Greg Tech opinion discussions go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, I was just on the IC2 forums and it's completely different from over here o_O

"Hey greg,
I'm not much of an active poster here but I do use your mod extensively to play.
However, I have some things disabled with the help of configs (like the Matter Fabricator).
I must say that it's the only mod that makes me play MC.
As it implies, I fully support you in the war against TiC since I consider it to have been started and fueled on purpose
to harm your addon and you personally.
P.S. I'd also like to see Gregtech merged into IC2 to form IC3
smile.png
"

Sure, fine, have your own opinion. After all, I'm not going to tell you which mods you can enjoy (Unlike greg)
Wanna know what he was replying to?

Greg's rant;
So, let me look at what exactly was happenening:
0. I added a fully Configurable nerf to the vanilla way of getting Planks, and added a new Way of getting Planks at the old ratio using a Saw.
1. You added a Wooden Plank Recipe in a hacky and badly implemented way to avoid my change to vanilla Minecraft.
2. I get reports about not working Configs, when TConstruct is getting updated.
3. I test it, and then I see how bad you have done that hack. There were at least 2 Ways to do that better. 3 if you count the Part Builder.
4. I add Code to crash, when getting hacked. Crashes do NOT HARM PEOPLE and are therefor not considered malicious by me.
5. You came here and asked for us both to cease Fire, and end this shit, and we did do that BOTH. I even removed the Pumpkin of Shame from you.
6. I considered that as a peace agreement, and stopped doing anything bad in conjunction with TConstruct.
7. Slowpoke contacted me to find out what was happening and I explained everything very accurate.
8. Less than 30 minutes later, you considered that as a chance to do a great douchemove and readd that senseless hack, and then call me the bad one.
9. Congratulations, you are now even below my own Standards, and that means something, because I never go below my own Standards.
Btw. You do NOT own Wood. Mojang owns Wood, so the only one complaining here should be a member of Mojang. And I did not modify anything in TConstruct, so all your concerns about Wood are invalid.

Also as far as I know, your hack is causing Bukkit incompatibility, as bukkit disallows Recipes being added after the postload Phase, but the Source of that information is RawCode, so I am not sure.

I will give you your Pumpkin back, just because of the general stupidness you have shown. You promised to cease fire with that Wood conflict, then you readded it with a conflicting Config, just so that you can become the "Hero" for a lot of retards. You plain lied to people without any reason except for attacking me. That is just low. You deserve the Pumpkin of Shame more than Immibis does for annoying me with his targeted Code against me. I didn't lie anywhere in this war, but I saw you talking untrue things around here.

Okay, I will go and tell Slowpoke to not include GregTech together with TConstruct or any other mDiyo Mod in the same Pack, as he offered me. And I know you did that already. I just want to make sure it stays like that, because of you constantly lying to people.

-----

Seeing the stuff on the recent Page, I have to say, that too many Modders out there are going for fame at any price, as if it were the Ring. We just have an example right above. mDiyo tries to get famous, just by telling random lies about me and being generally against me.

I on the other hand, don't give a shit about fame, and tell people what I do/did, why I do/did it and most of the time even how I do/did it, no matter if that what I have done is being considered good or bad. Pretty much everything "bad" I do, is public knowledge, as I don't hide those bad things. I even tell everyone about it.
Source: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7156&pageNo=854

If he can get away with calling changes "hacks" and generally acting like a moron (The Pumpkin of Shame, WTF?) and have these people stroke his ego like it's a puppy, no wonder he's got such a warped view of how he's seen. I think he's just surrounded himself with acolytes and tells himself that everybody loves his mod, because that's the only way I could justify how much of a jerk he is now.
Yes, name-calling.

Until now, Greg was the guy who made a decent mod (which I used to defend). Then, he was the guy who crashed FTB users.
Now, he's the guy who would write such a lie-filled piece of crud as that post above.

Respect for Greg = -9001.

Reactions: giesergast

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Indeed, since he doesn't care about the users, why should we care about his mod? Ditch it and end all this useless "debate/arguements/opinions/ego stroking".

Plenty of other mods out there in development that look very promising.

