GregTech Has Gone Too far

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
A direct quote from Greg http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7156&pageNo=820

"You might have to drop it if he doesn't do that, as I added Code to detect if TConstruct circumvents my Config (which was there from the very beginning of that nerf and does everything properly, unlike the Bronze Config of Forestry inbefore Immibis comes with that argument), and adds the Recipes for Wood a few ticks after the Game started, to crash the Game with an approciate Error".

I cant read that forums any more I feel dirty now.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I don't use the mass-fab to get iridium. I use 20+ something valuable bees to get platinum dusts which are then centrifuged for iridium.

So yes, I don't use EU to get iridium (aside from the minor EU costs for centrifuging).
I wonder just how long of a 24/7 running server did it take you to get those bees...

Extreme investment is meant to yield extreme profit.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
So greg gets a taste of his own medicine, and he decides to put in code to intentionally crash the game? Wow, just... wow....

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
He has become a joke long ago and now even kids with "ILuveGrapes" as their user name will think of him as a joke. It is almost sad to see how much he had fallen.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder just how long of a 24/7 running server did it take you to get those bees...

Extreme investment is meant to yield extreme profit.

To be honest, the start of beekeeping was honestly painful. (when I had more drones than honey drops to identify them with) It took 2-3 days of breeding the super traits and getting all the bees. But once I got the first bee the way I wanted (with the right traits), duplicating the bees only took about 1-1.5 hours in multiple apiaries (without chocolate frames). It was setting up the alvearies was the bigger pain.

95% all the resources that my buddy and I use on the server are provided for by bees in a multitude of alvearies. Lol.

But I agree, extreme investment yields extreme profit. In a sandbox game like minecraft, that's simply what happens when automation is possible.

h3rring

Jul 29, 2019
A direct quote from Greg http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7156&pageNo=820

"You might have to drop it if he doesn't do that, as I added Code to detect if TConstruct circumvents my Config (which was there from the very beginning of that nerf and does everything properly, unlike the Bronze Config of Forestry inbefore Immibis comes with that argument), and adds the Recipes for Wood a few ticks after the Game started, to crash the Game with an approciate Error".

I cant read that forums any more I feel dirty now.

Wow, for some reason I read that incorrectly the first time and thought he only planned to do it. So, yes, he did implement the code and admits to it. He doesn't care if you have to choose between Tinker's and GregTech.

Well, that is a very easy choice for me.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Good god when & how will this end, at this point not even the GT fans could justify this, I feel like walking away from minecraft, its just a sad state of affairs, I dont trust my self to comment good night ppl.

But plz guys keep it all cool no point getting topic locked.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
"My mod was build with the intention of changing other mods. I add a little to the game but for the most part I change other mods. However, if some other mod wants to change MY mod, then I will cause a crash" Pretty much his attitude. "It's fine when I do it but if someone else does it then it's wrong and I will break your game."

Mdiyo is the first to make a "stand" as such. Immibis and Sengir have also expressed distaste, as has KingLemming. Greg is rapidly becoming the latest "most unpopular guy" in the modded scene. Flowerchild is old news now, GT is the new baddie!

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Wow... Makes me glad I decided to stop playing with his mod a few month ago. While I didn't mind the challenge of building his tech tree. I didn't care for some of the other changes and him fiddling with other authors mods. Now that I know this I will never use a pack that has GT in it ever again.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Someone blamed Greg for something he didn't do? Inconceivable!
Yeah, it started that way. Then people started throwing shoes. Then someone found that Greg was making the game crash on purpose if there were other mods installed that he didn't like or something. Then some people said they'd never use greg again. More shoes went flying. And I accused Greg of having a really big mod.

That's your free summary. Accuracy is not guaranteed.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
He does put the integrity of a modpack at risk if the update is included. It also shows a that he should not be trusted if he purposely includes code that would hurt users. I know the version with these changes is not in the official packs, but this behavior is evidence of an unstable and potentially malicious person. I would hate for his behavior to ruin the integrity of FTB since he is so closely associated with it.

At least in my humble opinion.

Reactions: Anubis

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity, does Greg know about NiceGregTech?
By the way, my favorite new GT feature is by far the "easy mode" configs he added. What's this, you believe his bronze recipes aren't balanced? You might as well have infinite bronze, then. He's amazing in a twisted way.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, after reading some stuff in the ic2 forum thread I have to say Greg has done something that is undefensible with forcing the game to crash and has indeed jumped the shark with this change. The only people left that would possibly defend crashing the game because another mod does to him what he does to other mods are fanboys of the highest order that would gladly lay their lives on the line to defend their God. As such, I suggest Wyld (and any others working on 1.5.2) only focus on the ngt version for now so we can actually see an updated version without Greg's childishness.

mathjazz

Jul 29, 2019
I am sad to hear that Greg wants to break other people's mods. I like the idea of the fusion reactor.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
This is why you continue to play 1.4.7 or 1.5.2 and boycott the new changes. I don't see why you'd let him ruin the game for you.

Fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.