Greg Tech opinion discussions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbits1974

Jul 29, 2019
CrissHill, I disagree, users will still play FTB because of it's convenience. If they have modders who are making their lives more difficult, then they will go elsewhere. If these two coast through this, not only is the behavior encouraged for them, but also for everyone else behind them. Eventually, someone will come along that will take all of this too far, we're almost already there with this.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
I actually do hope that they'd do that. I really hope they would kick GT out of FTB and hurt themselves in the process. GT has a major following and alot of people will move to a different launcher provider if that happens. That is the only reason they still havent kicked GT out, because they're afraid it will split their community.

(FTB guys and Mdiyo playing on the same server just makes it so that Mdiyo is here to stay and FTB guys will keep defending him.. I wouldnt even be surprised if they're encouraging Mdiyo to start a fight with Greg)

criss since you have stated that its impossible to like a part of something but not all of it as stated here:

Yes, you DONT want part of gregtech = You dont like gregtech. simple as that. Don't tell a mod maker how to make his mod, dont like it? Don't play it, wish the mod was different? Make your own version of it. It doesn't get more simple than that.

and you obviously have a problem with FTB why are you on the FTB forums complaining about what we think about gregtech as you yourself have said if you dont like it go make a "better" version instead of sitting here complaining about it.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, you DONT want part of gregtech = You dont like gregtech. simple as that. Don't tell a mod maker how to make his mod, dont like it? Don't play it, wish the mod was different? Make your own version of it. It doesn't get more simple than that.

Bunk. Not liking aspects of something doesn't mean you don't like something full stop. I don't like raisins, bread pudding commonly includes raisins, the fact that I dislike raisins doesn't prevent me from liking bread pudding, in fact I positively love bread pudding.

Paul17041993

Mar 17, 2013
Australia
www.vectrobe.net
thing Ive found with gregtech, I cant take it seriously if things are disabled and/or not in hard mode...

its a game changing mod that adds various difficulties and "grinding" you can use to make awesome machine setups to get by, but if another mod wants to go as far as use malicious code to bypass forge and disable parts of the previous mod, I cant support them...
2013-06-11_200115_zpsa373f721.png

while I don't particularly support bukkit much, I do help run a few forge servers alongside my own private one, I don't want any mod that breaks things on purpose...
(apart from error checking, Id rather see crashlogs then lost chunks...)

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Whoever the person/s were who alerted Mojang, I hope we dont all look back to regret this little saga. I suppose their monitoring of the situation cant be a bad thing -- they do seem to have been very supportive of the modded game, which truly has extended the life of MC -- but surely we dont need them to get involved?

Or might this "crashing the game" warrant a response. We'll have to wait and see.

Popparay

Jul 29, 2019
well mDiyo already said he doesnt want his mod to be used in a modpack with GT. Your hate towards Greg just made you blind to that fact.

I never once said I hate Greg, but he has crossed the line by purposely crashing clients who do not bend to his will. He has lost my respect and from the looks of things on this thread the respect of the FTB users.

mDiyo doesnt want his mod to be in packs with GT because he is making a stand against Gregs ego, Greg doesnt want his mod to be in packs with mDiyos mods because of his ego. That is the difference.

Greg lost any chance of legitimising his malicious code when he made this comment

4. I add Code to crash, when getting hacked. Crashes do NOT HARM PEOPLE and are therefor not considered malicious by me.

What planet does he live on??

Reactions: Flipz and Brysett

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
and you obviously have a problem with FTB why are you on the FTB forums complaining about what we think about gregtech as you yourself have said if you dont like it go make a "better" version instead of sitting here complaining about it.

Ehh? What? What kind of problem do i have with FTB? WHAT!?

