Gravisuite v1.7 Update Discussion

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
ChangeLog of Gravitation Suite 1.7:
+ Added new cool item "Advanced Jetpack"
-> energy storage 1 000 000 eu.
-> can charge at MFE, MFSU
-> overlocked engine - max height now limit to 256 ! (energy consumption 50% more than standart Electric Jetpack)
-> supplies with energy your electrotool (as drill, saw, laser and etc..)
-> can enable and disable jetpack engine for your convenience ("Fly" key)
-> boost mode (energy consumption x5 more)
-> advanced visual indication of charge state and work mode (you can change work mode by shift "Space bar" and press "Mode key" )

+ Added new cool item "GraviTool"
-> energy storage 100 000 eu.
-> universal tool, it's include 3 removable snap (wrench, hoe, treetap)
-> wrench work only at lossless mode !
-> you can change work mode by shift "right mouse button" and press "Mode key"
-> rebalanced standart electric hoe and treetap algorithm (now it's not dry energy if can't make operation)

+ Added "accurate mode" to Vajra (you can use by press "right mouse click")
+ New cool icons (advanced drill, chainsaw, vajra)
+ Added sounds to Advanced jetpack and GraviTool

- Sentimel

Thread: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=6915&pageNo=22
This is a small update released a few days ago but I would like your opinions on the new Advanced jetpack and the Gravitool. Personally, I think the jetpack and the gravitation chestplate were enough but I gladly welcome the addition of the advanced jetpack to close off the gap between the two. It will be really useful for those on a long journey where their jetpack always gave out. I have tried it out and it works rather well along with the fact that it can now recharge your tools. The boost mode on it is really nice as well as the new sounds. I have also tried the Gravitool and I must admit that it's very handy and is a must have for people (such as me) who often find themselves with little inventory space. The new accurate mode on the vajra is also an addition I really admire as it is extremely useful for situations in which you need that extra precision. The recipes are also very balanced imo and they would serve as great mid-game tools and gear. I have included some images of the recipes below:
2013-03-01_02.24.44.png
2013-03-01_02.25.01.png
2013-03-01_02.43.03.png

Let me know what you guys think about this new update!

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I am very disappointed. It turns GraviSuite from a set of great end-game gear to just another "here, have a tool/chestpiece that does everything" mod.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
I am very disappointed. It turns GraviSuite from a set of great end-game gear to just another "here, have a tool/chestpiece that does everything" mod.
I do see your point but you have to consider the up front cost as well.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Cost of what? Mixed metal alloys? Anything shown in the screenshots can be easily obtained in the first few hours of a new world.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
Cost of what? Mixed metal alloys? Anything shown in the screenshots can be easily obtained in the first few hours of a new world.
You do need 2 diamonds (3 without gregtech) along with 54 lapis. I dunno about you but lapis is somewhat rare for me and I would rather spend my first set of diamonds on something else instead of an advanced jetpack. You also need glowstone and I don't think you would have a million EU to charge it in the first couple of hours especially with GT hard recipes enabled.

Reactions: Confidential1207

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Adv Jetpack is much needed, specially with Mindcrack/gregtech and those hard to get to End asteroids. Not so much a fan of the boost mode though, if it makes you go faster that is, I mean servers struggle to load chunks when moving at a fast rate now. Anyone for running out of power and falling straight down out of the world? lol

Reactions: Guswut and Geometry

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I thought about this for a while. If I had any say in it, I would:

- Cut the EU storage down to 100,000 EU. This makes it equivalent to nano armor.
- Remove powering up tools. This is my major problem with it. The resource cost seems fine for an advanced jetpack, but not for a concept breaker.
- Possibly reduce cost very little as a result - like, remove one of the engine thingys.
- I would kinda like a "stay in one place" mode. Maybe add a little ambient bobbing, but make it useful when building on the bottom of a structure without having to feel like a yo-yo. This would make it a good stepping stone to a gravisuit.

The multitool is kinda meh. A hoe or a treetap aren't really that much used or useful, so it's basically a wrench with bigger energy storage. Here the issue is mainly Omniwrench being able to do the same thing but without using any power at all. Aside from that, I think it's fine (assuming it uses the same amount of energy as a regular wrench).

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
Adv Jetpack is much needed, specially with Mindcrack/gregtech and those hard to get to End asteroids. Not so much a fan of the boost mode though, if it makes you go faster that is, I mean servers struggle to load chunks when moving at a fast rate now. Anyone for running out of power and falling straight down out of the world? lol
Yea, I do agree with you on the boost mode and chunk loading ,but you do have a visual of how much energy is left.[DOUBLEPOST=1362137041][/DOUBLEPOST]
I thought about this for a while. If I had any say in it, I would:

- Cut the EU storage down to 100,000 EU. This makes it equivalent to nano armor.
- Remove powering up tools. This is my major problem with it. The resource cost seems fine for an advanced jetpack, but not for a concept breaker.
- Possibly reduce cost very little - like, remove one of the engine thingys.

