GregTech Has Gone Too far

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Uh, sexist and sexual aren't synonyms. Sexism is related to discrimination based on Y-chromosomes, and sexual is related to sex. WORDS, why are they sharing meanings?

Anyhow it has sexist undertones because I doubt people would talk about RP2 being anyone's baby if we didn't know Eloraam was female. Then again assumption are assumed.
This debate is ridiculous I have heard & use that all the time in real life no matter what the gender of the person it pertains to, its a common term in most cultures, plz put that one to bed.

Reactions: EternalDensity

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I just spent some time on the IC2 GT section reading what was posted over night & am a little nauseous by the posts from know active FTB forum members & the true fanboys that surround greg, the gist of it is more or less whine, whine, defensive rant, defensive rant, I personally am a little ashamed to be part of this train wreck, its seems that greg & Mdyio have settled this matter in the short term at least, & would implore FTB forum members to show some restraint & not vent on forums that are populated by people that at best will disregard any valid argument, & at worst ridicule the poster, & does nothing to promote the standing of FTB as a whole.

PS I have never used the term Fanboy on this forum not even when being insulted by hardcore GT fans, I really think we are seeing the end of something starting.

Reactions: Anubis and Runo

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
Because nerfing in the first place is completely stupid. I find it a lot better to reward people for doing certain things than scold them for doing another. Let's make things cooler, not worse.

This is a really basic argument from someone who's never worked on a mod or games in general.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
This is a really basic argument from someone who's never worked on a mod or games in general.
It's a basic idea of good game design. You do not force people to follow a single path by punishing them for following other paths; such makes a terrible game and why games that do, do that fail.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
It's a basic idea of good game design. You do not force people to follow a single path by punishing them for following other paths; such makes a terrible game and why games that do, do that fail.
Sounds like some one is waiting for Cubeworld :), or some one else if you like.

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019

No, nerfing doesn't mean that the player would be punished in any way. In good game design all the paths have equal returns but different methods to get there. Nerfing happens when one of the paths is more powerful than the others leading to the other paths to be forgotten.

Good game balance makes a good game, and you can't just completely re-do the other paths cause that wouldn't be cost efficient. Even free products such as mods have a cost, and that cost is the person/team's time.[DOUBLEPOST=1374062602][/DOUBLEPOST]
that`s quite lame statement. its like saying: " you cannot pick a good beer if you dont brew beer"

Well. no.. it wouldn't be like that at all. A better example would be "You cannot tell people how to make a good beer if you havent been brewing beer before"

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
No, nerfing doesn't mean that the player would be punished in any way. In good game design all the paths have equal returns but different methods to get there. Nerfing happens when one of the paths is more powerful than the others leading to the other paths to be forgotten.

Good game balance makes a good game, and you can't just completely re-do the other paths cause that wouldn't be cost efficient. Even free products such as mods have a cost, and that cost is the person/team's time.

Balance does not make a good game. Some of the best games(By player assigned value) in history were radically imbalanced. Good game design makes a good game. Not to mention every path should not have equal returns but instead varying returns with different costs and risks. If you think everything should be equal then really you have no idea what a game should be like.

Sounds like some one is waiting for Cubeworld :), or some one else if you like.
Wut?

Reactions: Chocorate

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
Balance does not make a good game. Some of the best games(By player assigned value) in history were radically imbalanced. Good game design makes a good game. Not to mention every path should not have equal returns but instead varying returns with different costs and risks. If you think everything should be equal then really you have no idea what a game should be like.

If an option has a greater return but a bigger cost/risk/challenge then I call that balanced. But if an option has greater returns and the same cost/risk/challenge, it needs a nerf.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
He intentionally crashed the game?!

A bad sport? Nah, a total jerk! Wyld - I hope you're taking note.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
No, nerfing doesn't mean that the player would be punished in any way.

Typical internet argument:

Person A: Doing X that leads to Y is wrong
Person B: But doing X can also lead to Z therefor X isn't wrong.
The rest of teh intarwebz: Dude, you're missing the effin' point

He's not saying that nerfing / rebalancing is bad and that is punishes people. He's saying that a nerf that just punishes people is bad. Learn to read.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Typical internet argument:

Person A: Doing X that leads to Y is wrong
Person B: But doing X can also lead to Z therefor X isn't wrong.
The rest of teh intarwebz: Dude, you're missing the effin' point

He's not saying that nerfing / rebalancing is bad and that is punishes people. He's saying that a nerf that just punishes people is bad. Learn to read.
lmao the voice of reason who would have guessed.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

Definitely. Quake is a good example: the rocket launcher was kind in Quake multiplayer. You really didn't do anything else than grab that gun and go kill people with it. Still was a completely awesome game.

Nerfing is a good option if NOT nerfing hurts the game. Just making stuff tedious for the heck of it is rediculous.

Another question: what exactly was the wood>plank nerf GT added anyway? Less planks or did you need a machine?[DOUBLEPOST=1374063985][/DOUBLEPOST]
lmao the voice of reason who would have guessed.

I aim to please ;)

Reactions: casilleroatr

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019

Hmmh. The context was nerfs in general, not a particular situation. I think I can read just fine, also... sorry for upsetting you.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmh. The context was nerfs in general, not a particular situation. I think I can read just fine, also... sorry for upsetting you.

No, the context of the whole discussion is the GregTech nerfs and the resulting 'war' between mods. What you're doing is trying to pull off a straw man. Shame on you for trying to use cheesy debating tactics :)

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
If you take a log of wood and make planks out of it in your crafting table ... you get 2 planks instead of four.
To get 4 you need to use a sawmill. (bug)
To get 4 you need to use GT hand saw (required plate bending machine and other stuff)
To get 6 you need to use GT sawmill.

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely. Quake is a good example: the rocket launcher was kind in Quake multiplayer. You really didn't do anything else than grab that gun and go kill people with it. Still was a completely awesome game.

Agreed. That is a good example and pretty much ended defining the whole multiplayer aspect of Quake series. Points to you sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.