Please. explain this. thoroughly.[DOUBLEPOST=1374237968][/DOUBLEPOST]
I never once said I hate Greg, but he has crossed the line by purposely crashing clients who do not bend to his will. He has lost my respect and from the looks of things on this thread the respect of the FTB users.

mDiyo doesnt want his mod to be in packs with GT because he is making a stand against Gregs ego, Greg doesnt want his mod to be in packs with mDiyos mods because of his ego. That is the difference.

well it's pretty obvious... this is the reason why i said that:

1. Mdiyo states that he doesnt want his mod to be distributed with GT
2. No comment from PoppaRay
3. Greg states that he doesnt want his mod to be distributed with TC
4. This is huge - thinks poppa, and comes to the forums talking about it.

also while I don't think Greg did the right thing by halting the startup, i wouldn't call it malicious either. It crashed gracefully in startup with an error message saying what the problem was. It couldn't do ANY HARM to your minecraft world, installation nor your computer.. = not malicious.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
Ehh? What? What kind of problem do i have with FTB? WHAT!?

Please. explain this. thoroughly.

you said and I quote "(FTB guys and Mdiyo playing on the same server just makes it so that Mdiyo is here to stay and FTB guys will keep defending him.. I wouldnt even be surprised if they're encouraging Mdiyo to start a fight with Greg)" YOU said you think the FTB team is encouraging Mdiyo to start a fight with greg now i did infer from that that you have a problem with the FTB team or you would not have stated that you think they are egging Mdiyo on now if that is not having a problem with the FTB team please enlighten me to what having a problem with the FTB team is

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
you said and I quote "(FTB guys and Mdiyo playing on the same server just makes it so that Mdiyo is here to stay and FTB guys will keep defending him.. I wouldnt even be surprised if they're encouraging Mdiyo to start a fight with Greg)" YOU said you think the FTB team is encouraging Mdiyo to start a fight with greg now i did infer from that that you have a problem with the FTB team or you would not have stated that you think they are egging Mdiyo on now if that is not having a problem with the FTB team please enlighten me to what having a problem with the FTB team is

Stating something like that doesn't mean i have a problem with them. I honestly don't care about this Mdiyo incident in the slightest anymore. What I care about is people spreading false information due to their hate towards Greg, and alot of people are siding with Mdiyo not because Mdiyo would be doing the -right thing- but because they hate Greg too much.

My opinion is that both of the modders are acting like immature spoiled brats. Tbh, i dont even know why im here reading this thread, as most of the posts here are bullshit and i'm just feeding to that. maybe i'm just bored out of my skull and can't find any other enjoyment than this thread ;)

Popparay

Jul 29, 2019
well it's pretty obvious... this is the reason why i said that:

1. Mdiyo states that he doesnt want his mod to be distributed with GT
2. No comment from PoppaRay
3. Greg states that he doesnt want his mod to be distributed with TC
4. This is huge - thinks poppa, and comes to the forums talking about it.

also while I don't think Greg did the right thing by halting the startup, i wouldn't call it malicious either. It crashed gracefully in startup with an error message saying what the problem was. It couldn't do ANY HARM to your minecraft world, installation nor your computer.. = not malicious.

mDiyo never actually said he didn't want them in the same pack together only recommended that they don't play well together unless I missed something, in which case I will hold my hands up. The first I heard he asked for them not to be in the same pack was in Gregs post on the IC2 forums, so your argument above is invalid.

the fact you believe that purposely crashing a game is not malicious makes it obvious that any sane debate or argument with you is fruitless. There is no defending what he did.

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
the fact you believe that purposely crashing a game is not malicious makes it obvious that any sane debate or argument with you is fruitless. There is no defending what he did.

If you knew anything about anything relating to modding you'd also know that alot of mods crash the game purposely during load up. The problem is not the CRASHING, it's crashing the game for maybe too small of a reason.

It was a stupid move, but it wasnt malicious, malicious would mean that it intends to do harm to the user or his property.

Cacofiend

Jul 29, 2019
Stating something like that doesn't mean i have a problem with them. I honestly don't care about this Mdiyo incident in the slightest anymore. What I care about is people spreading false information due to their hate towards Greg, and alot of people are siding with Mdiyo not because Mdiyo would be doing the -right thing- but because they hate Greg too much.

No, they aren't. I'm fairly new to FTB, but I run a small private server with a group of friends. Despite one of them (who got me to even look at FTB) protesting against GregTech (because he didn't care for the Macerator recipe, among other things) we went ahead with default GT anyway.