The multitool is kinda meh. A hoe or a treetap aren't really that much used or useful, so it's basically a wrench with bigger energy storage. Here the issue is mainly Omniwrench being able to do the same thing but without using any power at all. Aside from that, I think it's fine (assuming it uses the same amount of energy as a regular wrench).
The Advanced jetpack takes 50% more energy than the ordinary jetpack and I think it very well needs that storage.Otherwise, it would run out of energy rather quick. Also the cost is perfect(imo) since it balances out the addition of being able to charge your tools. And just to confirm, the advanced jetpack doesn't have any armor value :) If it could stay in one place like the gravisuite, then I think it would become somewhat unbalanced as that is one of the specialties of the gravisuite. With this new jetpack added, the only real advantages the gravisuite has over it are: 10x more energy storage, provides armor protection, and the creative style fly mode.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
I like the look of the adv jetpack. And yes the extra energy storage is needed.
I have a long way to go in my new world untill I can even think of gravisuite, and swapping lappack/adv lappack with jet pack every few seconds is annoying as hell.

Been waiting for an advanced jetpack for a long time. Look forward to using it.

"can enable and disable jetpack engine for your convenience" Woot, that will really be usefull.

Reactions: Antice and Geometry

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I have a long way to go in my new world untill I can even think of gravisuite, and swapping lappack/adv lappack with jet pack every few seconds is annoying as hell.

"can enable and disable jetpack engine for your convenience" Woot, that will really be usefull.

I completely agree. I think the added cost for the added functionality is nice. And since it lacks any protection as well, It still makes the gravisuite attractive to those who feel the need to turtle up in major style.
Myself otoh. I'l probably get this as an upgrade/replacement for my old jetpack/battpack combo and stick with it. The gravisuit hovering ability is nice, but I don't really need it. It's one of those maybe later things in my book.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019

I really like the textures too and for people who can't afford the gravisuit, the advanced jetpack should really help out :cool:

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how many people complaining are on Direwolf20 pack.

This just adds competition to Modular Power Suits. Yeah, it does upset the balance for Mindcrack pack, a little.

Should've made the bottom plates on the jetpack wings Iridium Plates. So 4 total. Or replaced the Glass Fiber cable with Superconductor cable.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019

This just adds competition to Modular Power Suits. Yeah, it does upset the balance for Mindcrack pack, a little.

Should've made the bottom plates on the jetpack wings Iridium Plates. So 4 total. Or replaced the Glass Fiber cable with Superconductor cable.
I think that would have been way too expensive and would have made it more of an endgame item. People would just skip it and head straight for the gravisuit if it was that expensive.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

Where they can have enough Iridium for a full suit mere hours after spawning in a new world...

Not so thrilled with the tools, but the jetpack is a necessary mid-point before endgame. Hopefully it fliesl ike a jetpack and not like a graviton suit.[DOUBLEPOST=1362150100][/DOUBLEPOST]

Requiring Iridium is _end_game_. There is little difference between 1 iridium plate and 10 so your design would simply be an inferior graviton chest and never used.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
Where they can have enough Iridium for a full suit mere hours after spawning in a new world...

Not so thrilled with the tools, but the jetpack is a necessary mid-point before endgame. Hopefully it fliesl ike a jetpack and not like a graviton suit.[DOUBLEPOST=1362150100][/DOUBLEPOST]

Requiring Iridium is _end_game_. There is little difference between 1 iridium plate and 10 so your design would simply be an inferior graviton chest and never used.
I have tried it and it does indeed work just like a jetpack. It only uses energy when you are flying and the controls are also the same. The only difference is that you can actually turn it off unlike the original jetpack ;)

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
I completely agree. I think the added cost for the added functionality is nice. And since it lacks any protection as well, It still makes the gravisuite attractive to those who feel the need to turtle up in major style.
Myself otoh. I'l probably get this as an upgrade/replacement for my old jetpack/battpack combo and stick with it. The gravisuit hovering ability is nice, but I don't really need it. It's one of those maybe later things in my book.
Yea, the hovering is nice especially when building. If the advanced jetpack could hover, then I probably wouldn't even make a gravisuit.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
All I really wish is that I could enable/disable automatically powering my tools, as that is something I really like NOT doing often enough. But I won't complain (too loudly), as the rest of what we're getting with the advanced jetpack is wonderful.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
All I really wish is that I could enable/disable automatically powering my tools, as that is something I really like NOT doing often enough. But I won't complain (too loudly), as the rest of what we're getting with the advanced jetpack is wonderful.
What's wrong with it automatically charging your tools?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
What's wrong with it automatically charging your tools?

I've got my advanced diamond drill enchanted with efficiency five. When I use it, I need to click for the shortest time possible or I end up destroying things I don't mean to destroy. And when it runs out of power, it still works although a good bit slower (about normal diamond pickaxe speed), which I like more. Sometimes, though, it is nice to be able to devour all of the smooth stone in sight.

Besides that, I also would like better control over the energy level of my jetpack, so I won't have to deal with losing more power than planned as I often asteroid hop in the end.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I've got my advanced diamond drill enchanted with efficiency five. When I use it, I need to click for the shortest time possible or I end up destroying things I don't mean to destroy. And when it runs out of power, it still works although a good bit slower (about normal diamond pickaxe speed), which I like more. Sometimes, though, it is nice to be able to devour all of the smooth stone in sight.

Besides that, I also would like better control over the energy level of my jetpack, so I won't have to deal with losing more power than planned as I often asteroid hop in the end.

They really really really need to nerf that. MPS nerfed it and it was the right thing to do. Electric tools have no business being enchanted.

Reactions: Geometry