1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

greg has lost his mind.......

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by dannypeck, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannypeck

dannypeck New Member

look....... 4 iridium? for an ore that common? :O[DOUBLEPOST=1381084002][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry for double post, it wouldnt let me post image 2013-10-06_19.22.19.png

2. SpitefulFox

SpitefulFox New Member

There's nothing "common" about building an Industrial Grinder.

3. dannypeck

dannypeck New Member

i was talking about the ore, not the grinder :D as in, osmium ore

4. Sub

Sub New Member

what's the catalyst? You didn't take that one into account either.

5. dannypeck

dannypeck New Member

2013-10-06_19.40.23.png Even with water, its 4 nuggets. the mercury just makes 3 osmium, not 2

6. Harvest88

Harvest88 New Member

I think it's A) the matter fabricator isn't working or B) or it's his "hook" to get IC2 players to download his mod.

Loufmier likes this.
  7. PhantomRage

PhantomRage New Member

Bet it has something to do with his Osmium Ore (not Mekanism's), but not quite sure about that tbh, never played for awhile. Might see something else. I believe osmium and iridium in real life are found in close proximity, or alloyed to each other, so that may be a reasoning for Iridium Nuggets. Believe it has something to do with his own Osmium Ore if he adds one, though.

8. dannypeck

dannypeck New Member

fair enough, i think i better hide this little fact from mr greg, considering a stack of osmium=28.5 iridium......
    and unlike platinum, you keep the osmium too

9. Shakie666

Shakie666 New Member

How rare is osmium? Because you get the same amount from sheldonite (or more with mercury cells) which isn't exactly rare.

I think many people miss the point of GT, it isn't just about 'making things harder'. If Greg is introduces a bunch of new stuff that needs iridium, then another way of getting it seems quite reasonable.

10. dannypeck

dannypeck New Member

i dont have any numbers, but i have (had) 900 osmium from 2 64*64 quarries :D and now i have over 3 stacks of iridium ingots, without any matterfabs :D (compared to 3 iridium ore)

11. khorozm

khorozm New Member

Maybe it is labelled as orePlatinum or something like that? It is from mekanism right?

12. SonOfABirch

SonOfABirch New Member

People still play with gregtech? I thought that ridiculous fad had passed. Ah well.

13. Shakie666

Shakie666 New Member

Why is it a 'ridiculous fad'? Who are you to tell people what mods they can and cannot use?

PeggleFrank, dgdas9, Siro and 8 others like this.
  14. SonOfABirch

SonOfABirch New Member

calm yo' titties, and please, highlight the area where I tell people what mods they can and can not use.
    People, gather round, in case you didn't know what one was, this is a classic case of the straw man fallacy.

dgdas9, Pokefenn, Anubis and 7 others like this.
  15. WayofTime

WayofTime New Member

Quit being suck an Oak! =3

PeggleFrank, dgdas9, Pokefenn and 9 others like this.
  16. SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta New Member

GregTech is not about making things hard.

dgdas9, YX33A, Salamileg9 and 3 others like this.
  17. Shakie666

Shakie666 New Member

The sole voice of reason in a forum full of people with voices of non-reason.

18. KingTriaxx

KingTriaxx Forum Addict

I love and miss GregTech. The sheer amount of resources you can get once you put together an IGrinder is worth the extreme effort to put it together in the first place. Being able to get glowstone out of redstone ore and the massive amount of redstone you get make it much easier than vanilla.

19. Mashy14

Mashy14 New Member

I wonder how long this thread will take to get locked.

20. SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta New Member

I'm pretty sure Law is/was watching this thread. As long as no rules are being broken (the name kind of does that, but none of the content really does) it won't get locked.
    Edit: Seeing as Law liked my post, yes, mods are watching it.
    Add it to your packs.

Mashy14 and Lawbroken like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.