Good vs. Evil

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
52 I was finally able to push something to arena_keeper again. The window generation script is now done. Now, if I need to create a new type of window I just type in
Code:
yarn run gen_window {window_name}
yarn run gen_routes
And I both get the minimum amount of code needed to create a window and it also generates the code that allows it to be opened and closed :)

I feel like this project wend from "I want to learn how to make something with WASM" into "I want to learn how to automate things that I need while working on a project" To be honest, I don't dislike it :)

It does mean that the readme.md file wend from simply "read how to install yew" to "read how to install yew, also install nodejs + yarn and then run these commands" but... that is acceptable I would say?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
51 Probably. Worst case, write a script that handles it for common distros.
52 I think I rather make a script that checks if everything is installed and runs my own scripts instead of making something that installs everything. After all I don't think setting it up is too difficult yet and I can always dive into docker if it really becomes a problem.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
51 Yeah. I have something I tried to install using one of those scripts and it didn't work, I'm planning at poking at it more later, when I have time. Also, I can't really nuke it an start again, since I'm only able to access it via ssh.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
51 Yeah. I have something I tried to install using one of those scripts and it didn't work, I'm planning at poking at it more later, when I have time. Also, I can't really nuke it an start again, since I'm only able to access it via ssh.
52 I'm pretty sure that it being inside docker makes it easier to start again? Considering it rebuilds the whole environment the application will be in every time something changes. Also, if it has ssh access I think its not setup correctly, unless the application that it should run needs it.

Or, maybe I'm just wrong as I never really used it (Well, except for work where it was "run these commands to run it")

Unless with "one of those scripts" you mean an install script? In which case you perfectly described why I rather make it run in docker rather than making a real install script.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
50 my current teacher: The subject matter(?) can be found here or at the usual place, they are identical but there are some differences.

Can someone explain how things can be identical yet contain differences?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
49. I was so tired last night; trying to do some stuff with installing Git and cloning a github. I missed a hidden folder as I couldn't work out how to make it unhidden, so I'll have to try that. Before that, I was doing the stuff for the Infinity Catalyst in A Polychromatic World. Its a long and expensive process, to say the least :p But I have one now. Which means I'm moving towards the Creative stage of the game!