iridium or create it, either way I'm enjoying MFR keep up the great work PC.

Reactions: NosePicker5555

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
While you're here minalien, thank you for the multiblock tutorial
I always wanted to make a brick cooker
I will be using that thank you very much :)

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Not orient them but pick up machines without them breaking into machine blocks
Don't get me wrong I love your mod(s) just I think the wrench needs some durability say maybe 2/3 of diamond tools? So ~ 1000
well then you can simply uninstall omnitools and use gregs tools then can't you? And leave us sane, non Greg suckups to use the nicely balanced Omniwrench. The Omniwrench is not OP... you're just bloody mad...

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I COULD
But when you're playing on a server that has this and people around you use it while you're sitting here trying to make bronze wrench after bronze wrench because you can't make steel then yes it is OP

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I COULD
But when you're playing on a server that has this and people around you use it while you're sitting here trying to make bronze wrench after bronze wrench because you can't make steel then yes it is OP

So you basically want to force your play style on those of the server but do not what their play style to effect you. And instead of taking it up with the community of the server you belong to you would rather a mod dev force the change on them for you.

Good show.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
I COULD

That...makes no sense as a complaint.

You choosing to not use something does not make what you choose to not use "OP".

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
I COULD
Why not an electric wrench? It would save on bronze for sure.

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
I like you but facepalm..
That's what the no steel was about
Thanks for liking me I guess... You could just head out and look in dungeons and Thaumcraft wisp dungeons for steel it's in the wisp dungeons as well as portal guns just have to head out and find them.[DOUBLEPOST=1370837466][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lol, he doesn't play with GT.I think
I do actually but like I said in my post steel is not that hard to come by and all you need is a fire charge to have access to a Railcraft blast furnace or head out and look for dungeons.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Once again, no changes were made to other mods to make this change. Please make different inane, bullshit assumptions and post them in your next message. The inane, bullshit assumption you're making here is not occurring.

no other mods change gregtech either, then why he doesn't let the wrench work with his machines?

jasondm

Jul 29, 2019
Just so you guys know, the latest omnitools fixed this (the omniwrench can now remove gregtech machines).