Personally, I loved it. The multi-block structures, the Chemical Reactor, all of it. But then this happened. And I started doing digging, and I'm aghast at not only Greg's attitude (again, someone I didn't even know about until recent history) but the attitude of people like yourself. You may not see crashing the client as malicious, but yours is not a statement of fact. mDiyo may be in the wrong as well, but Greg added client crashing code. Not mDyio - and I reiterate, I don't even know much about him, nor do I have any inherent desire to side with him. I will, however, actively side against anyone that feels the need to insert code which will crash a client for arbitrary reasons, and then attempt to foist that responsibility off on someone else.

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
No, they aren't. I'm fairly new to FTB, but I run a small private server with a group of friends. Despite one of them (who got me to even look at FTB) protesting against GregTech (because he didn't care for the Macerator recipe, among other things) we went ahead with default GT anyway.

Personally, I loved it. The multi-block structures, the Chemical Reactor, all of it. But then this happened. And I started doing digging, and I'm aghast at not only Greg's attitude (again, someone I didn't even know about until recent history) but the attitude of people like yourself. You may not see crashing the client as malicious, but yours is not a statement of fact. mDiyo may be in the wrong as well, but Greg added client crashing code. Not mDyio - and I reiterate, I don't even know much about him, nor do I have any inherent desire to side with him. I will, however, actively side against anyone that feels the need to insert code which will crash a client for arbitrary reasons, and then attempt to foist that responsibility off on someone else.

Yes, greg is a jerk. no denying that. BUT If you avoid mods that add client crashing code you can't even play modded minecraft.

But yeah that's my cue and i'll try to stay away from this thread now. Let's hope the guys come to their senses, grow up and ask forgiveness for their immature behaviour and fix their mods.

brainbaobao

Jul 29, 2019
Crisshill said:
how is this not malicious? malicious software by definition is code that interferes with a computer's common function, and/or sends personal data to unauthorized parties.
Greg, by inserting his little piece of code here, intentionally interfered with the computer's function. Therefore it is malicious.

My opinion is that both of the modders are acting like immature spoiled brats. Tbh, i dont even know why im here reading this thread, as most of the posts here are bullshit and i'm just feeding to that. maybe i'm just bored out of my skull and can't find any other enjoyment than this thread ;)

1. I loved gregtech and I never once hated greg. Tbh, I love most additions and nerfs added to the game, for it adds challenge. But he has been putting his mod over the others and is forcing them to play by his rules. This time he has gone too far with the nerf and people aren't happy about it. Another modmaker also isn't happy about it, and acting a little rash, writes code that overrides the nerf. This activity is a huge part of greg's mod and he doesn't always provide configs.
2. Yes,both have acted immaturely, but more so greg than mDiyo. mDiyo did nothing harming the player while greg did. None of the arguments made for greg are valid.
Also, by saying most posts are shit, you are acting immaturely in the face of a debate.
[DOUBLEPOST=1374239717][/DOUBLEPOST]sigh...well i'm out. 37 pages of debate and we don't even know what we're debating about. We're debating on whether greg's crash was justified or not, and by no means it is.

Cacofiend

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, greg is a jerk. no denying that. BUT If you avoid mods that add client crashing code you can't even play modded minecraft.

But yeah that's my cue and i'll try to stay away from this thread now. Let's hope the guys come to their senses, grow up and ask forgiveness for their immature behaviour and fix their mods.

Perhaps. But this is the first time I've seen it done intentionally, even if my experience is not all encompassing.

Reactions: Flipz and Whovian

Midnightvulpine

Jul 29, 2019
They are already doing this. 152NGT and 152GT are even already released (use those codes to get the versions). Also your arguments and opinions are quite common among the people that don't like GT. It's also -absolutely- ok to not like it.

Yes, I know about both of those. But they're beta. I prefer to wait for the release version. Remains to be seen if a GT free version will be released in final. My expressing my opinion is a means to help make sure it happens.

BTW, I don't need your justification for my preferences. As my comments note, I am aware it's fine to like or not like things.

Tbh, i dont even know why im here reading this thread, as most of the posts here are bullshit and i'm just feeding to that. maybe i'm just bored out of my skull and can't find any other enjoyment than this thread ;)

I agree. If you're bored, shouldn't you be, I don't know, playing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.