GregTech Has Gone Too far

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
How do you suppose Tinkers Construct is a "Hard mod" ?

From standalone point, it is hard to automatize without making a pulser and it's combinations force you to either experiment or research. It isn't that hard yet still harder than grape tech. I consider skill required and&/or mental action required as hardness not pure grinding that Grape Tech forces people to do.

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
Now I wonder if people would complain so much about solar panels if Compact Solars was the popular one in FTB, instead of the advanced ones.
That may change. Adv. Solars is being horribly maintained. Compact Solars on the other hand is being maintained, by the one, the only, CPW!!!!!

I love the way the OP was really polite and even apoligised for saying Greg, some other people come in with other respectful and mature comments, then this Julian numpty pipes up.... again. *sigh*
Ok.

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously, just because someone doesn't like a certain aspect of a mod, doesn't mean they're "crying" or "whinging" or anything of the sort. That's pretty ridiculous and quite insulting.
And yeah, the solar panel thing is both mega old news and not Greg. Greg has done enough dickish nerfing on his own, no need to blame him for stuff he hasn't done.

I agree, it's never good to blame people for things they didn't do. You have to admit though, it's awfully telling how many people immediately assume GregTech any time they come across something they feel is stupid and/or unreasonable. Greg earned that distinction, even if he didn't specifically earn the blame.

h3rring

Jul 29, 2019
Huh do explain

[INFO] [STDERR] The GregTech-Addon has a Problem.
[INFO] [STDERR] IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!! Below is how to fix it.
[INFO] [STDERR] Another Mod (very likely Tinkers Contruct) decided to ACTIVELY break a fully configurable Feature of GregTech. Please report this to said Mod Author (very likely mDiyo) and not to me, as I can't do anything against that misbehavior. If the detection of breaking my Features, results in incompatibility between said Mod and GregTech, then I don't care.
[INFO] [STDERR] DO NOT COME TO ME WITH THIS CRASH. YOU CAUSED IT YOURSELF, AND I TOLD YOU HOW TO FIX IT!!!
[SEVERE] [Minecraft-Server] Encountered an unexpected exception GT_ItsNotMyFaultException

Context: Something is reverting his plank nerf. No one can find proof in mDiyo's source code, but it's irrelevant either way. Don't crash my client when functionality otherwise persists; that's going too far. And claiming it's not his fault........ yeah, no.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
My friend and I just started playing a new FTB map on the Mindcrack Pack after we had stopped playing our old map. We have three solar panels and as they are so weak I figured I'd upgrade them to advanced solar panels.

Apparently Greg has got his hands on this, too and made it near impossible until very far into the game. For those who don't know it now requires both iridium and uu matter (from a matter fabricator which itself costs a bunch of iridium and other expensive items).

So, why is this Greg guy so sadistic to us poor FTB players? I actually agree with him in general as I think the Gregtech mod adds a whole other aspect to the modpack, which is why I don't want to uninstall it. And is there a way I can change this one recipe to the default IC2 recipe?

Lol. Ultimate solar panels are dirt easy to get.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
[INFO] [STDERR] Another Mod (very likely Tinkers Contruct) decided to ACTIVELY break a fully configurable Feature of GregTech. Please report this to said Mod Author (very likely mDiyo) and not to me, as I can't do anything against that misbehavior. If the detection of breaking my Features, results in incompatibility between said Mod and GregTech, then I don't care.
[INFO] [STDERR] DO NOT COME TO ME WITH THIS CRASH. YOU CAUSED IT YOURSELF, AND I TOLD YOU HOW TO FIX IT!!!
[SEVERE] [Minecraft-Server] Encountered an unexpected exception GT_ItsNotMyFaultException

Context: Something is reverting his plank nerf. No one can find proof in mDiyo's source code, but it's irrelevant either way. Don't crash my client when functionality otherwise persists; that's going too far. And claiming it's not his fault........ yeah, no.

Have you got the date stamp on that ?, this could be the last straw for a lot of players, or could you pastebin it, this is big.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Lol. Ultimate solar panels are dirt easy to get.
Yeah several billions of EU is basically dirt right? Oh right turn off the mass fab and you'll understand the gripe when using them with gregtech.[DOUBLEPOST=1374016928][/DOUBLEPOST]

This made me laugh considering what he does to other mods.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019

When does this crash occur?

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, if that's legit, and if it comes down to choosing between Tinker's Construct and Gregtech, I don't think that's gonna go to well for greg.

Reactions: Daemonblue

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019

Is this with the latest versions of Gregtech. I am still on 3.08b. I have the warnings about Tinker's construct and the autosmelt dupe cycle thing but crashing the client because something his plank nerf isn't working? Well let me put it this way, if I was forced to choose between gregtech and tinker's contruct I won't be using a magic box to make magic EU

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
There is no blaming Greg involved. If you don't like it, then don't play it. *sigh*

While people who don't like it indeed won't play it, that doesn't help the people who used to like it and are sad that they can't play an up-to-date version, or people who used to play on a server with their friends but can't anymore.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Is this with the latest versions of Gregtech. I am still on 3.08b. I have the warnings about Tinker's construct and the autosmelt dupe cycle thing but crashing the client because something his plank nerf isn't working? Well let me put it this way, if I was forced to choose between gregtech and tinker's contruct I won't be using a magic box to make magic EU

If this is true & atm I would have no real reason to say its not it must go against the minecraft tos, I will refrain form commenting until more info is available to back this up, but if true this is huge crashing the game because some one over rides his & changes the recipe back to vanilla![DOUBLEPOST=1374018023][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry. To clarify, it didn't happen to me--I haven't updated my GregTech yet (and I probably never will). It's being posted on his forum thread and actively discussed. So, it's legit because he's acknowledging it.
np bro tnx for the heads up, now checking the comments on his section.

LOL there aint any.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah several billions of EU is basically dirt right? Oh right turn off the mass fab and you'll understand the gripe when using them with gregtech.[DOUBLEPOST=1374016928][/DOUBLEPOST]

This made me laugh considering what he does to other mods.

I don't use the mass-fab to get iridium. I use 20+ something valuable bees to get platinum dusts which are then centrifuged for iridium.

So yes, I don't use EU to get iridium (aside from the minor EU costs for centrifuging).

Status
Not open for further replies.