Reactions: Loufmier

Droideka30

Jul 29, 2019
The way I see it, if you are playing a mod pack with GregTech, then you are really playing GregTech with a bunch of other mods. Don't take that as me minimizing other mods, its just feels like GregTech is a total conversion mod that involves all the others in the pack. I have a suspicion that Gregorious sees it this way as well.
The problem here is that Gregtech is turning into a total conversion mod, but it still calls itself an ic2 addon. Greg says he doesn't care about modpacks like FTB, but his reaction to mDiyo shows otherwise.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
We will be leaving this thread open for the random rants that pop up frequently about GT. Rant here politely then move on to the rest of the forums. Pro or Con GT rants anywhere else may randomly vanish for no apparent reason. There are too many threads on the topic. This is not permission for name-calling, insults, mudslinging etc.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
If they're both arguing like children then we should treat them like it.
What they are doing is not constructive and it's not productive either, it's counter-productive and a pain in the butt. They are just causing mishap for thousands of people, they are cutting their noses off to spit their face and it's pathetic.

Remove both mods from FTB, post up by why they were removed and if people want one or the other they can install it; the launcher is designed to add/remove mods quite easily. I'll go one step further, I'll even make a video on how to add Tinkers or Gregtechs to a modpack on the FTB launcher.

Both of them have clearly (based on what previous people have said in this post and third party) expressed they don't care about FTB, then FTB shouldn't care about them; pussy foot around them or go to any degree to sort anything out. If people want their mods, they can install them manually and when these people have an issue installing it, they will be pestered with support and questions which is brought on from their own selfish little pointless fights.

Popparay

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how packs will look after Gregs last Rant on the IC2 forums and him declaring that he doesnt want his mods and mDiyos mods in the same packs. This feels like flowerchild all over again.

lolpierandom

Jul 29, 2019
If they're both arguing like children then we should treat them like it.
What they are doing is not constructive and it's not productive either, it's counter-productive and a pain in the butt. They are just causing mishap for thousands of people, they are cutting their noses off to spit their face and it's pathetic.

Remove both mods from FTB, post up by why they were removed and if people want one or the other they can install it; the launcher is designed to add/remove mods quite easily. I'll go one step further, I'll even make a video on how to add Tinkers or Gregtechs to a modpack on the FTB launcher.

Both of them have clearly expressed they don't care about FTB, then FTB shouldn't care about them; pussy foot around them or go to any degree to sort anything out. If people want their mods, they can install them manually and when these people have an issue installing it, they will be pestered with support and questions which is brought on from their own selfish little pointless fights.

Care to show where you found that mDiyo doesn't care about FTB? I've certainly seen much to the contrary, especially considering how he's fairly involved with Forgecraft and FTB as a whole.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how packs will look after Gregs last Rant on the IC2 forums and him declaring that he doesnt want his mods and mDiyos mods in the same packs. This feels like flowerchild all over again.

As I've said earlier, the answer seems obvious to me. mDiyo's mods are more fun, less intrusive, and are made by a person who's not a colossal, condescending ass, drop Greg like the bad habit he is and keep Tinkers Construct and Natura.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Care to show where you found that mDiyo doesn't care about FTB? I've certainly seen much to the contrary, especially considering how he's fairly involved with Forgecraft and FTB as a whole.

Comments previous said about how they said they don't care (untruthful? Just going on what previous people have said), we all know they do care! Personally I think both the mods are incredible and it's a shame to see both of them collide and bash heads like this. It's just a pointless fight and it's causing too much animosity.

Paul_T

Jul 29, 2019
As I've said earlier, the answer seems obvious to me. mDiyo's mods are more fun, less intrusive, and are made by a person who's not a colossal, condescending ass, drop Greg like the bad habit he is and keep Tinkers Construct and Natura.

Seconded.

Reactions: Blu_Haze

lolpierandom

Jul 29, 2019
Comments previous said about how they said they don't care (untruthful? Just going on what previous people have said), we all know they do care! Personally I think both the mods are incredible and it's a shame to see both of them collide and bash heads like this. It's just a pointless fight and it's causing too much animosity.

All I've read about mDiyo regarding modpacks is that TiC and GT shouldn't be in the same pack- and he has a damn good point. Gregtech is too encompassing to slap mods around in it- a public pack for general use should either focus on GT or not have it at all.

The only person I've read that says he doesn't care about public modpacks is Greg, but that's nothing new- he's basically shown nothing but animosity for FTB for a while now.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
All I've read about mDiyo regarding modpacks is that TiC and GT shouldn't be in the same pack- and he has a damn good point. Gregtech is too encompassing to slap mods around in it- a public pack for general use should either focus on GT or not have it at all.

The only person I've read that says he doesn't care about public modpacks is Greg, but that's nothing new- he's basically shown nothing but animosity for FTB for a while now.

It's simple, we kill the batman.

