Gravisuite v1.7 Update Discussion

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
I think it looks nice, maybe 1 million is a little OTT with current 50% increase (80%? maybe less of a hike?). It's not a big deal regardless.

Mats seem fine, I think it would be cool if gregtech required you to use an energy flow circuit (1 platinum) instead of an advanced circuit on the actual jetpack craft. It would up it a bit without pushing it into iridium territory.

The multi-tool looks like a convenience. Also it was just a personal thing but I found the omniwrench did not remove base solars on my old server (haven't tried since), is it fully functioning now?

To correct a few comments - gravisuit is also incredibly fast compared to jetpacks at the cost of triple the energy consumption

They've said it's unintended and will be nerfing it, for me that's enough to avoid it

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
They really really really need to nerf that. MPS nerfed it and it was the right thing to do. Electric tools have no business being enchanted.

Last I heard about this they already nerfed it so that you could no longer use books to enchant them but I do not think that update made it into FTB yet.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
They really really really need to nerf that. MPS nerfed it and it was the right thing to do. Electric tools have no business being enchanted.

I agree, and all it took was destroying most of my base using it to make me say "Yeah, this is not cool". Although I still have YET to remove those enchants. Someday, maybe. Or not, as who knows how much longer I'll stick around on that world, heh heh.

Although too bad they don't have an advanced rock cutter, as silk touch on my drill was nice. No longer would I end up having to grab some smooth stone to replace the smooth stone I messed up, hahah.

Last I heard about this they already nerfed it so that you could no longer use books to enchant them but I do not think that update made it into FTB yet.
I'm on 8.0.1, and so even if it had been updated in 8.1.0, or even if it was updated before 8.0.0, I had already gotten them then. I don't think they'll remove the enchantments, but if so, well, we'll see then, right?

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
I think it looks nice, maybe 1 million is a little OTT with current 50% increase (80%? maybe less of a hike?). It's not a big deal regardless.

Mats seem fine, I think it would be cool if gregtech required you to use an energy flow circuit (1 platinum) instead of an advanced circuit on the actual jetpack craft. It would up it a bit without pushing it into iridium territory.

The multi-tool looks like a convenience. Also it was just a personal thing but I found the omniwrench did not remove base solars on my old server (haven't tried since), is it fully functioning now?

To correct a few comments - gravisuit is also incredibly fast compared to jetpacks at the cost of triple the energy consumption

They've said it's unintended and will be nerfing it, for me that's enough to avoid it
The gravitool has so far proved itself to be worthy enough for a spot in my inventory so I won't be ditching it anytime soon:D

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
For the people complaining about balance, I don't think you need to worry much, because Our Supreme Lord Greg will most likely bestow us with His Mighty Hammer of Balance once again.
Personally, I've fallen in love with my MPS, so IC² tools are a thing of the past, but I greatly appreciate something like this finally existing. I can't find much reason to care about the multitool, though. Hoes are used once and then you forget them for an eternity, treetaps are useful only before you get a Forestry rubber farm, and the Omniwrench already exists.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
For the people complaining about balance, I don't think you need to worry much, because Our Supreme Lord Greg will most likely bestow us with His Mighty Hammer of Balance once again.
Personally, I've fallen in love with my MPS, so IC² tools are a thing of the past, but I greatly appreciate something like this finally existing. I can't find much reason to care about the multitool, though. Hoes are used once and then you forget them for an eternity, treetaps are useful only before you get a Forestry rubber farm, and the Omniwrench already exists.
I don't think greg has touched this little mod, since he offers his own lappack that has the same energy, is like 10x the mats cost, and doesn't disable the old one

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Does anyone else get the texture problem with the icon? What might I be doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

2013-03-02_143648_zps26e53006.png

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone else get the texture problem with the icon? What might I be doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

That looks to be your texture pack not supporting the mod. Turn on the default texture pack and confirm if you have the same issue.

Mobott

Jul 29, 2019
Nice to see that more stuff is being added to GraviSuite, but I think I'll just stick with MPS.

Rednpd

Jul 29, 2019
Liking it, still haven't gotten nearly close to the mats I need for a gravisuit so this provides a nice midground. The tool doesn't seem as useful past early-mid game though but it's a good addition nonetheless.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for posting this! the website is down for me and this information will be used in my detailed chaneglog thread. Make sure to keep an eye out for it

Reactions: Geometry

Richoz27

Jul 29, 2019
Hover mode doesnt seem to be working on the Advanced Jetpack like the regular one, is this intentional?

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
How can i use this new boost mode? I only seem to got hover mode

(nvm it in hover mode lol)

Prysmkitsune

Jul 29, 2019
i cant get the gravitool to change mode's, i was testing it out in SSP i spawned it in useing NEI, does that break it or something, it works in 'hoe' mode but i cant get the treetap or wrench mode to work, ive tried m right clicking shift rightclicking and shift rightclicking then hiting m...what the halbop am i doing wrong?