greg has lost his mind.......

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
I'm going to go tell greg. I'm sorry everyone, but gregtech just ain't hard if it isn't hard, if that makes any sense at all. Please don't kill me.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
The sole voice of reason in a forum full of people with voices of non-reason.
GT is too easy. It's about grinding. There's no complicated thing there, it's just too... time-consuming. It is based around a Skinner's Box principle, which, IMO, makes it a mod that draws people in and out, depending on the person. I like GT, but... I don't know, Greg should take in consideration that "you should go to the Nether to get ore doubling" is downright ridiculous. And to go to the Nether you need 4 diamonds. And over 200 iron. And over 100 rubber. And a fuckton of Redstone. Or trust the RNG.
Just to go to the Nether.
Wanna make going to the Nether harder?
Go.
But do it in a way your players will have to spend half of their time underground instead of being able to experiment with other stuff just to get to the Nether. Add a one-time flint and steel using flint and "fire rock", which triggers the Nether Portal and spawns a Ghast with it, I don't know.

Reactions: The classless

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Kidding aside, now that GT is not in the mainstream packs, you RARELY see any GT posts on the forums or the reddit. I think that speaks volumes to the mod's supposed popularity. When he was shoved down people's throats by being in the featured FTB pack Ultimate, there were posts all over the place. Now, he's a true non-issue.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Kidding aside, now that GT is not in the mainstream packs, you RARELY see any GT posts on the forums or the reddit. I think that speaks volumes to the mod's supposed popularity. When he was shoved down people's throats by being in the featured FTB pack Ultimate, there were posts all over the place. Now, he's a true non-issue.
Actually I think most of us gregtech fans hang around the IC2 forum.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I think that is that and RedBoss' opinion.
Not only he was forcefed, most of his fans don't lurk around here.
I'm glad either way. Now excuse me, I have to see if my Sword of the Condor will let me fly while on a horse

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Why use a Sword of the Condor when you could fly ... with blood an Air Sigil?
uploadfromtaptalk1381108366484.jpg

You are correct sir. I stand corrected. I'll begin preparations post haste

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I love and miss GregTech. The sheer amount of resources you can get once you put together an IGrinder is worth the extreme effort to put it together in the first place. Being able to get glowstone out of redstone ore and the massive amount of redstone you get make it much easier than vanilla.

I won't lie, I sorta miss the shiny things Greg adds as well. But at the same time... no. Just no. Never again.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Why not flying on a horse with an Air Sigil AND a Sword of the Condor?
Turn that horse into a Pegasus.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just give pig trail mix?

Anyways, let's get back on topic: GT; I really do like that mod. It adds very useful things, Advanced Chainsaw derp, thats from gravitation suite, I. Grinder, and many other things of the sort. I also really like how most things are multiblocks, because they can be quite complex for pipe networks.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Greg should take in consideration that "you should go to the Nether to get ore doubling" is downright ridiculous.

Where is it written in stone that ore doubling has to be easy to obtain? Seems to me that doubling your resources should be a pretty big deal, doesn't it?

I was curious, why does Applied Energistics screw me over with the needless tedium, but not get the flack Gregtech does?

I have to craft a knife that has durability, to make processors and THEN run them through a furnace. Why not just let me craft the complete processors? It's like... making me bend plates or something. Why make me craft this knife? The cost is so small, why not just add an iron to the top crafting box. instead i have to keep this knife around. Pointless. And crafting cables... I still play ultimate, now i hear to make AE cables in newer versions you have to go to the nether for nether quartz?

For some reason stuff like this gets completely ignored, but if greg does the exact same thing it brings out the hordes of naysayers.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I have to craft a knife that has durability, to make processors and THEN run them through a furnace. Why not just let me craft the complete processors? It's like... making me bend plates or something. Why make me craft this knife? The cost is so small, why not just add an iron to the top crafting box. instead i have to keep this knife around. Pointless. And crafting cables... I still play ultimate, now i hear to make AE cables in newer versions you have to go to the nether for nether quartz?

That's a rather poor choice of mod to argue with. AE is one of the worst mods about purposeless layered crafting that adds literally nothing. The only redeeming quality of it is that the mod itself adds the ability to autocraft the items but this isn't really a solution. Part of the requirement of an item shouldn't be "stand at a crafting bench for 20 minutes."

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
The difference: AE works outside it's own mod eco-system.
Also, notice I said "over 200 iron, 100 rubber, a fuckton of redstone, 4 diamonds (for the MFE)" just to go to the Nether. And I forgot Copper! While some may say that ore doubling shouldn't be easy to get, it should not cost more than what most people have after they get ore doubling. There's this fine line between just enough so you feel like you worked for it and downright forcing you to become a mole.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Where is it written in stone that ore doubling has to be easy to obtain? Seems to me that doubling your resources should be a pretty big deal, doesn't it?

I was curious, why does Applied Energistics screw me over with the needless tedium, but not get the flack Gregtech does?
Doubling ores isn't that big of a deal to most people, or most mod devs from how accessible this is.

AE never changes the game, recipes, or tech structure of anything. It's completely optional. When GT was introduced into Ultimate, it dominated the tech of the pack. That's a huge deal with an easy access pack and so many users who lacked the knowledge to defeat the configs. But he's relegated to a small mod pack based around his views on mods. Break out the Kool Whip

AE is just another mod. It's existance doesn't change the game. You have multiple logistics options, so AE isn't your only choice. The benefits of AE seem to be worth the grind it offers. GT for many people was never worth the effort. Some people really enjoyed his tech, not his grind. Others plainly hate GT for the time and effort they feel they wasted on his tedium when they didn't get fun in return.

Meanwhile AE is offering enough fun and convenience to justify its grind in the eyes of many people.

Status
Not open for further replies.