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
This argument is a favourite of Gregites and it's a complete logical fallacy, the world doesn't run on black and white, there are not simply people who love Gregtech and people who hate it, there are all manner of people in between. There are people, like myself, who used to like Gregtech when it was an expansion of IC2, it added useful advanced versions of the basic IC2 machines and new generators that provided alternative options for generating power, what we don't like is that Greg decided he wasn't content with this and decided what he really wanted is to be a total conversion like Better Than Wolves but doesn't want to admit to this fact. There are people who like Greg's mod but are sick of Greg himself.

Yes, you DONT want part of gregtech = You dont like gregtech. simple as that. Don't tell a mod maker how to make his mod, dont like it? Don't play it, wish the mod was different? Make your own version of it. It doesn't get more simple than that.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019

On a serious note, both incredible developers are mashing heads and causing issues for the community and it needs to be sorted. Is it fair that one mod gets taken out and the other doesn't?
Two separate packs, one with gregtech, one with tinkers construct. We're going to have to work around the issues, which we shouldn't have to do if I am honest. You get enough of this BS in the outside world, I don't want to deal with it here where I come to chill out and play a game.

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019

well mDiyo already said he doesnt want his mod to be used in a modpack with GT. Your hate towards Greg just made you blind to that fact.

redbits1974

Jul 29, 2019
It really is a privilege for these modders to get exposure by the FTB team, not a divine right. There are so many talented people out there who are just getting started; who if give a little bit of time could produce mods that would blow these guys away. You guys (and I am speaking to the FTB team) really ought to make an example, set the standard of decorum and give both these guys the boot. End of story. An example is a powerful thing. I guarantee that you would face this problem far less in the future, and somebody will fill the vacuum rather quickly.

Reactions: Flipz

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
It really is a privilege for these modders to get exposure by the FTB team, not a divine right. There are so many talented people out there who are just getting started; who if give a little bit of time could produce mods that would blow these guys away. You guys (and I am speaking to the FTB team) really ought to make an example, set the standard of decorum and give both these guys the boot. End of story. An example is a powerful thing. I guarantee that you would face this problem far less in the future, and somebody will fill the vacuum rather quickly.

I actually do hope that they'd do that. I really hope they would kick GT out of FTB and hurt themselves in the process. GT has a major following and alot of people will move to a different launcher provider if that happens. That is the only reason they still havent kicked GT out, because they're afraid it will split their community.

(FTB guys and Mdiyo playing on the same server just makes it so that Mdiyo is here to stay and FTB guys will keep defending him.. I wouldnt even be surprised if they're encouraging Mdiyo to start a fight with Greg)

Midnightvulpine

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly don't know the history of tension between people who like and don't like GregTech. I don't care enough to sort through the dross of he said, she said, he did, she did, etc. So I'll just give you my honest opinion when it comes to GregTech.

I don't like it. I never liked it and I never will.

That said, I know some do like it. Call it 'hard mode' if you want. I call it grind mode. Grinding isn't hard. It's just annoying. Nothing about Minecraft is hard, except when it comes to figuring out how to take three different mods and combine elements of each to make an interesting, automated system. Having to wait however much longer to get to the point where you have resources to experiment frustrates me. As does the added artificial levels of 'difficulty' that GT supposedly adds. Which amount to just cramming more steps into a process that doesn't require them.

I want to play FTB Ultimate. But I can't enjoy it because either I have to deal with GregTech making simple tasks harder for no good reason(IMO) or I have to apply a config that hopefully will remove all of those annoying 'hard' recipes and let me get to enjoying the game. Which doesn't always work on servers very well, ending up with the normal recipes working, but leaving the 'harder' ones on display.

Sure, it's probably a configuration error, but tell me this. Why do I, who don't care for GregTech, have to jump through the hoops to get this thing the way I want it? After all, it's the users of GT that like things hard. They'd be the sort who would prefer dealing with configs and other dross. Me, I just want to play the game. So I generally play with Direwolf20's pack. Though it lacks a few things I want from Ultimate, like Bibliocraft and it's useful toys.

But you know what? There is a very, very simple way to deal with this. You want to know what it is?

Make a separate version of Ultimate with GT and remove it from the current version.

There. In one fell swoop, 90% of the issues are gone. People who want GT can have it. People who don't, can avoid it. Heck, let Greg administer the version of Ultimate that has his mod in it. I'm sure that would make him blissfully happy. Or not, doesn't matter to me. Baseline, I don't like GT. I want it out. But I'm not against other people enjoying it if they want to. I just don't want to have to wedge in with them or be forced to use something else that doesn't have what I like in it.

Reactions: Hyperme

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
Make a separate version of Ultimate with GT and remove it from the current version.

They are already doing this. 152NGT and 152GT are even already released (use those codes to get the versions). Also your arguments and opinions are quite common among the people that don't like GT. It's also -absolutely- ok to not like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.